Space Efficient Red Circuit Production

Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput.
Involving: Belts (balancers, crossings), Inserters, Chests, Furnaces, Assembling Devices ...
Optimized production chains. Compact design.
Please provide blueprints!
Forum rules
Circuit-free solutions of basic factory-design to achieve optimal item-throughput
Smoothbandit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Space Efficient Red Circuit Production

Post by Smoothbandit »

Hello, first time poster here! ;) I built something that I felt inclined to share. This is the most 'modular' looking setup I've ever placed into one of my factories, and it came after a night where I thought "I want a lot of red circuits".
With Empty Belts
With Full Belts
No ALT view because all the assemblers are red circuit assemblers.
It's arranged in lines of 8 assemblers for convenience, each line of 8 requires: 1 copper wire assembler, 1 green circuit assembler, <1 plastic chem plant (=1 if all yellow assemblers).
I haven't done much of the math about this setup, but I'm certain that the copper wire transport belts need to be red belts or better. You can probably get away with yellow belts everywhere else to make the setup (alot) cheaper. Basic inserters are also acceptable instead of fast ones.

Pros:
- it's nearly 100% space efficient, except for the exterior belting, every space is used.
- it can very easily be expanded with the use of blueprints.

Blue_Lucario
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Space Efficient Red Circuit Production

Post by Blue_Lucario »

Nice!!! :D

I'm going to build one in my base!

xaviershay
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xaviershay »

I was just building a red circuit factory! Hadn't got to space efficient yet, was just trying to figure out good ratios. This looks good!

logris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by logris »

I have put this to use in my latest factory. I added some assemblers for copper wire and green circuits to it, and made that tileable also.
I'm not sure if I really needed Mk3 assemblers for the wire/green circuits, it looked like Mk2's were struggling to begin with.

I've actually got 4 sets of these (8 columns of 8 red circuit assemblers each). I had to dedicate a block of furnaces especially for it.

Smoothbandit
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Smoothbandit »

Whoa, very impressive!

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Aye, embeds indeed beautifully into my rack based system, replacing the old design and now being my new default design for red circuits :thumbsup: :) Good work!

@logris: your wire factories would benefit from three (insteads of two) inserters taking out the wires: 2 in, 3 out is the ideal balance and also puts 50% more wires onto the belt

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zhab »

Even thou people keep saying that the map is infinit... why bother with compact design ? I really love building neat , organised and compact. You really are speaking my language with this ! Its awesome :D.

DoctorWho?
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by DoctorWho? »

I use easy, mostly empty worlds to design compact things, or do stupidly huge things. And then I make deaethworlds and use this new knowledge to be crushed by my enemies crush my enemies! :D

Return to “Mechanical Throughput Magic (circuit-free)”