From Player To Player (Theocrafting, Builds, Blueprints, Tips, Workarounds)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: From Player To Player (Theocrafting, Builds, Blueprints, Tips, Workarounds)

Post by MantisShrimp »

@Neotix
Can I do that power plant with just YI? I don't play Factorio with any other major mods beside YI. Also, are those solar panel there to kick start it and what's in the beacon?

@YuokiTani
The super long red inserters break into vanilla red inserters, is that intended? Also, there are still 2 different versions of those heat plate thingy. I'm really loving the organization of the recipes in the most recent version. It's so much more intuitive to find things. Also, those brown modules are awesome! -60% eff +40% speed with 2 slots is amazing. I would totally spam them in pretty much everything.
red green science
This is a super simple red and green science factory using YI. I've never used the super long red inserters before. They came in really handy here. I'm trying to do something simple for blue, but the whole oil involvement is a pain to get around.
train load and unload design
I'm testing some train station design using the new trains. I'm going with 1-4-1 double header design. I'm not great with belt balance, and this is based off of MadZuri's 14 fast inserter design. The timer is going to get a bit silly with some of YI's stack size. I mean a 4 cargo train carrying unicomps would be enough resources to build a moon base. Which I'm sure would be great for when I only need 1 train for multiple outposts.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Solar panels are only for kick start. In beacons I placed tier 3 blue and green modules. If you don't have tier 3 modules, put blue ones to get +25% speed from beacon (to speed up overheaters). Acc in design works as buffer because overheaters like to cause spikes and without acc they can overload network. Without Transformators you have to watch on power consumption because overloading can cause blackout.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:@YuokiTani
The super long red inserters break into vanilla red inserters, is that intended? Also, there are still 2 different versions of those heat plate thingy. I'm really loving the organization of the recipes in the most recent version. It's so much more intuitive to find things. Also, those brown modules are awesome! -60% eff +40% speed with 2 slots is amazing. I would totally spam them in pretty much everything.

This is a super simple red and green science factory using YI. I've never used the super long red inserters before. They came in really handy here. I'm trying to do something simple for blue, but the whole oil involvement is a pain to get around.
- until i changed the gfx yes - another reason was not used very often and so not fill your inventory with useless items
- i'am not sure if i catched all recipes, but only the YI should need
- new modules a little bit OP but why not - it's still below vanilla - 3 modules
- new sortings suggested by Fatmice
- take plastic and/or batterys from yi to avoid oil (cimota, empty battery cells -> v-battery)

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Neotix wrote:Solar panels are only for kick start. In beacons I placed tier 3 blue and green modules. If you don't have tier 3 modules, put blue ones to get +25% speed from beacon (to speed up overheaters). Acc in design works as buffer because overheaters like to cause spikes and without acc they can overload network. Without Transformators you have to watch on power consumption because overloading can cause blackout.
I tried the build without the transformators and they would blackout for no reason and won't restart even if I unhook everything. I think the problem is the turbines being hook in after the 50MW generators. Some times they would stop and won't restart unless you break them and the steam thing and place them again. Your previous design where the turbines were connected to the overheaters works just fine. Even when that blackout, it would restart when I disconnect it from the network.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Problem is probably in Turbines water outputs. If you have too much water in the system, turbines will stuck. The Tanks and pumps on top regulate water level. Pups are connected with tanks (left pump with left tank, and right pump with right tank) and have condition to work when there is less water than 1000.

When I build that PowerPlant i remember that it worked fine without transformators. I added them only because I don't want to watch all the time on energy consumption. With them i know that they provide 340MW and the rest will stay to maintain internal needs.

That PowerPlanr need some power to start so the best way is to start without load from the network. In Factorio 0.13 we will get power switch so we will be able to build auto-restart system :D

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Neotix wrote:Problem is probably in Turbines water outputs. If you have too much water in the system, turbines will stuck. The Tanks and pumps on top regulate water level. Pups are connected with tanks (left pump with left tank, and right pump with right tank) and have condition to work when there is less water than 1000.

