Re: [MOD 0.12.x] Evolution Factor Indicator

Post by Kane »

Great mod really love it.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.2

Post by Kane »

Narc Wanted me to do a Spotlight and since I love the hell out of this mod I clearly have done such :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZNR9k79XU

It's really a great mod I hope you guys consider it. There is no reason not having it and if you ever have suggestions or ideas then feel free to post them on github :)

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.2

Post by Narc »

Kane wrote:Narc Wanted me to do a Spotlight and since I love the hell out of this mod I clearly have done such :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZNR9k79XU

It's really a great mod I hope you guys consider it. There is no reason not having it and if you ever have suggestions or ideas then feel free to post them on github :)
Thanks very much, I've brought that into the OP for greater visibility.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.3

Post by Narc »

New release! Version 0.4.3 (direct download) improves on what came before.

This new point release is summarized in this Imgur album, but for those of us who prefer text, a brief run-down:
  • new sensor: kill counter (pictured above) -- counts the number of biters, spawners, and other things you've killed.
  • new capability: remove offline players (from the player locations sensor). Defaults to on.
  • improved behaviour: the simple four-direction "arrows" are replaced with compass octants ("NE", "S", etc).
  • a better look: the untranslatable text buttons ("+", "-", "s", "...") are replaced with icons that are hopefully more immediately understandable.
Get it while it's hot!

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.4

Post by Narc »

Translation update -- the excellent jockeril has updated the Hebrew localization for EvoGUI v0.4.4 (direct download). It should now be covering all the strings in the mod again.

More localizations will be happily accepted -- if you don't want to deal with github, just send me a PM with a pastebin link and the locale's two-character code and I'll make sure it gets into the right place.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

Thank you for keeping up! This mod is awesome and it's always in my mod-pack since i've found it!

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

XyLe wrote:Thank you for keeping up! This mod is awesome and it's always in my mod-pack since i've found it!
Sure thing, glad you're enjoying it! Though, on the subject of keeping up, be aware my spare time is currently away from Factorio, so if something breaks I'll be relying on folks to let me know that I need to look at it.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.5

Post by Narc »

With Factorio 0.12.11 breaking all the things, here's EvoGUI 0.4.5 (direct download) to cover you.

If you haven't updated your Factorio yet, version 0.4.4 (direct download) should behave identically, but work up to (and including) 0.12.10.

navillus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.5

Post by navillus »

Just updated to EvoGUI 0.4.5 on Factorio 0.12.11, started a new game and the UI read

Unknown key:"sensor.evolution_factor.format"
Unknown key:"sensor.play_time.format"

Opening settings also shows a lot of unknown key written over it.

Looking in the zip the locale/en/locale.cfg file seems to exist but not be being read

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

navillus wrote:Just updated to EvoGUI 0.4.5 on Factorio 0.12.11, started a new game and the UI read

Unknown key:"sensor.evolution_factor.format"
Unknown key:"sensor.play_time.format"

Opening settings also shows a lot of unknown key written over it.

Looking in the zip the locale/en/locale.cfg file seems to exist but not be being read
You need to extract the mod for them to work - there is a bug with zipped mods and locales in 0.12.11.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

orzelek wrote:
navillus wrote:[...]Unknown key:"[...]"

You need to extract the mod for them to work - there is a bug with zipped mods and locales in 0.12.11.
Thank you for the info. Just for thoroughness, the bug report thread is https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 30&t=17098 and it's already marked resolved for 0.12.12. Won't be too long until that comes around.

RikkiLook
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RikkiLook »

Translations into Russian.
Attachments
ru.zip
(1.67 KiB) Downloaded 237 times

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

RikkiLook wrote:Translations into Russian.
Nice, thank you! It'll be in v0.4.6, which will be in a few days to allow time for more changes to accumulate.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I just updated all the mods I use to 0.12.13 and I'm getting an error on v0.4.5

value_sensors/pollution_around_player.lua:12 attempt to index local 'surface' (a nil value)
The offending lines (11/12):
local surface = self.player.surface
local pollution = surface.get_pollution(self.player.position)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

PiggyWhiskey wrote:I just updated all the mods I use to 0.12.13 and I'm getting an error on v0.4.5

value_sensors/pollution_around_player.lua:12 attempt to index local 'surface' (a nil value)
The offending lines (11/12):
local surface = self.player.surface
local pollution = surface.get_pollution(self.player.position)
Bug in 0.12.13 affecting all mods that store an entity reference in a certain way: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=17275
If you can play with 0.12.12 i'd suggest downgrading

