Bob mods for 0.12 General Topic.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Poll ended at Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods.
6%
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots)
45%
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod)
48%

Total votes: 31

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Bob mods for 0.12

Post by bobingabout »

Big update.

Library 0.12.0:
* Initial release.

Logistics 0.12.6:
* Functions update, Now requires library mod.
* Updated config structure
* Added missing technology prerequisites.
* Added Flying Robot Frame intermediates
* Cargo wagon size increased to reflect base game changes.
* Advanced Logistic and Construction Robotics research now unlocks the flying robot frame instead of roboport
* Molular Roboports research now unlock the roboport.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

bobingabout wrote:Big update.

Library 0.12.0:
* Initial release.

Logistics 0.12.6:
* Functions update, Now requires library mod.
* Updated config structure
* Added missing technology prerequisites.
* Added Flying Robot Frame intermediates
* Cargo wagon size increased to reflect base game changes.
* Advanced Logistic and Construction Robotics research now unlocks the flying robot frame instead of roboport
* Molular Roboports research now unlock the roboport.
This is great. Does this mean you're going to do the boring work of fixing the tech prereqs in your other modules as well?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Timeslice wrote:This is great. Does this mean you're going to do the boring work of fixing the tech prereqs in your other modules as well?
Some, here and there where I find them. I've actually spent most of my free time over the last 3 days going through all the technology and recipe files for the function updates, when you're going through them all side by side like this it's fairly easy to see holes.

The problem is I may be in some cases filling too many holes. for example, there may be the case where an item uses electronics, so I include the advanced electronics technology, but a different required tech already has that prerequisite or higher.

This becomes particularly difficult with the modular unlock and dynamic recipe system. In an update block, on one tier I may have Aluminium, Brass, Steel as the prefered order for metal plates to use. so within those update blocks I may include Aluminium processing, or Zinc processing as the requirement (not steel as if I'm deciding on aluminium, steel is almost certinately required by the previous tier). Then on the next tier I may also be using Brass, and therefore Zinc Processing on one of the fall off requirements(Maybe this time for gears instead of plates). so depending on mod configurations, you may get a Tier 3 requiring the Zinc Processing tech, where Tier 2 already needed it, or similar such scenarios.

I suppose I could add i additional checks, but that would also require additional functions. (EG, check to see if the T2 tech requires Zinc Processing before trying to add it to T3)

On the mention of functions... I've already made changes since I released the library mod, so there will be a 0.12.1 version required for the Ores mod.(Specifically the add item to resource function. I changed it to be similar to other functions requiring a thing, and an item, such as the add item to recipe function.) I've also moved the graphics for dynamically generated ores into the library mod, so the Ores mod uses the Library mod to create pretty much everything. Ores mod basically just contains the variables required to make each ore, the ore icons, and the Gems unique graphics.
I also have a Patreon.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

It sounds like you'd need to do a proper graph with node balancing/pruning/etc., which probably isn't worth the effort unless you routinely do that sort of thing. To that end I much prefer to see, for example, zinc required two tiers in a row over not seeing it required at all. At some point Factorio is going to have a proper tech tree, and hopefully they'll do that in a way that lets you specify tech much in the way that we do now and it will automatically generate the tree, so that it works well with mods.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Timeslice wrote:It sounds like you'd need to do a proper graph with node balancing/pruning/etc., which probably isn't worth the effort unless you routinely do that sort of thing. To that end I much prefer to see, for example, zinc required two tiers in a row over not seeing it required at all. At some point Factorio is going to have a proper tech tree, and hopefully they'll do that in a way that lets you specify tech much in the way that we do now and it will automatically generate the tree, so that it works well with mods.
And at that point it will be easy to see if a a prerequisite is needed twice in a row, so can easilly be removed.
I also have a Patreon.

jetenergy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jetenergy »

hey thanks bob for your great mods but i have 1 issue with 0.12 im not sure if i did something wrong or if your mod is not compatible with my current version (0.12.8) so please if anyone could let me know if i did something wrong thank you

my issues
i heard you could set even more things in the generation settings but i dont see them like lead and gem settings
i do not see lead in the world

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

jetenergy wrote: my issues
i heard you could set even more things in the generation settings but i dont see them like lead and gem settings
Lead is in Galena

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jetenergy wrote:hey thanks bob for your great mods but i have 1 issue with 0.12 im not sure if i did something wrong or if your mod is not compatible with my current version (0.12.8) so please if anyone could let me know if i did something wrong thank you

my issues
Galena is lead, as pointed out.

