Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.4.20 (0.14.X)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.1.8 (f0.12)

Post by SKleen75 »

Hi.
Sometimes the SteamTurbine from the TMFW-Generator is producing MF with 15 Celsius.

Any idea how that happens.

It´s a bit annoying, if I build 40+ TMFW´s and after some time some of them stop working.

Got me nearly killed. ;)
YuokiTani Fanboy.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

SKleen75 wrote:Hi.
Sometimes the SteamTurbine from the TMFW-Generator is producing MF with 15 Celsius.
It´s a bit annoying, if I build 40+ TMFW´s and after some time some of them stop working.
Got me nearly killed. ;)
yes, it's instable since last 2 factorio-updates. i don't know the cure/fix and for me personally i think i should drop this system.
sometimes it helps replace the turbines and if it works (hot mf) build in a flow-trigger to keep the mf-fluid at high level. if it runs dry, it's nearly over ^^.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

SKleen75 wrote:Hi.

Got me nearly killed. ;)
You must not drain the output. Keep it nicely stable or it will fluctuate wildly. The only way to fix it is to decrease the time between fluid-box check. I'll see what I can fiddle with.
YuokiTani wrote: yes, it's instable since last 2 factorio-updates. i don't know the cure/fix and for me personally i think i should drop this system.
sometimes it helps replace the turbines and if it works (hot mf) build in a flow-trigger to keep the mf-fluid at high level. if it runs dry, it's nearly over ^^.
I think our savior will be 0.13 with its temperature in recipe.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Hahahaha. Oh lol guys. I just realised i wasted 3 days of my live because i tried to find a design that would work.

:shock: :D :shock:
YuokiTani Fanboy.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

There are designs that do work indefinitely. Use my designs, some where in the other thread (obviously I know the limitations since I wrote the code...kind of unfair but meh =P).

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Fatmice wrote:Here's a perpetual build :D
Endless Energy With Gearbox
I'm trying to reproduce this, and I cannot identify the things that are attached to the flow trigger. I guess they are the pumps, but where can I find them?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

The pumps are a vanilla items. It should be under the logistic tab.

brab
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by brab »

Fatmice wrote:The pumps are a vanilla items. It should be under the logistic tab.
Of course, sorry! I had not researched that yet.

It took a bit of squinting to finally see how you configured the flow triggers, but I finally saw the green wires between them and the pumps. This is a very nice setup!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( bug what in recipe add to corn?

farm to add to corn seed! what in serch corn seed?
Attachments
bandicam 2016-03-31 20-48-00-904.jpg
bandicam 2016-03-31 20-48-00-904.jpg (364.85 KiB) Viewed 9400 times

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

There is no bug, there is another recipe to make the first corn seed. Look again. ;)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Hey Yuoki, what's up with filling blood cans that requires yi steam? Isn't the only machine that can produce steam is the overheater? Also why? I tried opening the recipe file in the prototype folder and deleting the line that requires steam, but it doesn't work. When I load the game, it stills require steam to can blood.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:Hey Yuoki, what's up with filling blood cans that requires yi steam? Isn't the only machine that can produce steam is the overheater? Also why? I tried opening the recipe file in the prototype folder and deleting the line that requires steam, but it doesn't work. When I load the game, it stills require steam to can blood.
if you think about you know the anwser :) - for sterilization ^^. i think it's because somehow my mind-flow was interupted ^^ and simply forgot to continue the path.
the recipe is maybe double (autobuild-export) or you simply have forget to reset your recipes [/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()]

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

YuokiTani wrote:if you think about you know the anwser :) - for sterilization ^^. i think it's because somehow my mind-flow was interupted ^^ and simply forgot to continue the path.
the recipe is maybe double (autobuild-export) or you simply have forget to reset your recipes [/c game.player.force.reset_recipes()]
Oh. That makes sense, lol. Though that's really just cooking the blood, but I get your point. Since blood is living, you would put it on ice for storage to be use later and not sterilized. If you're set on adding something extra to the blood canning process, how about a freezer type machine that produce ice for the purpose of off-world trading animal products. It can produce ice from water and the ice can be used with trifitan (insulating material) to ice blood or ice raw meat or whatever other animal products you plan on adding to the game and then traded through the stargate. Trading cooked meat by themselves is kind of odd. I like the 'boxing' idea that you do with certain items in PFW, like ammo and rockets in wooden and steel boxes. So for meat and veggies, you could put them in plastic or trifitan boxes, or have those material(s) be ingredients during the packaging process and then traded.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

it was more filling blood in steril cans ... but ice (brilliant!) is the better idea - and i will use these :) - and boxing too !
(so now i need only make some machinery and icons ^^)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

