Islands and building on water

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

gadgetkk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Islands and building on water

Post by gadgetkk »

I would like to propose the idea of being able to select a water density for maps allowing for the creation of islands or deserts where water is a scarcer resource. Much like seen in the CIV series.

This would require the ability to build paths/roads and rails over the water but would make having a single large scale operartion a lot more challenging.

Thoughts?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Islands and building on water

Post by daniel34 »

For islands, you can achieve that by setting Terrain segmentation to Very high and Water to Very big.
If you set the Starting area to None or Very small you already start on a small island:
I've used this kind of map generation in my last few server multiplayer games, but in that case it requires the Landfill mod (or some similar mod to bridge the water) and some stone on the starting island.

For desert spawns, just set Water to Starting area only and Starting area to Small/Very small, notice the small water patch in the center:
I didn't play with these maps but there are mods that create water on such maps "from the ground".
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Islands and building on water

Post by ssilk »

See also
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=80&t=262 Epic: water as limited ressource
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”