Twitch Streams

Discussion related to promoting Factorio.
crimsonknight3
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Twitch Streams

Post by crimsonknight3 »

Hey all,
I've just registered and I'm going to buy the 30 euro option later on when I wake up.

Just wanted to let you know that I found Factorio through a Twitch streamer called Soaryn, if possible this is another good avenue for spreading the word.

If I can I'd like to get them to mention Factorio occasionaly during streams :)

FreeER
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Twitch Streams

Post by FreeER »

Soaryn as in minecraft's DireWolf's Soaryn? cool, if he is playing Factorio on his streams maybe I should be watching more :)
<I'm really not active any more so these may not be up to date>
~FreeER=Factorio Modding
- Factorio Wiki
- My Factorio Modding Guide
- Wiki Modding Guide
Feel free to pm me :)
Or drop into #factorio on irc.esper.net

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

@crimsonknight3 Thanks for posting this. Wow, so today I almost fell off the chair after I checked the daily sales. They were by a big margin the highest for the past half a year.
November 5 sales overview
November 5 sales overview
sales-5-november.jpg (24.4 KiB) Viewed 20939 times
P.S. The usual recently is < 100e per day.

Most of those are from the people from the US, so I suppose it is a consequence of recent streams by Soaryn and Meredori. This is exactly the kind of boost (both financial and moral) we have needed for a while.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

If it truely is soaryn, then we are good. He has a huge fan base, and can reach out to alot people who can also spread the word on factorio.vmaybe you devs should consider sending him an email or message. Just a thought. Also i have seen a quick rise in forum members, 13 in less then a day, thats preety awesome
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

Soaryn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Soaryn »

:D Im glad this helped! First off, I want to thank you for such an awesome game concept! I've always been a big fan of automation and optimization! I was hoping that the game had multiplayer to begin playing with friends and viewers of the stream; however, from what I understand it IS planned, so no worries :D. Being a developer myself I understand the stress and worries that can come from developing something and having people wanting releases, updates and etc faster.

I hope that you enjoy your development as much as we enjoy the game! :D

Also, if you'd like to join us on TeamSpeak during one of the streams for a Q&A for the stream or to hang out you are MORE than welcome to :D

Thank you,
~Soaryn

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Dysoch »

Welcome soaryn :) great fan ;)

I am sure the devs would do that, they are very forthcoming about info, and really helpfull. Firsttime in a game where they fix most bug first, and then release new content. (Normally bugs are fixed in the beta)

But anyway, welcome, hope you are to stay ;) the game could use someone like you for publicity!
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

@soaryn Welcome and thanks for promoting Factorio at your stream :)
Soaryn wrote:Being a developer myself I understand the stress and worries that can come from developing something and having people wanting releases, updates and etc faster.
Haha exactly. On the other hand seeing someone enjoying the game is a great reward woth all that stress before the release.
Soaryn wrote:I hope that you enjoy your development as much as we enjoy the game!
We do. Even after all that time, developing (and playing) Factorio is fun. Sometimes it it hard, but that is a part of it.

Anyway I will be happy to join some of you streams (unless it is like at 4 a.m. CET:)).

Soaryn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Soaryn »

Haha yeah my streams are, at the moment, EST based. The streams I know about: Sunday 10th (8pm) ; Monday 11th (4pm) ; Wednesday 13th (2:30pm). We'd be glad to have you :D.

As a heads up though I do play on a server to help in recording Direwolf20 episodes (another youtuber) so some times will be varying ;)

zerotheliger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by zerotheliger »

soaryn and meredori sent me to buy this game it is awesome from watching his streams. keep up the good work! i'm going to be streaming factorio soon as well to show this game off ^^

pantong51
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pantong51 »

I found this game a few days ago and have spend most likely 5 hours in the last two days streaming this. and maybe around 10 hours total playing. In fact, just hit the "oil stage" last night. But i plan to keep streaming this as more and more updates comes out for this game!
Starting Twitch Streamer! Check me out at www.twitch.tv/pantong51

Return to “Spread the Word”