[0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

The raillayer; must have, if you want to play with railway.

Moderator: Choumiko

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12] Bugs, crashes & other issues

Post by Choumiko »

cpy wrote:Anyone else have problem reading blueprints in multiplayer? Or getting no errors while reading them?
Factorio 0.12.4 i guess?
Until i update (in a few hours), try placing the blueprints in your main inventory instead of the toolbar. Move all other blueprints out of your main inventory.
0.12.4 changed the order of inventories and i did use the actuall number instead of the recommended key :roll:

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Will try that thanks!
Not working. :)

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

cpy wrote:Will try that thanks!
Not working. :)
I was having the same problem but did manage to get it to work. I had to drop everything from my invent including from my robot garbage slots.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Latest FARL (0.3.34) should make it work in the hotbar again.

reddutton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reddutton »

in farl 4.0 with 12.4 factorio i am unable to run a train with the blueprint (string below) and not sure if i am doing any thing wrong of if it is a error as i belie i copied the design from the example save just added the chest further out and have only 3 lines with

waht happens is it will start place track and then turn off saying deactivated : cant place track
H4sIAAAAAAAA/52W8WqDMBDGX0X6tylT60RKnqVk8WYD7lJiyjYk7z6zyqjUOvn+Clzyyx3f3RfS2KSzWnXJSQ7E3nhDvRwGVh8kd5/WNsRCn6n3u/Ri+3Hb
shy+pMjKfZl+S1Hk+zKEdAJ675Rpz16MS/dAxPNVSBvjSP+G821ggYIZCNYgV4EcqgwsDMaBGFglKArYA7Dl6IihM71qonhc9KZl9UDdzDou9+TrH/lmWkHd
GHZGi4vtaKnaPMwz6bMyvJrvZZ5v43BGNAOfCYTLMK7GsArDQFFQTSAMo7ASMT0w8bFOg3MFjvGaa7a5NX/2OPz3rFSwy2vQ5QiXYVyNYRWGgaKgmkAYRmEl
Ynpg4mOdBucKHOM11zz/rE8+LQ7xqx5Soy3HP77hhmI7l7KOt96282n7Xbm7aLEYPcyiIRwd+avj5HQkbn4ApnJU5GkMAAA=

side note would be nice to place dual chains on the center line while running to but understand if not going to add that function
thy may be stupid but thy am smart (reddutton 2006 seconlife)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

reddutton wrote:in farl 4.0 with 12.4 factorio i am unable to run a train with the blueprint (string below) and not sure if i am doing any thing wrong of if it is a error as i belie i copied the design from the example save just added the chest further out and have only 3 lines with

waht happens is it will start place track and then turn off saying deactivated : cant place track
That blueprint is wrong, per line you only can have 1 piece of track. I created one for you, note that the chest are closer together in one direction, this prevents FARL from removing it's own line when running in maintenance mode.
H4sIAAAAAAAA/5XR3aqDMAwH8FcRr1vZpjIO0meRnjZooCeVtmMbxXc/1sE+RDZ3VWh+yZ+02mbGKmmyVkSggAHBixhJ/oHIz9ZqIK568CFng/VT2ZKIF1FW
Rc2ugu+KehzZR87Lw+zLZ+6Dk9j1gU+HWfhjwg+aBPfYkVzC+j6XaXSg5kK1JWO/EqF6ibQadHif84sdBzNdO1R8sAZeu6uN6xy/eqWf29SRobKUfg1JQ1ps
rXNyjYNwcpS1DZD+B9UoEWv5AQAA
Diagonal:
H4sIAAAAAAAA/5WRUWrDMAyGrxLyHJe5IZQRfJbg2SIReFKwPdZicvfZWQhraUv3JJD/j0+WLFeOjXbVoBJQxIgQVEqkP0HV38wWSJgJQqybmUN+ZlLprIR8
O3TNRYn3Q7cszZYP0WscpyhycTdAW9Lt0lj0YNbuaedKXAQcSd9Sx19LLn/J7hWjzKB84jOTRrprlatUPnJ+4CjA5bZHI2Z2cE2Xjx5f2kmxdP/cSLvO1l7P
Jnfu8cW2g5Wy5OnQMJVDI1kou7o3bM71HuKXp2rogewPS4hMMywCAAA=
reddutton wrote:side note would be nice to place dual chains on the center line while running to but understand if not going to add that function
I see why you would want that. If i can come up with a decent way for configuring it i might add it in.

reddutton
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by reddutton »

Choumiko wrote: That blueprint is wrong, per line you only can have 1 piece of track.
thanks for the reply didnt know you could only have one track segment i guess i didnt pay that much attention to the demo save ....
thy may be stupid but thy am smart (reddutton 2006 seconlife)

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

kind of important, so excuse the big red text:

Read this when using maintenance mode: Corrupted save

As far as i understand: As long as you are sure there's no train on the tracks that FARL is going to destroy/replace you should be fine.

