Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x][Bobs][Base] Angels Ores and Processing

Post by Arch666Angel »

splitted mods, changed around the structure of ore mod and made a trigger you can Switch from th mods menu. newly configured rso added to first post.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Apparently, you've missed a couple of .png files from the latest release. Namely ores-2.png and ores-3.png

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Apperently uploaded the wrong .zip, should be fixed. thanks for the hint

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Really cool mod, looks like you drew inspiration from Yuoki industries mod? I have long dreamed about such a mod to bob ores
Nice solution with getting silver nitrate
May be u'll need make dependency for ore technolgies before add reciies with their processing
Special thnaks for wood farming recipie and for stone farming recipie - nice addition for treefarm

May be u can add recipies from cartmen induries mod - i mean his first very early mod with natural gases? 8-)

P. S. Please move recipies for building in buildings tab it will be right
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Rhamphoryncus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rhamphoryncus »

angelsprocessing is giving me "Error in assignID, item with name 'solder-alloy' does not exist." when starting.

I'm only using some of Bob's. Notably I'm not using Bob's Electronics so I mostly have vanilla circuitry.

Adding that then gets me to an error about small alien artifacts, which I had disabled in bob's config.

Reenabling that gets me to an error science pack 4, and yup, I didn't have that installed either.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

@Rhamphoryncus

thanks for the hint, I'm only checking for bobmods in general at the moment, not for the individual parts, need to change that then. A workaround is to just delete the if...bobmods...then...end lines in the data.lua until I have the time to fix it in the next days.
What you want then is the vanilla ore processing part, everything else is generalized for the whole bobs package at the moment.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

You don't need to add that RSO here - it's available on it's own thread already.
(And I prefer to have single download place for consistency).

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Small processing update

@aklesey1

To be honest I haven't used Yuoki or cartmen mods, so don't know whats there I could integrate, need to dive into that by playing these mods and getting a feel if its worth integrating. Adding ores in general shouldn't be a big issue now, since the basic are there and RSO does autointegrate my infinite ores. Anything else is more work, specially if you want new alternative production lines.

The processing recipes should only show up if bobores are present, if that's what you mean.

I'm looking for an idea at the moment to make parts of the bio processing work for vanilla, because it heavily relies on bobmods.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

There is a typo in your latest update:
3.389 Error Util.cpp:49: __angelsprocessing__/data.lua:33: .../prototypes/technology/bob-ore-processing-technology.lua:379: attempt to call method 'exten' (a nil value)

It should be extend instead of exten :)

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

I'm wondering why it isn't giving me an error Oo Anyways fixed! Thanks for the hint.

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

Very nice, good that you also added support for the RSO, seeing as your infinte ores doesn't pop up with the absence of RSO because I have a save game with over 60+ hours on it.
I like this mod.
I highly recommend the usage of the RSO Mod it features the generation of ore patches which have a percentage of infinite ores (see screenshot in long description) thanks to orzelek!
Ye, I kind of wondered already why you new ores doesn't pop up without RSO on saved games, oh well whatever.

By the way, do you plan to extend in the future the ore processing stuff or leave as it it? Just wondering.

Rhamphoryncus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rhamphoryncus »

I just noticed that my galena deposits have finite galena(lead) and nickel (a default option for bobs), they only have infinite galena (not nickel).

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Rhamphoryncus wrote:I just noticed that my galena deposits have finite galena(lead) and nickel (a default option for bobs), they only have infinite galena (not nickel).
Damn I knew I forgot something :D Had to wrap my head around what bob did, should be fixed. New version 0.12.3 is up.
Guest_4544 wrote:Very nice, good that you also added support for the RSO, seeing as your infinte ores doesn't pop up with the absence of RSO because I have a save game with over 60+ hours on it.
I like this mod.
I highly recommend the usage of the RSO Mod it features the generation of ore patches which have a percentage of infinite ores (see screenshot in long description) thanks to orzelek!
Ye, I kind of wondered already why you new ores doesn't pop up without RSO on saved games, oh well whatever.

By the way, do you plan to extend in the future the ore processing stuff or leave as it it? Just wondering.
If you add the ores to an existing savegame, the ores will only show up in new generated chunks I think, or if you regenerate all ores via the command line. ( remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate") ) Do yourself a favour and make a backup of your save in case something ugly happens if you want to use it.

That is a good question, for the moment I'm content with it, cause I wanted it to be an extension to Bobmods, to give the player more options in processing the ore to plates. And I have no further idea on how to extend it without changing and redoing large parts of what bobplates does. Also I'm not sure a shitton more of complexity would add anything to the experience, but who know maybe it does. I will think about it.

