Way to advertise more?

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
I_IBlackI_I
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Way to advertise more?

Post by I_IBlackI_I »

I found the game due xisumavoid, sooo my idea was if you could get famous youtubers to play factorio there will be alot of people looking (and probably going to indiegogo). If you could get the Yogscast (i personally hate them but they are famous) to play the game it would probably get thousands of people.

HellEye
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Way to advertise more?

Post by HellEye »

Well, pretty good idea, but I have one question: how to tell yogscast to play it? I don't think they read toi much of pms cos nost of them are spam. And emails probably won't work too. Maybe if all factorio players spam their inbox they will read it, but it's really not too possible. I can try inbox some polish youtubers, I think some of them read PMs. If devs could contact some and maybe give then alpha for half prize or somethink like that it could work.

I_IBlackI_I
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by I_IBlackI_I »

yea i mean just try to contact some if they react and play it some people will see the game and might go to indiegogo

kwoff
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kwoff »

I found out about this game from TheZemalf: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wR8WFT7J ... eZemalf%29

Xisuma
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Xisuma »

Convincing youtubers to pick up a game and play a game is a tricky business. I have contacted a fair few of my YT channel friends about this game and helping promote it but the usual concern is that it will not be beneficial to there channel. Often YTers pick games they know there audience will enjoy, Yogscast for example play the big games and don't take risks on indie games. The reason i choose to play this game on my channel is cause i have a different approach, i think my enjoyment of a game is what makes my videos watchable. So if you wanted to contact any YTers find channels that play there favorite games and not the big ones :-)

Mark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Mark »

Xisuma wrote:Convincing youtubers to pick up a game and play a game is a tricky business. I have contacted a fair few of my YT channel friends about this game and helping promote it but the usual concern is that it will not be beneficial to there channel. Often YTers pick games they know there audience will enjoy, Yogscast for example play the big games and don't take risks on indie games. The reason i choose to play this game on my channel is cause i have a different approach, i think my enjoyment of a game is what makes my videos watchable. So if you wanted to contact any YTers find channels that play there favorite games and not the big ones :-)
That is true. I've also shared this game with many people, and it seems my video that I put out made some people buy the game! :D.
YT Channel (Minecraft + Factorio): http://www.youtube.com/user/NiceMarkMC
Factorio Tutorial Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... XTtCXiJjdn

Return to “Spread the Word”