Type: Mod
Name: Up Your Arsenal
Description: Adding some more wepons and ammo types
Version: 0.0.1
Release: 2015-09-20
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.12.8
Category: Alpha, Item, Gameplay,
Tags: guns, ammo

Its time to get out toys. The point of this mod is to add different weapons, ammo, vehicles, and turrets. At the moment it only includes a new ammo type for the shotgun. Rocket shotgun ammo. it doesn't have a tech yet and shares a recipe with basic ammo. I will be adding recipes/ tech in the next day or so. it will probably need balance a bit and I'm posting this to start getting feed back on it and suggestions/ idea for other things to add.

No suggestion is a bad one. we are on an alien planet fighting giant bugs and you can walk around with a pocket full of trains so realism is already kinda out the window.
Attachments
multishotrocket_0.0.1.zip
added recipe and added to tech tree
(3.12 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
Last edited by kingarthur on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

SirRichie
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 12.X] Up Your Arsenal

Post by SirRichie »

First suggestion: shouldn't this be in the Work in progress section?

Second suggestion: if the rocket ammuniation is stronger than piercing shotgun ammo, then it should require a more elaborate crafting and probably a very expensive tech

Third suggestion: if you're providing weapons which help fight biters, this causes a disbalance in that biters get weaker, relatively speaking. So have you thought about introducing new biter types or make existing ones stronger?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

1. ya, your right ill have it moved over.

2. I've started on that and have a recipe for it that require crafting a rockets for it and right now its just been added as part of rocketry tech. it will mostly get moved at some point.

3. i know making more powerful weapons weakens the biters but as it is both dytech and bobs mods already add more biters and so do a few other mods plus the behemoth biter were added so it is possibility in the future but not a high priority.

what i'm looking to do starting out is added some more options and variety in the weapons that are available. the weapons might be op but who doesn't enjoy pulling out a fatman every so often and just nuke everything.

ive also updated the mod with tech and recipes.

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

[quote="kingarthur"]pulling out a fatman every so often and just nuke everything./quote]
For those of you who don't know fatman was the name of a nuclear bomb(!) if any of you was wondering why he called it that ;)!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fat_Man

Back to the topic :)
I do like the idea of your mod, but as always pictures are more than welcome. No matter how your mod looks. ;)!
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

actually this was the fatman im referring to from fallout(wiki link here. http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fat_Man)
fatman
fatman
fallout fatman.jpg (7.94 KiB) Viewed 8974 times
. and ya im working on a few ideas. im going to start adding pic soon.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

so ive been doing some tests for planned features and managed to create a gun that shoots boxes. it replaces the explosion with wooden chests, so any object that is hit by it gets a box. i dont think im going to leave that feature in but i wanted to share results.
Attachments
boxes for all
boxes for all
box gun.jpg (279.29 KiB) Viewed 8812 times

Return to “Mods”