Infinite resources

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

kaptcha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Infinite resources

Post by kaptcha »

It just has to be done.

keyboardhack
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Infinite resources

Post by keyboardhack »

Would be nice if it was an option. In the meantime we have this mod

endless resources
Waste of bytes : P

kaptcha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kaptcha »

keyboardhack wrote:this mod
Thank you, it seems a bit outdated though.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

The endless-resource mod is indeed the source of much fun to me.

I think to this: There are resources on the surfaces - like now.
And when you digged them all, the miner can be exchanged to some, which works like with the endless-resource mod.
Of course this tech needs to be researched first.

It's a good question if the miner should then be able to change himself to this new type of mining or if it needs to be changed actively. In my opinion it should change automatically...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kaptcha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kaptcha »

ssilk wrote: I think to this:
That's also a good idea, but I doubt the devs are willing to make such huge changes - a whole new tech & redesigning buildings etc. and some people are not goint to like the changes.
Whereas adding an Infinite ressources in the dropdown menu would an easy minor change and this setting would be totaly optional for everyone.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

kaptcha wrote:That's also a good idea, but I doubt the devs are willing to make such huge changes
Oh, it's not a huge change: I played it and it needs a bit finetuning. But you still have the problem, that the ores run out faster than you want and you need to find new. But your built mining sites have suddenly a sense after the surface-ore is depleted and you don't need to break down everything. On the other hand you need more and more power and miners etc.

I discussed this this summer with Kovarex, when I was in Prague: The problem is, that with growing size of your base you cannot add new mining sites fast enough and the depletion of the old is too sudden. You need to break down the mining site, where you have put in so many work, what game is this?
In my eyes only improvements to the gameplay for nearly all points, especially total game speed.
- a whole new tech & redesigning buildings etc. and some people are not goint to like the changes.
The good question here is: Why? I mean, why do you mean they don't like it?
Whereas adding an Infinite ressources in the dropdown menu would an easy minor change and this setting would be totaly optional for everyone.
The target is to find a gameplay, that is convinient for most people. It makes no sense to have so many options for the vanilla game that litterally everybody can choose his own kind of game. That is in my eyes a task for the mods and only this way makes in my eyes sense.

kaptcha
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by kaptcha »

I mean, why do you mean they don't like it?
Honestly I don't know, it was just a wild guess. I hope most people are going to enjoy it. We'll see the reactions.
ores run out faster than you want and you need
Yes! That's exactly the problem. With really big factories and big production you get overwhelmed with finding new deposits - and before you claim it another deposit is already empty. This makes no sense at all and something should be done about it. I don't really care what, your underground mining idea is good, the option to have endless ores is good, having a percentual yield like petroleum is good. Literaly everything seems better than the current situation.
find a gameplay, that is convinient for most people
I don't see a problem with bringing some variety in the vanilla game, as long as the devs don't get too distracted with it, but that's becoming a bit offtopic. The point we both agree on is something should be done about the ores. Do you perhaps have some more info what the devs are planing? Do they realize this issue?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Sorry, I don't know the current plans into this direction, but I guess the current plan for 0.13 is to finish the endgame, going into space and so... So my absolutely true forecast is, that it might be introduced next year, or not. ;)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”