Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.6.20 (f0.16.0+)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Yuoki Industries - Railways Core 0.6.20 (f0.16.0+)

Post by YuokiTani »

YI-Railways is now a Standalone Mod
(versions before 0.0.5 needs Yuoki-Industries)

this addon give the following - locomotives and wagons different colors and models
- 5 new ground floor tiles
- 2 short-steam-locomotives
- 3 long-steam-locomotive
- 2 locomotive-tender
- 8 short-diesel-locomotive
- 3 long-diesel-locomotive
- 13 short-cargo-wagons (inventory from 2 to 20)
- 3 long-cargo-wagons (inventory 5, 30, 40)
- 2 short-tank-wagons (2000 L)
- 2 long-tank-wagons (4000 L)
- fluid-terminals to handle tank-wagons
- 4 new factorys to produce Tiles, Railway-Parts, Locomotives, Cargo-Wagons and YI-Railway-Tickets

more Locomotives and Cargo-wagons aviable with Addons ! -> see here !

Code from Fatmice to make handle fluids with terminals and tank-wagons possible

17.12.2017 - 75 MB YI-Railways 0.6.20 - 0.16 ready

Download -> 0.14.0+ YI-Railways 0.4.16 - 51 MB - 17.Feb.2017
Download -> 0.13.10+ YI-Railway 0.3.10 - 131.0 MB - 23.Jul.2016 - 21:00 CET
Download -> 0.12.22+ YI-Railway 0.0.7 - 130.0 MB - 31.Mrz.2016 - 17:25 CET
Older Versions
Screenshots

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Railways 0.0.1 (f0.12)

Post by MantisShrimp »

Fatmice's Fluids... LOL... I'm sorry, I giggled like a perv when I saw that.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

His words, not mine. :lol:
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

So we have to wait for fix in Factorio 0.12.6 to use fluid-terminals?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:So we have to wait for fix in Factorio 0.12.6 to use fluid-terminals?
no, fluid-terminals with code from Fatmice work - the tank-wagon shows no fluids in, but if you watch the terminals (fluid-numbers change) you can see fluids move in and out.
green terminal is for filling tank-wagon, red for empty. train must be stopped by a train-station and cant driven manual for filling/emptying tank-wagons.

you should try this with water first to get a feeling how it works.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I tested it with water and it's working. Damn, it's working insane good. Filling and emptying tank-wagons is so fast, like tanking F1 car in pit stop.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I was looking at the code (curious how the rail tankers work :D ) and found this:

Code: Select all

local handlers = game.surfaces[carriage.surface.name].find_entities_filtered{area = {{carriage_x_position - x_offset, carriage_y_position - y_offset}, {carriage_x_position + x_offset, carriage_y_position + y_offset}}, type = "storage-tank"}
Is there a reason behind calling find_entities_filtered in this way instead of direct carriage.surface.find_entities_filtered ?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Both methods yield the same outcome at the moment. I was merely seeing if the first method works and since it did I left it as is.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I noticed something strange.
I have setup [Long-Tank-Wagon] <- [Filling Terminal] <- [Tank] <- [Liquid source]
Terminal have internal buffer 2500 and Tank also have 2500 capacity. When Train arrive, liquid from Terminal buffer is moved to the wagon and then starting filling from Tank. In that way Wagon with 4000 capacity is filed only by 2500.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

- Short-Tank-Wagon has 2000 capacity
- i would try using 2 terminals to move 4K liquids ;) - (2 terminals work only with 0.0.2)

666JTK666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 666JTK666 »

are the coal tender cars suposed to feed the locomotive coal ? I haven't seen them really do anything and my trains do run out of coal while the tender coal levels don't change.
Thank you so much for this mod. I have vary little programming skill and I am slowly learning how to tweak this mod to suit my Idea of how trains should work.
right now I have changed the cost of your railway to be 200 red science packs and I have added track to this mod as well.
I really want to break the track and signals off from locomotives and add 2 tiers for both the track and locomotives. I also need to figure out how to remove vanella railway and add the standard locomotives and cars under your mod as tier 2.

I am using your mod with RSO . red pack trains are badly needed with RSO.
tech tree like this.
research Yuoki Railway.(red Sci packs)
enables research of Yuoki Railway 2.
enables research of Locomotives.
allows strait and curved track.

research Yuoki Railway 2. (Red & Green Sci packs)
enables research of railway signals.

Research of Yuoki Locomotives (Red Sci packs)
enables research of Yuoki Locomotives 2
allows 1 type of locomotive and it's cars.
Note this T1 train should be about as fast as red belts or mebby a little bit faster than a red belt. It should also should use a lot of coal .

Research of Yuoki Locomotives 2 (Red & Green Sci packs)
allows all the rest of your locomotives and the vanilla stock locomotive plus all the various cars.

