Category: Power, Light
Tags: Concrete, Power, Light
Release:
Concrete_Lamppost_0.1.0.zip
--Initial release 2016-01-03
(41.1 KiB) Downloaded 6874 times
Pics

GIF Demonstration

Does what you might think it does... its a lamppost...
Small point, you can connect color wire to the poles, but cannot control the lamps with them, no circuit conditions and such sorry...
As always any comments, suggestions bugs etc leave them below...

Greatest thanks to YuokiTani for the great sprite, his work is, as always, really beautiful :)

Metonymia
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] Concrete Lamppost

Post by Metonymia »

I like this idea, but I'm not a fan of the way it works out. The current required amount of resources to build just one lamppost feel like a bit much to me. Also, could you post a picture of how much light a lamppost gives? If it's more than a regular Lamp, I'd like to compare the two.

If it's just the same as a normal Lamp, the amount of resources is definately too much for just a cosmetic difference, in my opinion. Additionally, lights become quite obsolete once the player has the option to use Night Vision...

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Obviously you haven't checked even the picture provided (the greatest of ironies considering you ask for more pictures). It's not just a lamp, it's also a power pole.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Metonymia wrote:I like this idea, but I'm not a fan of the way it works out. The current required amount of resources to build just one lamppost feel like a bit much to me. Also, could you post a picture of how much light a lamppost gives? If it's more than a regular Lamp, I'd like to compare the two.

If it's just the same as a normal Lamp, the amount of resources is definately too much for just a cosmetic difference, in my opinion. Additionally, lights become quite obsolete once the player has the option to use Night Vision...
The light diameter is 0.75 of the normal lamp, and has a slightly lower intensity (which by my game logic is because its further off the ground)

But it isnt a normal lamp, it is a lamppost... if connects to the wires of electricity poles, with a wire reach of 15 (greater than medium pole) and thus in that way it has its advantages.

The cost is reasonable i feel, and it is a fun and complex item to automate (4 items, all of them complex)

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by SirRichie »

Metonymia wrote:I like this idea, but I'm not a fan of the way it works out. The current required amount of resources to build just one lamppost feel like a bit much to me. Also, could you post a picture of how much light a lamppost gives? If it's more than a regular Lamp, I'd like to compare the two.

Somehow I find this to be rather offending. You do not devote the time to even check the provided pictures and at the same time, come across with a very demanding tone. I am sure that no mod developer here (and especially not Klonman), minds constructive criticism on their work. But this is just along the lines of "I want my money back, because I don't like what I got for free"

Here is the great thing about mods: you do not have to use them. And you can also change them...

@Klonman: nice work.

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Finally :D I wrote about this idea some time ago here https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =6&t=18213 I do not know if this has inspired you or do you figure alone, but thank you very much :P
In the future, you can add rotation,because the lamp is not always set properly to road, and the lamp shouldn't be diagonally but vertical and horizontal like all obiects in game, please remember about this change in graphics.
And that, you can add colorful lights like in color-coding_1.0.7 mod?

Regards

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Kloan are u read post? you can not rotate the lamp and mod becomes useless plis do something with this man. i can tolerate izometric lamp but i can't tolerate fact i cant rotate to standing proprly.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Pohybel wrote:Kloan are u read post? you can not rotate the lamp and mod becomes useless plis do something with this man. i can tolerate izometric lamp but i can't tolerate fact i cant rotate to standing proprly.
Sorry dude, theres just no way to rotate electric poles :(

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Oh man why?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Pohybel wrote:Oh man why?
Its just the game, you can only rotate certain things by hand

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

listen mod is useless without this option maybe there is any way to implement rotation maybe others moder can help? Can you tell my where is problem, i know il be layman but maybe someone reat this and make help?
It's very important for me that this mod work properly.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Pohybel wrote:listen mod is useless without this option maybe there is any way to implement rotation maybe others moder can help? Can you tell my where is problem, i know il be layman but maybe someone reat this and make help?
It's very important for me that this mod work properly.
Well its not useless for me,
and it doesnt rotate, and i dont plan to change the mod atm
So no trouble for you not to use it

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

Oh pliss do not be like this, you know that this is not my point, I respect you and respect you work mod is very good but
It is not finite, do not be offended. Why do not you want to finish something what u create?
Pliss write where is problem to implement rotation function in script you have four lamp icon so only write code need by.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Pohybel wrote:
Oh pliss do not be like this, you know that this is not my point, I respect you and respect you work mod is very good but
It is not finite, do not be offended. Why do not you want to finish something what u create?
Pliss write where is problem to implement rotation function in script you have four lamp icon so only write code need by.
Its finished for me, accomplished what i wanted,

If i make it rotate, i have to make it not a powerpole,
if its not a powerpole, then you cannot click and drag, or connect wires, or power the lamp.

There is no way for me to implement rotations

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

whether this is due construction lamps? or if the cable would be connected to inside point of lamp, not like now to behinde point ther can by still be power pole and can by rotated?
what you think about this?

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Pohybel wrote:whether this is due construction lamps? or if the cable would be connected to inside point of lamp, not like now to behinde point ther can by still be power pole and can by rotated?
what you think about this?
lamps cant be rotated and neither can power poles,
and if there was a entity i spawn which you can rotate,
the wires would be all wrong...

I dont see why it is so important to have them always face the correct direction

Pohybel
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Pohybel »

imagine the streets where one lamp shines on the streets and the other shines on the sidewalk, it looks like the Russian middle of nowhere.
secondly, I can not illuminate point what i want, because the lamp set her back.
these lamps look great, but set improperly they look pointless. :cry:

but if it by only lamp not lamppost it be possible to rotated you write wires be wrong but what wires logistic?
i dont use it i only need tkis lamp as lamp not lamppost.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

You could just make 4 different lamppost entities, one for each rotation... not optimal, I know, but it's something.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I was wondering ...

Why not a multiple lamp post ?
Like so
Or like so
(forget about the flowers)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Koub wrote:I was wondering ...

Why not a multiple lamp post ?
That could work too.

Return to “Mods”