YuokiTani wrote:it was more filling blood in steril cans ... but ice (brilliant!) is the better idea - and i will use these :) - and boxing too !
(so now i need only make some machinery and icons ^^)
Braaainnnzzz
brainz.png
brainz.png (18.24 KiB) Viewed 8894 times
More Brainnzzzz!
brainz2.png
brainz2.png (22.34 KiB) Viewed 8891 times

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

looks more like this at the moment :)
Image Image

if i count correct +7 package-, +1 plant-, +3 animal, +7 DNA-Splicer -recipes and some more to craft different stuff.
for retrade i hope of some good suggestion from you.
let's see if tomorrow new factorio-version happens.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Well, since you're looking for a new type of trade token to add, here's a great place to add them. Some sort of agricultural trade token. A life token signifying that you've traded something living thus proving your worth as a farmer/rancher. The agricultural trade token can then be used to make more advanced machine within the agricultural tab. The token can look like a green leaf. The tokens themselves can be traded for advanced crafting ingredients like quantrinums and lachan-crystals or fuels like alien fuel cells and fuel cell c. That way it's similar to PFW like you wanted in that you can get ingredients directly from trade or specifically if you have the tokens and UC-A2.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Genetically engineered smaller biters, that can be shipped offworld as fancy pets for the rich and famous. Image Paris Hilton running around with a small biter in her bag.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Arch666Angel wrote:Genetically engineered smaller biters, that can be shipped offworld as fancy pets for the rich and famous. Image Paris Hilton running around with a small biter in her bag.
^^
MantisShrimp wrote:Well, since you're looking for a new type of trade token to add, here's a great place to add them. Some sort of agricultural trade token. A life token signifying that you've traded something living thus proving your worth as a farmer/rancher. The agricultural trade token can then be used to make more advanced machine within the agricultural tab. The token can look like a green leaf. The tokens themselves can be traded for advanced crafting ingredients like quantrinums and lachan-crystals or fuels like alien fuel cells and fuel cell c. That way it's similar to PFW like you wanted in that you can get ingredients directly from trade or specifically if you have the tokens and UC-A2.
good idea, but before i make this change too, i will wait and collect some feedback and experience from the current changes. it's more a internal code challenge. if i could say this product-group trade for x-token and x-material or automaticly know what todo (smelting) it would be easier. but atm i need to make for all retrades also a recipe. to avoid spaming many recipes (and for a clean recipe-list) i need to select some. if it's possible to throw items into a machinery and it spits out tokens+material without any player-action (select correct recipe) i had more options :)

new version for testing & playing - uploaded

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.3.11 (f0.13)

Post by Peppe »

On the TMFW Engine + Steam turbine.

Am I missing something -- if I let the turbine get to max and then connect the engine it works fine 100% load.

If the turbine ever stops / MF goes to zero it can never re-start the engine.

Is there something that goes between them that would control the startup ? Older shots seem to just have one gap between the two mega blocks.

I couldn't connect either to the circuit network... is there something I could read?

Edit:
Not sure what I did, but the output on the turbine suddenly went from stuck at 15c to 400c and could cold start the engine.
Ok i guess the overheater still consumes water even if the input is not 85 degrees. But it still makes steam and then the turbine runs, but just outputs 15c. Guess it is doing what it should, but the problem is hard to spot unless you know what to look for.

Edit 3+:

I think i am starting to like this mod. Overwhelming initially -- really think it could use even free research tiers to hide things initially and let you control what is unlocked.

Took some trial and error in creative mode (great mod as well - https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Mooncat/creative-mode)

ANyway I got something I like -- 159MW stable. Consumes 2MW on the efficiency beacons... not sure how to calculate fuel used in boilers to pre-heat water for overheaters.
159MW

Return to “Yuoki Industries”