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

Arch666Angel wrote:
If you add the ores to an existing savegame, the ores will only show up in new generated chunks I think, or if you regenerate all ores via the command line. ( remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate") ) Do yourself a favour and make a backup of your save in case something ugly happens if you want to use it.
Yeah makes sense, I can already use your ore types on newly discovered chunks. At least it works now.

( remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate") )
Does this command only work for bobores? Because I don't have his mod installed and I have no interested in doing so.
When I try to do this instead ( remote.call("ores", "Regenerate") ) or ( remote.call("iron-ore", "Regenerate") ) the console just outputs:
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "( remote.call("iron-ore", "Regenerate")" ] 1: Unknown interface: iron-ore
Arch666Angel wrote:
That is a good question, for the moment I'm content with it, cause I wanted it to be an extension to Bobmods, to give the player more options in processing the ore to plates...
Alright.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Guest_4544 wrote:
Arch666Angel wrote:
Yeah makes sense, I can already use your ore types on newly discovered chunks. At least it works now.

( remote.call("bobores", "Regenerate") )
Does this command only work for bobores? Because I don't have his mod installed and I have no interested in doing so.
When I try to do this instead ( remote.call("ores", "Regenerate") ) or ( remote.call("iron-ore", "Regenerate") ) the console just outputs:
Cannot execute command. Error: [string "( remote.call("iron-ore", "Regenerate")" ] 1: Unknown interface: iron-ore
Arch666Angel wrote:
That is a good question, for the moment I'm content with it, cause I wanted it to be an extension to Bobmods, to give the player more options in processing the ore to plates...
Alright.
That command is for the bobores addon, if you don't use bobs but do use RSO this is the way to do it:
It is recommended to start a new game, but regenerating resources in an old save is totally possible.
Map generation settings are read by the mod and used (from version for 0.12).

If you want to use old save or just want to regenerate the resources on map:

Use the following command to regenerate resources:

Code: Select all

/c remote.call("RSO", "regenerate")

To generate new seed and regenerate resources:

/c remote.call("RSO", "regenerate", true)

Be aware that this can take few minutes and biter bases will also respawn, the most safe place to execute this command is the starting area.
Any resources in the starting region are not affected by this command.
As for expending the processing, you got me thinking. There are two ways to expend, either redo all the ores fields and add a bunch of real life ores, which would result in having troubles to find a certain ore, or rework the way you have to process ores and have 1-2 less ores.

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

Arch666Angel wrote:

/c remote.call("RSO", "regenerate")

To generate new seed and regenerate resources:

/c remote.call("RSO", "regenerate", true)
This one worked, thanks.
Arch666Angel wrote: As for expending the processing, you got me thinking. There are two ways to expend, either redo all the ores fields and add a bunch of real life ores, which would result in having troubles to find a certain ore.
Sounds great. Yeah right now one could just quickly build a few outpost here and there and within a few minutes can already use them for other items.

Arch666Angel wrote: or rework the way you have to process ores and have 1-2 less ores.
Not too bad I guess since you added infinite ores.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

So I have been thinking a bit about the processing and apparently the question is, how far do I want it to blow up. With 4 tiers in this structure its 4 items and 8 recipes per ore, not counting the recipes to integrate it into base or bobs, which adds 2-3 recipes.

Need opinions!
Attachments
flowchart.png
flowchart.png (61.17 KiB) Viewed 12111 times

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

Arch666Angel wrote:So I have been thinking a bit about the processing and apparently the question is, how far do I want it to blow up. With 4 tiers in this structure its 4 items and 8 recipes per ore, not counting the recipes to integrate it into base or bobs, which adds 2-3 recipes.
so if I read it right, the crushed ore mixed with water becomes a processed ore, I think as a byproduct it should leave toxic waste/dirty water.
The dirty water could be cleaned to clean water or maybe just discard entirely.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slag according to this slag could be used for concrete production or glass, but Factorio doesn't contain any sort of glasses.

is the pure byproduct 1 supposed to be copper? the color suggest it so

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Adding something like dirt water only makes sense if there was an entity in base or bobs that uses it, perhaps could work something out like running it through a water treatment plant and then feeding it as mineral rich water into the bio-processing plant. But that's something that I could add later on.

The biproducts would be certain minerals which are attached to the main ore in nature, like cobalt is often found in conjunction with copper and/or iron and so on.

Guest_4544
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Guest_4544 »

Arch666Angel wrote:Adding something like dirt water only makes sense if there was an entity in base or bobs that uses it, perhaps could work something out like running it through a water treatment plant and then feeding it as mineral rich water into the bio-processing plant. But that's something that I could add later on.
Right, kind of pointless adding dirt-water immediately when all the player can do about is by discarding it.

Return to “Angels Mods”