Starting Settings Warning

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Silden
Inserter
Inserter

Starting Settings Warning

Post by Silden »

May I suggest that if a player selects:
- Water: Starting Area Only
- Starting Area: None

that some kind of warning is given that they will not have any Water in the generated world, which would rule out large numbers of game components requiring water (such as electricity)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Starting Settings Warning

Post by daniel34 »

Water is not the most important concern when creating such a world (in 1:10 to 1:20 spawns you will actually get water), the biters will make mincemeat out of you in seconds:

Settings: all default, except for water and starting area, in vanilla 0.12.8.
I think when you're next to a water tile it counts as starting area and actually creates a small water field on the map.

Right now I'm wondering why there's such a big amount of biter bases on the map with these settings (possible Bug?). I've managed to create a world with water in it with these settings 5 times, but every time nearby biters always started to attack immediately.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

I see some people playing passive mode or even building with biters lol. But yeah you would learn pretty quick and understand the lack of water could hurt a lot.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Take a look at this: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 80&t=16592 Game Setup, Game Configuration, Init Screen

I mentions the idea, that we have mods to have types of gameplay and the mod guarantees, that the player becomes the gameplay he wants and that there is no "dangerous" setting at all.
In this case: The player is not able to set up such configuration. Only in the advanced settings.

I added this thread to the list... :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”