[0.12.8]Unpowered Decider Combinators Have Output Signal?

Bugs that are actually features.
Rythe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.8]Unpowered Decider Combinators Have Output Signal?

Post by Rythe »

Decider Combinators continue to produce an output signal even if they lose power. I believe the output signal won't change without power even if the inputs do change to where it should, but it seems like a bug that it's still producing one at all?

Also, they continue to show a sliver of residual power, like the internal capacitors hit a point below the consumption threshold and hold. 0.25 min power needed to perform anything, 0.2 remaining in device so nothing happens sort of deal.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.8]Unpowered Decider Combinators Have Output Signal?

Post by Rseding91 »

That is by design. It was decided that having the combinators shut off completely when low on power would cause far more havoc than the current system: slow down when low (out) of power.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Rythe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.8]Unpowered Decider Combinators Have Output Signal?

Post by Rythe »

So state freeze rather than wipe the logic clean and starting over when power comes back.

Hmm, yeah, that would cause a lot less havoc. Not exactly realistic, but eh...

I think I'm going to disagree with this decision, but it's not my game and I doubt I'll be putting in enough effort with the combinators where said havoc would ever hit me. It is rather inconvenient for me when I'm trying to capture power loss as a state though. Haven't figured out a consistent way to do that yet, at least with the tools currently available.

Return to “Not a bug”