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

I dunno how often you check github, so I thought I'd give you a heads up here. I wrote a PR for EvoGUI to allow other mods to remotely create & manage sensors.

https://github.com/narc0tiq/evoGUI/pull/39

Hopefully it makes sense.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

Afforess wrote:I dunno how often you check github, so I thought I'd give you a heads up here.
I maintain subscriptions on all of my interesting projects, EvoGUI among them, so I received an email when you made the pull request. Nonetheless, the extra notification is appreciated, thank you.

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.11+] EvoGUI (Evolution Factor Indicator) v0.4.8

Post by Narc »

Here's EvoGUI v0.4.8 (direct download). This version comes mostly thanks to the excellent Afforess, who has single-handedly created a remote interface for adding and updating EvoGUI sensors from other mods. There are no other major changes, but one may expect some mods to have optional dependencies on EvoGUI >= 0.4.8 soon.

The remote interface looks like this:

Code: Select all

-- Create the sensor:
remote.call("EvoGUI", "create_remote_sensor", { 
    mod_name = "my_mod",
    name = "my_sensor_name",
    text = {"localized_text", "with parameters"},
    caption = {"localized_sensor_display_name"},
})
-- caption is displayed on the settings screen as the sensor name

-- Update the sensor:
remote.call("EvoGUI", "update_remote_sensor", "my_sensor_name",
    {"localized_text", "with parameters"})
You can, of course, just use plain strings in place of the localized text tables, but you're probably already doing localization in your mod anyway (at least, you should be!).

theRustyKnife
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by theRustyKnife »

Hey I made a translation to Czech for your mod (because it deserves it ;))!
I've faced a couple problems though... They're just esthetical but still somewhat confusing :?.
One: In the mod, there are commas seperating big numbers (1,000,000), in Czech however, we would just put a space there (1 000 000). That wouldn't be that bad if commas weren't used for decimals (en: 0.01; cz: 0,01). (Czech is weird...)
Two: Czech uses different forms of nouns for the counts: 1; 2-4; 5+(and 0). Therefore I had to make them the same for 2+ which doesn't sound right.
Also I wasn't quite sure how to translate some of the error messages since I don't know how often players would see them (I've never seen any :)) and if they do, they'll probably head to the forums anyway.
Thanks for your awesome mod!

PS: if you don't feel like bothering with these, it's ok, but I'm sure all the czech players would appreciate a fix...
Attachments
cs.zip
(1.61 KiB) Downloaded 233 times

Narc
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Narc »

theRustyKnife wrote:Hey I made a translation to Czech for your mod (because it deserves it ;))!
Nice, I love new locales! Thank you!
theRustyKnife wrote:One: In the mod, there are commas seperating big numbers (1,000,000), in Czech however, we would just put a space there (1 000 000). That wouldn't be that bad if commas weren't used for decimals (en: 0.01; cz: 0,01). (Czech is weird...)
Right. Factorio doesn't have number formatting locale helpers, so I'm having to do the number formatting myself -- and with no way to query for the user's locale (nondeterministic!), I can only target one locale (or make it a setting, I guess). For comparison, my own birth language, Romanian, uses periods for the thousands separators and commas for decimals (so "1.234,56").

I'll make a note about creating a setting for thousands and decimal separators.
theRustyKnife wrote:Two: Czech uses different forms of nouns for the counts: 1; 2-4; 5+(and 0). Therefore I had to make them the same for 2+ which doesn't sound right.
Ah, interesting. I'll make a note of that, and take care of it. I'll PM you a working copy with the 2-4s broken out when it's available.
theRustyKnife wrote:Also I wasn't quite sure how to translate some of the error messages since I don't know how often players would see them (I've never seen any :)) and if they do, they'll probably head to the forums anyway.
Jocker-il had a good implementation for that in the Hebrew translation: he left the English text in, but added translated text alongside -- so you'd get both a localized error message and an English one. Rikkilook (with the Russian locale) translated some of the error messages, but not all.

I think either way is fine, honestly.

Thanks again, your locale will be in the next version of EvoGUI (unless I somehow forget)!

Return to “Mods”