Cost of Factorio on Steam?

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
bobby45800
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Cost of Factorio on Steam?

Post by bobby45800 »

How much will Factorio cost on Steam?
Been following the game for almost 1 year now, it has changed a lot over the years. I can finally buy it!
Thanks,
Bobby45800
The nice thing about Windows is, it doesn’t just crash, it displays a dialog box and lets you press “OK” first :)

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Cost of Factorio on Steam?

Post by Drury »

And what exactly prevented you from buying it?

Whatever the case, I would guess 16$ just like now, unless they plan a surprise price increase.

Rockstar04
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Rockstar04 »

Drury wrote:And what exactly prevented you from buying it?

Whatever the case, I would guess 16$ just like now, unless they plan a surprise price increase.
From what I understand Steam takes a cut of the sale, so they may choose to raise it so they get the same amount in the end.

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

That would be a dumb move, finally moving to Steam and then charging extra, alienating everyone. For a lot of people, OP included, buying games outside Steam is not an option for whatever reason, now imagine you have to pay more than it costs on the website.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Quote from a developer: (note that this info is almost a year old and subject to change, so wait for official confirmation)
slpwnd wrote:
Piranha wrote:Is it known if there will be a price increase once you guys launch to steam? I have a few friends that I keep trying to get to purchase the game but they want to wait until it's on steam. Telling them they get a steam key has failed many times but maybe if I let them know it may be cheaper now to purchase it will push them over the line and just buy the game already!! haha
There will be for sure. Actually there might be already a slight increase when 0.11 gets stable.
Then again, what are the reasons why people don't buy it from the website? I never understood that, especially given that you will get a steam key if you prefer that.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

It will cost more on steam, but nothing dramatic.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Can you allow multiplayer in the demo? Maybe playing the demo missions with friends that have the full game?

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

kovarex wrote:It will cost more on steam, but nothing dramatic.
As in, it will cost more on Steam while simultaneously being cheaper on the website, or an overall price increase?

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Drury wrote:
kovarex wrote:It will cost more on steam, but nothing dramatic.
As in, it will cost more on Steam while simultaneously being cheaper on the website, or an overall price increase?
Most likely an increase overall. From what I have heard and just a general guess I would say probably about $20 will be the new price once it goes on Steam. That is just a guess though.
Image Image Image

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

Well I certainly hope so, for the dev's sake. Having double pricing would have a plethora of negative consequences.

Return to “Spread the Word”