Small attempt to fix a mod

Place to get help with not working mods / modding interface.
Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Small attempt to fix a mod

Post by Ninjadude501 »

So, I'm currently trying to run through all the bugs in the Galactic Trade mod (can be found in the Obsolete Mods forum), and I ran into a bug that I don't understand. I'm also likely going to run into a LOT more bugs that I don't understand.
Note there is another person running through this, my attempt is separate from theirs.

Here's the screenshot of the bug: http://imgur.com/SFpo1HZ
Note, to get to this I had to run through a fair amount of other bugs. (When I started, it wouldn't even generate the map without throwing a glitch)
I have not done anything to the line of code that it's talking about in the message, as I have little idea what it's saying is wrong.
I'm running Factorio 0.12.20.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Small attempt to fix a mod

Post by Zeblote »

Replace makefile with write_file

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Zeblote wrote:Replace makefile with write_file
Aha! That worked! Now to play with the mod and confirm there aren't any other glitches, otherwise I'm good. :D
Thanks!

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Got another bug when I tried to buy something. http://imgur.com/Xbj74QC No clue what this means.
Information that might be important (that I know of): Line 397 does contain "get_localised_item_name"

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Version 0.12.12 wrote:game.get_localised_entity_name is replaced by LuaEntityPrototype::localised_name read property. The same for technology and item.
It should be something along the lines of game.item_prototypes["entity-name"].localised_name()
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

daniel34 wrote:
Version 0.12.12 wrote:game.get_localised_entity_name is replaced by LuaEntityPrototype::localised_name read property. The same for technology and item.
It should be something along the lines of game.item_prototypes["entity-name"].localised_name()
Well, that doesn't appear to be working. I believe that I need a different line than that. This is what the line was before, exactly; game.get_localised_entity_name(item.name)
I'm fairly sure that what the entire line of code does is figure out what item I clicked so that it can tell me what it costs to buy it, know what it's supposed to buy, etc.. However, I'm not experienced in coding whatsoever so I could be entirely wrong.

EDIT: Fixed! Just had to remove the () after .localised_name
It appears the mod now works in its entirety, but I still have to test out the logistic sell/buy chests. Thanks for the help so far everyone!

CorrettoSambuca
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by CorrettoSambuca »

Sooo...
Is there any chance you'll be posting the fixed mod? :mrgreen:

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

CorrettoSambuca wrote:Sooo...
Sure. Let me just PM a mod to figure out exactly the rules on posting unofficial updates, and then I'll post it ASAP. (which could be today, could be tomorrow, could be not for a week if I accidentally forget, but I'll try at least)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Ninjadude501 wrote:
Sure. Let me just PM a mod to figure out exactly the rules on posting unofficial updates, and then I'll post it ASAP. (which could be today, could be tomorrow, could be not for a week if I accidentally forget, but I'll try at least)
The mod ([MOD 0.12.X] Galactic Trade) is licensed under the MIT license, which means you can basically do pretty anything with it (including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software), as long as you credit the original author and include a copy of that license in your mod.
coopmaster wrote:I decided that I am going to stop development of this mod for now. I won't be fixing bugs or updating the mod for the time being. I might come back to finish the mod before the steam release, but for now there are other things I want to work on. Thanks for everyone who has downloaded and played my mod, and a special thanks to those who gave feedback to me. If you want to take on development of this mod, just pm me and go over to the github page here and fork it (or just download it, forking it just makes it easier to see where the mod comes from and for me to see who picks it up).

I hope you guys understand that I just wasn't having a great time constantly fixing bugs with a game I just wanted to play to relax, and welcome me back if or when I decide to continue mod development for factorio.
Usually unofficial updated mods go into Unofficial Updated Mods / Unofficial Patches, but if you intend to keep supporting this mod you can also post it in Gameplay / Vanilla+, since the mod author has officially discontinued this mod.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Got around to posting it. Here you go! https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 20&t=19850

Return to “Modding help”