Boats & Islands

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Gorgestor
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Boats & Islands

Post by Gorgestor »

When I saw this picture where someone spawned in on an island, it sparked an idea. (http://i.imgur.com/iPnzwCE.png?1) What if we where able to use cargo ships on large bodies of water to transport our resources. Even though they may be able to transport large amounts of items they would have to be somewhat slow, winch would bring in balance for this alternate mode of transportation. The dock could be a placeable building that could be as large as or possibly larger than the rocket defense in length (Depending on how large the boat would be). The dock would unload the boat at the speed of a few fast inserter that would go into a fairly sizable inventory chest and then could be emptied into other chests and brought to a train to bring it to the factory (Just a rough idea). If there was a need for a path for them to travel there could be buoys place in the water to define the path and be the signals so other ships don't run into each other just as trains have with rails and signals. As for the island map there could be a selectable box when starting a new map that would create large archipelagos or multiple large continents.

Please let me know what you think about this below

Thanks for reading

*Edit* Here is an idea for the cargo ship, just without the ordinance (http://whfb-fr.lexicanum.com/mediawiki/ ... onclad.jpg)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Boats & Islands

Post by Koub »

Sorry to say, but this is not really a new idea.
Basically have a search with boat, another with ship, and you'll get maybe tens of topics suggesting it :)

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13324&hilit=boat
viewtopic.php?p=89994#p89994
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5419&hilit=boat
and many many more.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

christaarron
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Boats & Islands

Post by christaarron »

Cargo ship is cheaper than air transport. I agree that A business man can ship the products to other countries using wide seas. But mind it cargo should be insured.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”