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Electric pole error in version 0.4.1:

The curve msg. was before and not related. when I passed this curve and wanted to have farl adding poles to the line - I pressed the "place poles" check box and walla ! - this error came

I was able to re-produce it again - I setup the poles between the rail lines going up until the circle and, standing on the circles exit (even with FARL not started) I check the box and the error comes.

log shows no error and the game jumps to main menu
Attachments
FARL-place-poles-error.JPG
FARL-place-poles-error.JPG (163.44 KiB) Viewed 6500 times
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

jockeril wrote:Electric pole error in version 0.4.1:
Should be fixed: Try using https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Choum ... r/FARL.lua until i make a new release.
The whole pole placement code needs a rewrite, i'm not really fixing the causes for errors, just make it not crash factorio :oops: :roll:

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Minor issue with cruise mode: when you reach the end of the line, it keeps running.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

i seem to be having an issue with 5dims mods and farl not place nice together with the farl engine graphics. the selection box and collision boxes seem to be fine and the farl still works without any issues. i have most of 5dims latest mods installed along with bobs mods and dytech. bobs/dytech trains dont seem to have the issue. using factorio v 12.8. farl v 4.1 and latest versions of all other mods.
Attachments
trains3.jpg
trains3.jpg (49.48 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
trains2.jpg
trains2.jpg (51.83 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
all engines
all engines
trains.jpg (209.72 KiB) Viewed 6714 times
farl graphic issue
farl graphic issue
farl broke.jpg (170.79 KiB) Viewed 6714 times

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

kingarthur wrote:i seem to be having an issue with 5dims mods and farl not place nice together with the farl engine graphics. the selection box and collision boxes seem to be fine and the farl still works without any issues. i have most of 5dims latest mods installed along with bobs mods and dytech. bobs/dytech trains dont seem to have the issue. using factorio v 12.8. farl v 4.1 and latest versions of all other mods.
Can you reproduce it with a train that only consists of FARL(s) and vanilla cargo-wagons?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

with 5dims installed there isnt a vanilla cargo wagon and it just starts broken even without wagons attached or anything else on the rails. if 5dims isnt enabled in works fine with any combo of vanilla or mod wagons

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Choumiko wrote:
kingarthur wrote:i seem to be having an issue with 5dims mods and farl not place nice together with the farl engine graphics. the selection box and collision boxes seem to be fine and the farl still works without any issues. i have most of 5dims latest mods installed along with bobs mods and dytech. bobs/dytech trains dont seem to have the issue. using factorio v 12.8. farl v 4.1 and latest versions of all other mods.
Can you reproduce it with a train that only consists of FARL(s) and vanilla cargo-wagons?
I can confirm this problem too. A train does not need to be placed to have this occur, you can see it happen with FARL in the players hand when trying to place it on the track.
Deleting crop-cache changed nothing. (It looks like it's using the wrong position in the sprite sheet.) Disabling 5dim's mod fixed the issue.

Train related mods:
5dim_trains_1.0.0 (Enabling this creates the issue)
FARL_0.4.1
TheFatController_0.2.4
yi_railway_0.0.2

EDIT: Using Factorio 0.12.8
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

MasterBuilder wrote:Deleting crop-cache changed nothing. (It looks like it's using the wrong position in the sprite sheet.) Disabling 5dim's mod fixed the issue.
If disabling 5dims fixes it , I'd suggest reporting it over there too. I'll have a look at it tomorrow.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Fixed in 0.4.2
If you don't want to update Factorio to 0.12.8 (shotgun bug or sth. else) you can use: https://github.com/Choumiko/FARL/archiv ... 905d53.zip (rename file/folder to FARL_0.4.1)

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

While 5dim is an optional dependency, I can't get farl to lay powered rails - it will just say that there aren't any rails.
Farl 0.4.1 on Factorio 0.12.8

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Latest version of 5dim trains? My last test with powered rails was months ago, I have to admit

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

Yes, 0.1.0 of 5dim trains.

Return to “F.A.R.L”