When I build that PowerPlant i remember that it worked fine without transformators. I added them only because I don't want to watch all the time on energy consumption. With them i know that they provide 340MW and the rest will stay to maintain internal needs.

That PowerPlanr need some power to start so the best way is to start without load from the network. In Factorio 0.13 we will get power switch so we will be able to build auto-restart system :D

OMG I'm a huge idiot. The condition so that the water pump don't flood the system. It works perfectly fine now. So stupid, I had that same problem when I was first messing with the WIPs. I was getting upset at the game. Why won't you work! Didn't even occur to me that there's too much water in the system. Ughhhh. Anyway, thanks. :D

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Trying to get fancy with some beacon-powered farms. Each get 9 beacons. Haven't ran it full blast with poo yet, but I hope robots can handle it. If not, I can move everything by 1 space and fit in express belts. That is probably going to be required. I have no idea how much corn this thing is going to make with all beacons filled with speed 3 mods. Also, ton power and pollution. Also, how much poo am I going to need. Caverns worth. All. Of. The. CAVERNS.
farm

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:Trying to get fancy with some beacon-powered farms. Each get 9 beacons. Haven't ran it full blast with poo yet, but I hope robots can handle it. If not, I can move everything by 1 space and fit in express belts. That is probably going to be required. I have no idea how much corn this thing is going to make with all beacons filled with speed 3 mods. Also, ton power and pollution. Also, how much poo am I going to need. Caverns worth. All. Of. The. CAVERNS.
farm
good example for industrial farming on a slave world - and cheap food on other planets ;)

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

MantisShrimp wrote:Trying to get fancy with some beacon-powered farms. Each get 9 beacons. Haven't ran it full blast with poo yet, but I hope robots can handle it. If not, I can move everything by 1 space and fit in express belts. That is probably going to be required. I have no idea how much corn this thing is going to make with all beacons filled with speed 3 mods. Also, ton power and pollution. Also, how much poo am I going to need. Caverns worth. All. Of. The. CAVERNS.
farm
The bots will have problems moving that amount of corn around. You will need more charger stations.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

farm-cage
5 rows of corn and 5 rows of vugar for a total of 40 corn farms and 40 vugar farms. On top is 2 columns of 10 rows of cages for a total of 160 poo-makers. Without the modules the robots are keeping up just fine, mostly because of the huge crafting-time of everything. I left enough space to add in more robotports when the time comes, I also install extended robot-tech. So when research, they'll be faster and carry more. I think the correct ratio for cage to poo-fed-farm is something like 3 cages to 1 farm, so I'll just use brown mods for the farms and speed mods for the cages when I make them. A lot of things are still temporary, such as all the tanks, I was building it a part at a time so all the liquids needed somewhere to go. I don't know what the correct production is since a lot of them are backed up because I'm not processing the corn/vugar aside from feeding the bugs. I'm getting something close to 3,000 cooked meat because you can use pink mods in the furnace to cook them. The blood trade doesn't seem to be worth it since you don't get the canisters back and it takes something like 600 irons and a bunch of other materials for 100 canisters just to get 1 reputation.

the great fatmice wall of breathable air
I had to build 2 layers of fatmice pollution suckers to contain all the poo-smell. Once the speed modules are added, it'll get super duper bad.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

:D great I am now a janitor as well. :lol:

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote: I'm getting something close to 3,000 cooked meat because you can use pink mods in the furnace to cook them. The blood trade doesn't seem to be worth it since you don't get the canisters back and it takes something like 600 irons and a bunch of other materials for 100 canisters just to get 1 reputation.
for next version its changed to 10 blood-canister for 1 reputation but still loss the canister, because its a outplanet-trade. also i added vanilla fluid-handle and for sulfuric-acid you also lost 1 canister after 4 operations.
MantisShrimp wrote:
the great fatmice wall of breathable air
I had to build 2 layers of fatmice pollution suckers to contain all the poo-smell. Once the speed modules are added, it'll get super duper bad.
you can make the fatmice-cleaner more effective if you use worst speed-module you can find (vanilla-3 ^^) - because cleaning depends on energy-consum -> more consum = more cleaning. you can also try the monument, but this needs a cable to turn it permanent on.

