Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.6.20 (f0.16.0+)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

Bonzai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.0.5 (f0.12.11)

Post by Bonzai »

Nice work. Keep going! ;)
I think i will start with 0.0.6.

A nice addition would be, if the Locos / Waggons will automatically put on a track in front of the specific workshop, if that would be possible.
Feels kinda strange, to pull a Loco / Waggon out of a box or your pocket... :D
Ok, it's no difference compared to the other items... But i like Trains ;)

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

Yes, nice work. Looking forward how this extra additions turns out.

I don't know if this is the right place for requests. But would it be possible to make a 4x4 "chest" like:
large boxes mod: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 94&t=14217
or
Warehousing mod: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 93&t=17295

But with ore storage graphics, same as the ore wagons.
cws_riron_icon.png
cws_riron_icon.png (2.64 KiB) Viewed 10307 times
It can be square walls with ore in it, or just a pile/mountain of ore.
So we can offload the ores from the orewagons into orepiles.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

miturion wrote:Yes, nice work. Looking forward how this extra additions turns out.
every new locomotive or cargo-wagon will placed as addon, so at the end you are selected the trains you want to play with.
miturion wrote: I don't know if this is the right place for requests. But would it be possible to make a 4x4 "chest" like:
large boxes mod: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 94&t=14217
or
Warehousing mod: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 93&t=17295
But with ore storage graphics, same as the ore wagons.
cws_riron_icon.png
It can be square walls with ore in it, or just a pile/mountain of ore.
So we can offload the ores from the orewagons into orepiles.
you posted the strongest argument against that ;)
personal i don't want make mods or include things that in other mods exists. i don't want to make other peoples work useless ! because i implement/interpret this new. sure sometime i can't avoid this - but in general i try to avoid.
of course it's easier for you have all in one mod included, but using this specified idea and refered to another mod feels as stealing for me. so instead of that option all people love this mod and hate me for include/steal this chest/idea i choose, you can hate me for not importing/take over this idea.

beside that, with yuoki-industries you can craft big chest's (2x2 and 3x3)

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

YuokiTani wrote:
you posted the strongest argument against that ;)
personal i don't want make mods or include things that in other mods exists. i don't want to make other peoples work useless ! because i implement/interpret this new. sure sometime i can't avoid this - but in general i try to avoid.
of course it's easier for you have all in one mod included, but using this specified idea and refered to another mod feels as stealing for me. so instead of that option all people love this mod and hate me for include/steal this chest/idea i choose, you can hate me for not importing/take over this idea.

beside that, with yuoki-industries you can craft big chest's (2x2 and 3x3)
I understand you don't want to use other mods, but these were only included as an example, I did not know there were big chests in yuoki-industries. The reason I asked was to make my rail stations for ores better visually different from each other. So you can see where the iron offloading is, and where the copper offloading is, based on the ore storage texture. It has no other purpose than just being fancy :) . The thing is, if anyone else tries to make these, they don't have the same texture as the ore cargowagons. I could try to make one with duplicating the cargowagon-ore texture with your permission, but it will look bad. :D

edit:
I made something in paint. It does not look that bad actually.
iron ore sot
iron ore sot
iron ore storage.jpg (608.17 KiB) Viewed 10291 times

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

miturion wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:snip
I understand you don't want to use other mods, but these were only included as an example, I did not know there were big chests in yuoki-industries. The reason I asked was to make my rail stations for ores better visually different from each other. So you can see where the iron offloading is, and where the copper offloading is, based on the ore storage texture. It has no other purpose than just being fancy :) . The thing is, if anyone else tries to make these, they don't have the same texture as the ore cargowagons. I could try to make one with duplicating the cargowagon-ore texture with your permission, but it will look bad. :D

edit:
I made something in paint. It does not look that bad actually.
How about Resource Piles?
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

MasterBuilder wrote: How about Resource Piles?
Yes that might work. Thanks. Although I am not really in favor of the waste mechanic.
edit: that mod does not work anymore with the latest version of Factorio.

Maai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maai »

YuokiTani wrote:YI-Railways is now a Standalone Mod
(versions before 0.0.5 needs Yuoki-Industries)[/spoiler]
Hello YuokiTani!
I like your modification, thank you! :) I want to mention one thing.
Animation wagon needs a little revision, in my humble opinion ;) .
Apparently they need to move frame a little (one position for left and right animation).
This is clearly seen when a train composed from several short wagons!
Image attached (3 big screenshot :lol: ) :arrow:
Thx!
Last edited by Maai on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Maai wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:YI-Railways is now a Standalone Mod
(versions before 0.0.5 needs Yuoki-Industries)[/spoiler]
Hello YuokiTani!
I like your modification, thank you! :) I want to mention one thing.
Animation wagon needs a little revision, in my humble opinion ;) .
Apparently they need to move frame a little (one position for left and right animation).
This is clearly seen when a train composed from several short wagons!
Thx!
yep, i know. same for the red steam locomotive.
for the most i did the frame-calculation wrong. but also for the new wood-wagon is really bad from me. i really need to fix my general-rotation-template.
so i will fix it over time, with reworking some of the colors and wagons. it will take some time.

so i have also a question.
i want to reduce the file-size of the core, so i suggest to exclude some locomotives and wagons from the core. what's your opinions about this way ?
for me the core should only contain, the 4 ressource-cargo-wagon, 1 tank-wagon, black steam-locomotive and 3 diesel-switchers. all shorts.

and another question, but i should carefully about this to not raise false hope.
What locomotive or cargo-wagon is your dream to see in game ? (sure i plan something as i always do.)

