Bobs mod changes REMOVING UGLY ITEMS!! :D WIP

The place to share your custom game graphics.

Will be comming back to check the answers.

do you want more?
23%
Do you like the changes?
27%
Would you like the wooden board made out of wood texture?
18%
Should I also replace the blue circuit boards?
14%
Should I change other parts of Bobs mod?
18%

Total votes: 66

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bobs mod changes REMOVING UGLY ITEMS!! :D WIP

Post by lilstrip »

I am making some edits to bobs mod electronics because I prefer the vanilla look. Once I am done I will upload the changes and people can just edit the rest by themselves if they want :)

**NEW LIST OF ITEMS CHANGED**

-RESISTORS: (2 types) alright resistors done, pick one of the two I have made your choice one which to use :) (REMOVE THE 2 BEFORE THE .png!!!)

-FIBERGLASS-BOARD: Really simple change but makes all the difference :)

update, gotta put the new changes in replies because I can't put more than 10 attachments apperently, not my fault so pardon if it gets messy
Attachments
basic-electronic-components 2.png
basic-electronic-components 2.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 22451 times
basic-electronic-components.png
basic-electronic-components.png (850 Bytes) Viewed 22451 times
multi-layer-circuit-board.png
multi-layer-circuit-board.png (1.53 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
electronic-processing-board.png
electronic-processing-board.png (1.33 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
wooden-board.png
wooden-board.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
basic-circuit-board.png
basic-circuit-board.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
basic-electronic-circuit-board.png
basic-electronic-circuit-board.png (2.25 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
electronic-circuit-board.png
electronic-circuit-board.png (2.04 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
circuit-board.png
circuit-board.png (1.29 KiB) Viewed 22870 times
phenolic-board.png
phenolic-board.png (889 Bytes) Viewed 22870 times
Last edited by lilstrip on Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:27 am, edited 5 times in total.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bobs mod custom changes to look a bit better

Post by lilstrip »

who doesn't like polls? :P

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I do, but I'm not fond of mods changing too much from vanilla, so I don't use complete overhaul mods such as Bobs :)
Thus me voting would be inappropriate.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

For those who want more you could leave comments replies on what items you would like me to change!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's a good looking start.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

alright next changes are going to be resistors, sulfur, and iron ore

sulfur and iron ore will be changed to the vanilla ones for better looks and will see about the other circuit boards next

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

first pack of changes
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
complete remake

- fiberglass board

- better silicon waffles (like steejo would say XP)

- brand new cpu with stacked processing unit for whatever task needing! so its 2 cpu's in one but one of it is fully modable and looks much better than the placeholder in my opinion ;)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
specific tweaks:

- lighting change on the integrated electronics, shadow/reflection was looping and looked too chrome like so I lowered the tone of the lower left corner(took some time tbh) and looks more vanilla like in paint.net, havent seen it in-game yet so this is all subject to change!

still too shiny actualy, will have to make the thing more iron plate like :roll:
planned next changes:

- make wooden board wood like but with the chips shape and remove gold contact connectors

- make the blue circuit boards look thicker and tilte the overall thing a tiny bit (maybe since alot of items already are, would be cool if there could be multiple samples of items with different orientations to actualy make it look more random but eh, guess it wouldn'T help on performance unless the game wouldn't keep track of every single one and just spawn the items procedurally everytime they enter fov of the resolution to avoid invisible items on triple moniter setup for people like meh :P )

- try to see what I can do with the solder roll

- find a nice and satisfying shape for the rubber

- change the solder plate

- do the same changes to the electronic-components than what I did with the resistors because they should be equally packed together because of their size

- change the god awful looking resin XD sorry bob but I don't understand why it hasn't bine replaced yet!

- finaly make synthetic wood look so bad... reminds me of the stupid cheesy fake wood panels on the side of wagoneers in the 80s XD

- will do the superior-circuit-board and electronic-logic-board because I will completely remake them and I am planning on making it the best looking thing, have learned alot since the first changes! I will do my best to suprise you guys with a design which would be both respecting the game style, futuristic and maybe have a layout that would actualy work but with the size of the 32x32 res it would be very hard so that most likely wont be a thing. But I want it to be as satisfying looking as the vanilla modules because those things look so... can't find a word for it but its just fun to pick and drag those items for some reason XD probably because you can insert them in assemblers and such :)

Anyway thats it for today and will probanly bring some new juicy stuff as soon as possible so stay tuned if you like the changes so far :)
One last thing, going from Montreal to Toronto this weekend so a good 8 hour drive so I will be spending time on the highway tweaking stuff and hopefully by then I will be already tweaking modules because those will be really fun!
Attachments
integrated-electronics.png
integrated-electronics.png (1.73 KiB) Viewed 22438 times
cpu.png
cpu.png (2.72 KiB) Viewed 22442 times
silicon-wafer.png
silicon-wafer.png (2.24 KiB) Viewed 22446 times
fibreglass-board.png
fibreglass-board.png (1.76 KiB) Viewed 22450 times

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bobs mod changes REMOVING UGLY ITEMS!! :D WIP

Post by lilstrip »

just came back from toronto, and I need to rest a bit so will add some new items in probably a few days :)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I might consider playing bobs mod because of this. I for one (no offense bob) have not touched his mods because of how over the top ugly his mspaint done circuit boards are :P

EDIT: Ahh you live QC? I'm moving there in May to Hull area right at the plateau strip at one the condo's near all the stores. I needed a change and was so tired of Toronto and Ontario.

Keplergamer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Keplergamer »

Nice idea, I just would have kept the red circuits white. That red is a huge reality check and one of the biggest reasons I'm not very willing to go back to vanilla for a long time. Unless that's how they're on the real life.

Personally, I also got used to how they look, I'll probably be looking more for a pack that only add that dark shado over the borders....

Also, first time posting on a modding tread. I like this I want to experiment with it myself once. Nice to see all your effort. Some really good and well polished work here.

lilstrip
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lilstrip »

hey, sorry guys for being a bit afk, currently really busy, came back to school, went to toronto, ottowa, have been listening to music on soundcloud (search lilstrip and you can listen to my playlists if you want :) ) getting stuff setup because I am getting a bearded dragon and I need to move my gaming rig downstairs! Once this is all setup, I will be spending hopefully more time on this :P. Also, my sister is going to mary her bf and I am planning on getting a gf as well lol. Forgot to mention that bit XD

Return to “Texture Packs”