That is my goal for my tweaking your mod, however I really don't have any good Idea of what I am doing.
If you would be willing to make these changes to your mod I would be willing to shoot you some cash for your trouble.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

The coal tender is for visual only. It is just a wagon although it is simple to make it feed coal or fuel to the trains if Yuoki wants that functionality ;)

As for techs, Yuoki doesn't do tech.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

Why does this mod depend on the core ? I want this for the trains, but i don't want to add the core mod. (i am in fairly mid-end game meaning a huge change is too much)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MrDrummer wrote:Why does this mod depend on the core ? I want this for the trains, but i don't want to add the core mod. (i am in fairly mid-end game meaning a huge change is too much)
:o - :shock: - :roll:

new version 0.0.3
- adds 3 more cargo-wagons (long) with 5, 30, 40 inventory-size and unique-look
- adds 1 Deep Blue White Highlighted Steam-Locomotive
- adds 1 Blue-Grey-Yellow Broad Diesel-Locomotive

but before you have read this, you had watched the screen - so its relative useless to write down what you can see ...

Zuzak
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zuzak »

YuokiTani wrote: :o - :shock: - :roll:
Hey now as much as we like your main mod, some of us with our older computers just can't handle all the pretty new graphics you made.
Mine specifically can't load your core mod versions made this year. Too much awesomeness contained within, and my computer goes nope; Too shiny to load this!, and crashes on Factorio load.

All hope is not lost though. I was able to make my own mini mod containing just a short steam engine and tender for personal use. Next month or so, I will have a new computer, Shiny enough to run KSP and Factorio from ramdisk with all the mods at highest settings and resolutions.

One engine type you don't have yet is geared logging locomotive
https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=shay%20locomotive
A two truck shay would be awesome.
too bad animation of moving entities would need so many more frames to fully appreciate the awesomeness of steam engines- all the moving parts.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Zuzak wrote:
Hey now as much as we like your main mod, some of us with our older computers just can't handle all the pretty new graphics you made.
Mine specifically can't load your core mod versions made this year. Too much awesomeness contained within, and my computer goes nope; Too shiny to load this!, and crashes on Factorio load.

One engine type you don't have yet is geared logging locomotive
https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=shay%20locomotive
A two truck shay would be awesome.
too bad animation of moving entities would need so many more frames to fully appreciate the awesomeness of steam engines- all the moving parts.

Thank you for all the effort you put into this.
Oh, i'am not encounter this problem, but should factorio not switch in low-res mode ?
i totally overseen this nice locomotive (thanks for the link - comes on todo-list). and this fully animated in factorio could be a true highlight worth a new pc ;) - maybe next factorio-version allow animations for this.
There is another locomotive that looks in both directions the same, but i forgot the correct name or was it this locomotive.

i'am not sure where the memory-cap for mods in factorio is - but i will find it ;)
the addon still misses steampunk and scifi-locomotives ... and maybe some 2 loco-combinations - sticking together like the steam-loco + coal-tender.
also to make this a real Railway-Addon it needs a RailYard and a truly decorative Train-Station not a single post in the landscape ;)

thinking about write here ... strikes me - i forgot a raw-wood-cargo-wagon ^^

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrDrummer »

YuokiTani wrote:
MrDrummer wrote:Why does this mod depend on the core ? I want this for the trains, but i don't want to add the core mod. (i am in fairly mid-end game meaning a huge change is too much)

Am i to assume that this means no? Is it not possible for it to load core-dependant items/recipes when it is detected? I seriously just want the awesome looking trains, without the main mod (like i said, i am mid game and don't want to change it too drastically)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

MrDrummer wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:

Am i to assume that this means no? Is it not possible for it to load core-dependant items/recipes when it is detected? I seriously just want the awesome looking trains, without the main mod (like i said, i am mid game and don't want to change it too drastically)
All of the recipes uses items crafted from the core mod, that's why it's dependent. To change that you'd have to go in and change all of the recipes. It's not all that hard, as far as the changing the recipe part goes, just open the recipes.lua file in notepad and replace all the base-mod requirements with iron plates or something, or just remove them entirely. As for removing the dependency, I don't know how to do that.

Also, it looks like those files are auto-generated, so it look a bit confusing. I remember YuokiTani saying something about using some sort of mod-editor in one of his vids. That'll probably make editing those files easier.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:Also, it looks like those files are auto-generated, so it look a bit confusing. I remember YuokiTani saying something about using some sort of mod-editor in one of his vids. That'll probably make editing those files easier.
yes, it's true, except the entity-files all important others are auto-generated (Yi-Railways and parts of YI + YI-Engines). manual changes can break the addon (or export overwrite manual changes). but i haven't program a importer yet, so you would need to import the sql-dump. after this you can change recipes with mouse-clicking ^^ - before you ask - i haven't uploaded a current version of the mod-editor and sql-dump.

MrDrummer
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Railways 0.0.3 (f0.12)

Post by MrDrummer »

Ty, i shall be sure to try it tomorrow! :D

Return to “Yuoki Industries”