Also, the current version off the ores mod has everything turned off by default. You either need a compatable mod, such as MCI (bobplates) to turn the ores on, or turn them on manually in the config file.

It's part of the new system where the ores mod is supposed to be available for other mods too make use of it. So far the only 2 mods that configure the new version of ores mod are bobplates (MCI) and 5Dims mod.
I also have a Patreon.

jetenergy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by jetenergy »

bobingabout wrote: Galena is lead, as pointed out.
i never knew lead was galena so thanks for that but why is it galena why isnt it just lead ore or something?

EDIT: never mind i just quickly wikipedia'd galena and i see that its the natural mineral form of lead

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

jetenergy wrote:
bobingabout wrote: Galena is lead, as pointed out.
i never knew lead was galena so thanks for that but why is it galena why isnt it just lead ore or something?

EDIT: never mind i just quickly wikipedia'd galena and i see that its the natural mineral form of lead
Bauxite is Aluminium and Rutile is Titanium too.

I'm thinking in the locale entry I should have... "Galena (Lead ore)" and "Bauxite (Aluminium ore)" etc, just to avoid confusion.
I also have a Patreon.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

I wish Factorio had an equivalent mod for minecraft's NEI so that people don't need to keep asking those same questions over and over. Although there are a couple of websites that provide close to the same thing, not many people seem to know about them.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Poll results:
Config mod: 25 votes.
Configs in each mod: 4 votes.

Config mod wins.

New Logistics mod changes the research structure of the Logistic and Construction robots to include the Flying Robot Frame as a new intermediate. The new poll is related to this as a starting point.

I basically have 2 options. Put all the needed parts in both the mods that would use them (Logistics for the Logistic and Constrution robots. Warfare for the Combat robots.), or put them in a central place that both use.
In the case of the latter, there are 2 options again. Put them in a new mod designed around overhauling the robots structure (Okay, the overhaul would mostly be the combat robots) which allows for expansion for higher tiers, or put them in an existing mod, like MCI.

The poll is up for 7 days.
I also have a Patreon.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

bobingabout wrote:Poll results:
Config mod: 25 votes.
Configs in each mod: 4 votes.

Config mod wins.

New Logistics mod changes the research structure of the Logistic and Construction robots to include the Flying Robot Frame as a new intermediate. The new poll is related to this as a starting point.

I basically have 2 options. Put all the needed parts in both the mods that would use them (Logistics for the Logistic and Constrution robots. Warfare for the Combat robots.), or put them in a central place that both use.
In the case of the latter, there are 2 options again. Put them in a new mod designed around overhauling the robots structure (Okay, the overhaul would mostly be the combat robots) which allows for expansion for higher tiers, or put them in an existing mod, like MCI.

The poll is up for 7 days.
If you put them in MCI, what about people who don't install logistics/warfare? Will they just have extra items they can craft that they can't do anything with?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Vin wrote:
bobingabout wrote:New Logistics mod changes the research structure of the Logistic and Construction robots to include the Flying Robot Frame as a new intermediate. The new poll is related to this as a starting point.

If you put them in MCI, what about people who don't install logistics/warfare? Will they just have extra items they can craft that they can't do anything with?
Undecided yet... there is also going to be an overhaul for combat robots, so that they are constructed with flying robot frames, but this was going to go in the warfare mod.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

That was a lot of work. For the past whole week plus, I've been systematically updating all my mods.

Biggest things to note:
* All mods now use the Library mod (Well, with a couple of exceptions that have no functions or overides in them)
* All mod configs were moved to the config mod.
* Most of the prerequisite holes were filled, I may have missed some.
* Added a fair chunk of intermediates to the productivity limitations filter, it should now be viable to play with the filter turned on.

Changes:

Assembly 0.12.4:
Functions update, Now requires library mod.
Added missing technology prerequisites.

Config 0.12.0:
Initial release.