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

because cleaning depends on energy-consum -> more consum = more cleaning. you can also try the monument, but this needs a cable to turn it permanent on.
Did i understand that right? The monument is cleaning air? And what cable to where?!?
YuokiTani Fanboy.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

SKleen75 wrote: Did i understand that right? The monument is cleaning air? And what cable to where?!?
It's a lamp. You wire it to be permanently on.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

solid fuel engine
So I got around to playing with mechanical power again. I really do love all the moving parts that the engines and fancy generators have, but I still don't really understand how they work. This thing can't sustain all 12 rensuirs as the MF(?) drop to around 250 degrees and the last 3 rensuirs won't go full blast. I did find out that it takes about 6 solid fuel engines to load up a single gear box. I think I'll add 2 more of those giant boilers and run 3 columns of 5 rensuirs each or something. I have an obscene amount of infused mud, so I really want to get a solid fuel power plant running.

Also, I finally noticed that the HC and EC pipes are the same as vanilla pipes. Only the underground versions are color coded. As much as I've played this mod, there are so many things in it that I've never made...

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

You can't support 12 Rensuir with a single Rheinsberg. The heat output is insufficient no matter the MF input.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

Fatmice wrote:You can't support 12 Rensuir with a single Rheinsberg. The heat output is insufficient no matter the MF input.
Yeah, it looks like a single rheinsberg can support 7 rensuirs(barely). It needs 8 solid-fuel engines and 2 gear boxes, all of which running with lubes. I got it running stable for 10+ minutes with temp being around ~490 and internal MF remaining constant. It comes out to ~74MW which is slightly more than what a single steam-turbine can support, 1 of those 50MW genny and a rensuir and 1/3 of another rensuir(according to the one I use, which is a Neotix design). The safe design is something like 6 solid-fuel engines, 1 gear box, 1 rheinsberg and 5 rensuirs (so just 1/3 of what I posted above). Pretty much the same as the liquid-fuel design, except I think there were 8 liquid-fuel engines(the powered by corn thing). The solid-fuel engines and rheinsberg produce ton of pollution, meaning that Fatmice's pollution suckers will pump out ton of solid fuels. The rheinsberg burns through fuel too quickly to be fed with anything less than infused unicomps. Which brings me back to the steam-turbine thing. As Fatmice suggested, if solid fuel is needed in the chain it would make sense for it to be in the steam-turbine. Since it can support similar generators as the rheinsberg, the fuel it need would be around infused unicomps as well.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I recall from my corn build that you can safely put six Rensuirs on one Rheinsberg being feed MF from 4 liquid-fuel engine burning vegetable oil. The Rheinsberg should burn Rabio or some kind of fuel that is at least 50% of the MW rating to have maximum temperature. I arrived at these numbers using a set of equations and some experimentation.

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

@Fatmice
Not too sure, I just spammed a bunch of solid-fuel/rensuirs power plants. Just need a way to get rid of infused mud for now. I'll revisit efficiency eventually
empire of dirt 2.0
I think this is the best use for the R4 longhand inserters I've found. The only problem is that because of the length, the animation takes forever and end up being much slower than even regular inserters. Hey Yuokitan, can you make it at least the same speed as regular inserters? This thing makes like 250 alien fragments a minute, which is like 10 of those fancy new crystals. It is a good supply of stones, mudballs and poisons.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:I think this is the best use for the R4 longhand inserters I've found. The only problem is that because of the length, the animation takes forever and end up being much slower than even regular inserters. Hey Yuokitan, can you make it at least the same speed as regular inserters? This thing makes like 250 alien fragments a minute, which is like 10 of those fancy new crystals. It is a good supply of stones, mudballs and poisons.
yes, i encouter the same problem and i'am not sure if in previous factorio versions the inserter was so slow. i think about a different gfx so this would look also better.
complete yi_engines is wip :) okay some parts done - atm i'am not sure how to handle or which way the 50MW+turbine and overheater goes. still no gfx for the overheater so maybe the gfx decide the next steps.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”