[0.12.15] Rail signal got "stuck"

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.15] Rail signal got "stuck"

Post by Bizz Keryear »

In 0.12.15 I placed some new rail signals while a train was "over" it.
Then I had send the trains again on their way.
After a while I realized that something went wrong ... it looked like they where deadlocked, but that was impossible ...

Then I took a closer look at the signals and the problem was that one rail signal got "stuck" on red even though that no train was in the adjacent block.

Removing signal and placing it again in exact same position solved it.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.15] Rail signal got "stuck"

Post by Rseding91 »

Without a save that's broken or a method to reproduce the issue there's not much we can do.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

xad001x0w
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.15] [pending] Rail signal got "stuck"

Post by xad001x0w »

I can second this issue. It was not present in 0.12.10 and I updated straight from 0.12.10 > 0.12.16 and it is now present.

Problem seems to be that signals (I think only chain signals but I haven't tested thoroughly) do not graphically change back from red. eg a big junction with lots of chain signals as the train exits the junction and clears the following block the signals do not go back to green (or blue) they just stay at red. The junction is still very much usable though as the problem seems to be only graphical and the red graphic does not represent the actual state of the signal.

Problem can be temporarily fixed by picking up and replacing the exit signal of a junction but will just reoccur as soon as another train passes over it.

Attached is my save where this is taking place, when I saved the game all the chain signals of the junction I am standing at were red but trains were still passing normally to the mine to the West.
Attachments
Rail_Signal_Test.zip
(11.98 MiB) Downloaded 281 times

roy7
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by roy7 »

I just saw the same thing in a game I'm playing. Screenshot below, save game attached. If you pick up a red chain and place it down, it will be green. As soon as a train drives past it, it remains red forever. It works fine, trains drive through, it's just visually it never shows green again...

Attachments
multiindie.zip
Save game
(19.08 MiB) Downloaded 296 times

HanziQ
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by HanziQ »

Thank you for the report, this will be fixed in the next release.

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

roy7 wrote:I just saw the same thing in a game I'm playing. Screenshot below, save game attached. If you pick up a red chain and place it down, it will be green. As soon as a train drives past it, it remains red forever. It works fine, trains drive through, it's just visually it never shows green again...

Not exactly my issue, though. Since mine not only got the visual, but also the working stuck. No train were drive past that unfortunately I didn't made a screen or saved the save .. I just played on till I thought I better should report it. Didn't found the time to replicated it (or even play factorio) till now. It also seem to depend on rather narrow conditions and I have to replicate it in .15 first before I can move on to latest build and check there if it is still existing there.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”