Electronics 0.12.4:
Added productivity module intermediate filters

Enemies 0.12.5:
Config mod update.

Library 0.12.1:
Included ore graphics for use with the ore-functions library.
Changed structure of bobmods.lib.add_item_to_resource. Now requires (resource, item_table) instead of {resource = resource, item = item_table}
add_new_recipe_item and add_recipe_item now run the item function and can therefore take incomplete item tables as their second variable.
Added get_basic_item_type to return only "fluid" or "item" for use with recipe ingredient/result tables.

Logistics 0.12.7:
set roboport parts MK1 recipes enabled = false so they need to be unlocked via research.
Removed a couple of redundant technology prerequisites.
Config mod update.

Mining 0.12.2:
Added missing technology prerequisites.
Config mod update.

modules 0.12.5:
Added default_request_amount = 10 to all modules
Config mod update.

Ores 0.12.6:
Function based ore graphics removed. Now in library mod.
Changed ore names that use realworld names to include what elemental ore it is in brackets.
Config mod update.

plates 0.12.8:
Changed ore names that use realworld names to include what elemental ore it is in brackets.
Config mod update.

Power 0.12.5:
Tweaked all solar panel recipes.

Tech 0.12.3:

Warfare 0.12.6:
Added a few missing technology prerequisites.
Config mod update.
I also have a Patreon.

NikolaSama
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by NikolaSama »

Well now. First post and it's a bug report. I think you mixed up the recipes some. Right now, after downloading all of the packs from the first post, the cobalt tool is made with steel plates. A bit too cheap, me thinks. Haven't noticed anything else yet, but I'm digging the mod a lot!

EDIT: Also! I don't think that it's as intended, if all jewels have a 100% chance of being received from the gem deposits? I recall it was along the linges of 1, 0.8, 0.6, etc., while now it's 1, 1, 1, 1, etc.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Robotic overhaul is very good and right idea, and bob what do your think about titanium armor for tanks and combat robots or any another strong type of material for armor? :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

NikolaSama wrote:Well now. First post and it's a bug report. I think you mixed up the recipes some. Right now, after downloading all of the packs from the first post, the cobalt tool is made with steel plates. A bit too cheap, me thinks. Haven't noticed anything else yet, but I'm digging the mod a lot!

EDIT: Also! I don't think that it's as intended, if all jewels have a 100% chance of being received from the gem deposits? I recall it was along the linges of 1, 0.8, 0.6, etc., while now it's 1, 1, 1, 1, etc.
Cobalt axe fixed for next release
The gems though seem to work right for me. I mined over 100 cycles, and got 100 rubies, a few less saphires etc etc as expected.
aklesey1 wrote:Robotic overhaul is very good and right idea, and bob what do your think about titanium armor for tanks and combat robots or any another strong type of material for armor? :D
Eventually, when I get back into making more content, I do plan to add more combat robots and higher tier tanks. Titanium will be one of the materials I use, it's already used for robot frame MK3 for example, and armored trains in the logistics mod.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Poll results:
Robotic Intermediates would be useful for Logistics and Warfare. Should I:

Mirror the research and intermediates in both mods: 2
Create a new Robotic Overhaul and expansion mod. (Similar in style to the Electronics mod, which Logistics and Warfare use for their robots): 14
Place the new intermediates in a common mod (The Intermediates part of Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod): 15

Well, that's overwhealming to put them in a common mod, but an almost even split between MCI, or new mod. I will leave it for now and decide myself which to do when it comes to doing them.

Some updates too.

Changes:
Mining 0.12.3:
Cobalt axe recipe fix.

Modules 0.12.7:
Fixed a couple of God Module recipe errors.

warfare 0.12.7:
Fix bob-power-armor-mk3 to use speed module 3 instead of 4. (Would crash if no modules mod was installed)
I also have a Patreon.

SvenDee
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SvenDee »

Hi,

got a problem with the translation into German: the translation itself is correct, but factorio cant read Ü,Ä,Ö so finaly solder is translated with "Lötmittel" thats right so far, but Factorio just read and write "L"
in the Translationfile all names had to be like "oe", "ae" "ue".

thats what i found. dont know if its mod related or related to an factorio update.

Return to “Bob's mods”