Maai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maai »

Hard to tell. Many trains and locomotives are very good and it is a pity to part with them;)
Now i love this Yuoki-train:
Trains
Wagons
Actually, I personally love the big multi-axis carriages (from four axes and more). And special wagons.
Examples and a possible perspective
Last edited by Maai on Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.

Maai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Maai »

And...
As for the prospects of new trains:
Personally, I think that on a alien planet can not be descent without armored trains (with different specialized wagons) :)
I love armor train
Nice

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.0.6 (f0.12.11+)

Post by YuokiTani »

new version 0.0.6 for factorio 0.12.11+

- older and temporary recipes changed to final
- includes the new train-material workshop to craft needed parts to build a locomotive or cargo-wagon
- all train-releated factorys or workshops work only with solid fuels, no electricity is needed
- contains atm stil all older locomotives and cargo-wagons

new Train-Material-Factory and better graphic for the Tile-Factory

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

I watched your latest youtube video and love the train name :D
I know in what train I will be riding next time.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

miturion wrote:I watched your latest youtube video and love the train name :D
:)
A little Thank You for your post's and feedback.

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

YuokiTani wrote:
miturion wrote:I watched your latest youtube video and love the train name :D
:)
A little Thank You for your post's and feedback.
Thank you for making the mods :D

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

I am currently using rail tanker, which is a very good mod. However I dislike how the fluid transportation into the wagon is handled specifically. I found this with the tank wagons, but I don't need all the locomotives, wagons, rails, extra tile factories and whatnot, because frankly I don't really care if a train is 20 cm longer and accelerates 1.2m/s faster and has a top speed of 3m/s slower than another train. It's way over the top for me. I do like the idea of different wagons for different cargo, just to visually indicate what the train is for, but again, it's a bit over the top, especially with the hassle it comes with the different train sizes.
So is there a mod from fatmice with just the tanks and pumps or something? would be a nice alternative to rail tanker. Besides that I do like the graphics a bit better and the size is more reasonable.

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

YuokiTani wrote:new version 0.0.6 for factorio 0.12.11+
- all train-releated factorys or workshops work only with solid fuels, no electricity is needed
you talk as if that's a good thing... it's a hassle, really. electricity is first used to get AWAY from hauling coal everywhere. Just my opinion though, obviously.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

FalcoGer wrote:I am currently using rail tanker, which is a very good mod. However I dislike how the fluid transportation into the wagon is handled specifically. I found this with the tank wagons, but I don't need all the locomotives, wagons, rails, extra tile factories and whatnot, because frankly I don't really care if a train is 20 cm longer and accelerates 1.2m/s faster and has a top speed of 3m/s slower than another train. It's way over the top for me. I do like the idea of different wagons for different cargo, just to visually indicate what the train is for, but again, it's a bit over the top, especially with the hassle it comes with the different train sizes.
So is there a mod from fatmice with just the tanks and pumps or something? would be a nice alternative to rail tanker. Besides that I do like the graphics a bit better and the size is more reasonable.
You don't have to use Yuoki's train heads to get the fluid tank working. The long tanks are the same wagon size as the vanilla wagon so you can stick it behind the vanilla train head if you don't like to deal with different sizes.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

FalcoGer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FalcoGer »

By size I mean capacity. And it's mostly just to prevent UI clutter and to save on my graphics memory. it will most certainly break my game if I load all those train graphics, for no reason to boot.
I guess I could modify it myself, but I'm kinda lazy :P

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

YI-Railroads will be in future version broken in different parts.
- core (a few locomotve + basic cargo-wagon + machinery to craft) - aim for ~ 20 - 30 MB file-size
- fluids (all fluid-handling stuff includes tank-wagons and handlers)
- yuoki-railways (all branded and themed yi-locomotives and cargo-wagons)
- special-cargo
- uranium-power - theme
- european - theme (collects most last single addons, short cargo-wagons)
- america - theme (continent - atm emd-f7's, planed preferred long-cargo-wagon(vanilla-size))
- future - theme (extra stuff - futuristic and different locomotive + cargo-wagon designs)

but i will still keep all in one production-tab - so you needed core + fluid-addon

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

FalcoGer wrote:By size I mean capacity. And it's mostly just to prevent UI clutter and to save on my graphics memory. it will most certainly break my game if I load all those train graphics, for no reason to boot.
I guess I could modify it myself, but I'm kinda lazy :P
Are you talking about tank capacity? It is not hard-coded in the prototype but in the accompanying control.lua. It's a matter of changing a few numbers in there to get whatever tank capacity that you want.

Regarding graphic memory, I find it highly dubious and exagerated that you would make such a claim. The sprites are loaded into memory but not "rendered" unless you place the entity requiring that sprite. The rendering of the recipe icon in the crafting menu uses almost no graphic memory whatsoever. Any gfx card in the last 4 years would have at least 2gb of ram, which is more than enough to load all of Yuoki mods and trains addons with plenty of memory left over. So how are you able to make such a claim? Laziness is not an excuse to make hyperbole. :?
Proof
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Return to “Yuoki Industries”