Rocket defense in 8 hours

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Rocket defense in 8 hours

Post by syneris »

I managed to get my rocket defense built and started the landing sequence in just under 8 hours (7:59). The landing takes 10 minutes, so that puts it at about 8:09 for the victory screen. My first speed run attempt took 15 hours, so this was a great improvement. I stopped researching at the end to focus more resources in to circuits, but my pollution was over 25k for a while.

Version: 0.7.5
Random freeplay map using default settings
Difficulty: Oldschool (can't change on freeplay?)
No mods

Zip too large to attach (3 meg limit, 5.5 zip)
Here's a link to the save on my dropbox: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/107 ... ets8hr.zip

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Rocket defense in 8 hours

Post by Nova »

Did you really use the standard settings? No peaceful mode, no bigger ressource fields?

If yes: Wow, that's pretty fast!
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

syneris
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by syneris »

I didn't change any setting. I did make sure I had a good starting location since I was doing a speed run. I was worried about coal until I found that gigantic field to the south.

I probably could have started module production a little earlier to save some time and resources. Productivity modules can really cut back how many alien artifacts you need to gather. I still need to work on my circuit production layout as a single pipe develops bottlenecks even with fast belts.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

A Dual belt mainline is almost as simple as a single belt mainline. (copper/iron on separate belts, instead of being combined.)
Combating further bottlenecks by having a new assembly for each machine that needs a component made can be useful. (though somewhat expensive early on.)
The real art/science comes to getting the resources *evenly* distributed to the branches if you go for a non-linear setup.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Return to “Show your Creations”