which mods to start with?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Mattif
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

which mods to start with?

Post by Mattif »

hi there,

i played like 70+ hours, so i am really new to factorio :lol:
i started the rocket for 2 times and looking now for new advantures.

i read a lot about dytech, but it looks it is not compatible with the 0.12 version yet. what mods would you recommend?
i am looking for more ressourch, more complexity, more logistics and of course GUNS :P complete packs would be great

thanks for your help!

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: which mods to start with?

Post by daniel34 »

Mattif wrote:i am looking for more ressourch, more complexity, more logistics and of course GUNS :P complete packs would be great
You are looking for Bob's mods.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Mattif
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mattif »

i tried it. it says dytech is required, but dytech isnt compatible with 0.12.xx :cry:

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Mattif wrote:i tried it. it says dytech is required, but dytech isnt compatible with 0.12.xx :cry:
DyTech isn't required to play Bob's mods. If a dependency is shown in the mods dialog and it starts with an ? it is an optioal dependency and not required.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Mattif
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mattif »

daniel34 wrote:
Mattif wrote:i tried it. it says dytech is required, but dytech isnt compatible with 0.12.xx :cry:
DyTech isn't required to play Bob's mods. If a dependency is shown in the mods dialog and it starts with an ? it is an optioal dependency and not required.
och...good to know. thanks a lot! starting now :)

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Mattif wrote:
daniel34 wrote:
och...good to know. thanks a lot! starting now :)
Also go and search for one of tree growing mods - Treefarm or Greenhouse - you'll need them at first to make wood in automated manner.

axefrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axefrog »

I started with mods for the first time a few days ago. My recommendation:

- Misanthrope (for more challenging enemy behaviour)
- Bob's Mods (makes the game 10x as in-depth as it is in vanilla)
- Resource Spawner Overhaul ("RSO"; for giving you an actual reason to make trains and use them extensively)
- RSO Radar (because basic radars are practically useless when you're dealing with the larger area that RSO forces you into)
- Rail Tanker (for less-fiddly transporting of oil over large distances)
- Fat Controller (for managing trains more easily)
- Tree Farm - because you're gonna need a tonne of wood for Bob's Mods.

I started with a "very big" starting area, which, for Bob's Mods + RSO, turned out to be important because it gives you a chance to get your basic production in place before the pollution travels far enough to start causing you issues. I also play with max enemy settings, but that's a personal tastes thing. I have no idea how badly that decision will bite me. (hah, see what I did there?)

Mattif
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mattif »

thanks for all your imput. i started a new game with these mods, but hada amessage at start: "resource not available: creatine"

what does it mean? is this world "broken"?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

axefrog wrote:I started with mods for the first time a few days ago. My recommendation:

- Misanthrope (for more challenging enemy behaviour)
- Bob's Mods (makes the game 10x as in-depth as it is in vanilla)
- Resource Spawner Overhaul ("RSO"; for giving you an actual reason to make trains and use them extensively)
- RSO Radar (because basic radars are practically useless when you're dealing with the larger area that RSO forces you into)
- Rail Tanker (for less-fiddly transporting of oil over large distances)
- Fat Controller (for managing trains more easily)
- Tree Farm - because you're gonna need a tonne of wood for Bob's Mods.

I started with a "very big" starting area, which, for Bob's Mods + RSO, turned out to be important because it gives you a chance to get your basic production in place before the pollution travels far enough to start causing you issues. I also play with max enemy settings, but that's a personal tastes thing. I have no idea how badly that decision will bite me. (hah, see what I did there?)
About that last point aka max enemies. With RSO 1.5.0 you are on a voayge of discovery. It might be harsh (esp with bob's mods that add more worms) when you get further out - by that I mean 3k tiles from start maybe more. I didn't have that much time to test how big enemy bases will actually get :D

Return to “General discussion”