Version 0.12.6

Information about releases and roadmap.
FactorioBot
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.12.6

Post by FactorioBot »

• Changes
    • Smaller breaks between ambient music tracks, some volume tweaks and moved a few tracks to the interlude category.
    • Ambient settings can be controlled from the config file. By using: sound.ambient_music_pause_mean_seconds (default 60), sound.ambient_music_pause_variance_seconds (default 30) and ambient_music_mode: possible values are main-tracks-only, interleave-main-tracks-with-interludes, randomize-all (default is interleave)
    • Smaller breaks between ambient music tracks, some volume tweaks and moved a few tracks to the interlude category.
    • Ambient settings can be controlled from the config file. By using: sound.ambient_music_pause_mean_seconds (default 30), sound.ambient_music_pause_variance_seconds (default 30) and ambient_music_mode: possible values are main-tracks-only, interleave-main-tracks-with-interludes, randomize-all (default is interleave)
    • Fixed a performance problem in the pathfinder that would cause complete lack of enemy attacks in certain situations (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=15238).
  • Bugfixes
  • Scripting
    • Added LuaItemPrototype::module_effects read.
    • LuaSurface::spill_item_stack will now additionally accept LuaItemStack objects as the stack to drop.
  • Modding
Use the automatic updater if you can (check experimental updates in other settings) or download full installation at http://www.factorio.com/download/experimental.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.12.6

Post by waduk »

Wait,..what ! New update already ! Yipee !!

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Automatic update won't work

Code: Select all

Download failed, HTTP status code 404
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Automatic update worked for me.

Surprising, though, to get an update when it isn't a Friday (I triple-checked - it most definitely is a Tuesday today, right now, here in Europe). Surprising, but nice. I suspect Factorio will hit Steam very soon. Suspect and hope.

Youtuber Kage (Kage484 or 848 or something like that) has also recently started his first YT Let's Play of Factorio. I know he's popular for doing LP's of another of my favourite games, 7 Days to Die, and there's also some discussion on his first LP post, with several of us trying to persuade him to upgrade from 11.22 to 12.5, and presumably successfully. There was also some talk about Factorio coming to Steam soon.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Automatic update won't work

What OS are you using? on WIndows x64 update from 0.12.5 to 0.12.6 went without problems.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

Ranakastrasz wrote:Automatic update won't work

Please post a Log file.

maysjw
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maysjw »

Here is the log with the same issue.
Attachments
factorio-previous.log
(2.38 KiB) Downloaded 499 times

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

Mine did update, but I got the error message. Win 10 - x64.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

seems like the instabilities for MP in 12.6 have been fixed. so awesome... mid week release as well!!!

happymoep
Inserter
Inserter

Post by happymoep »

I also had some error when I restarted Factorio (after the update was downloaded and applied). This time, after updating, Factorio.exe was analyzed by Avast DeepScreen, so I thought that's what caused the error. I hit abort and after manually restarting factorio it started correctly. Not sure what happened there but now everything seems to be working ;)

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

I'm using Avast as well, might be what's causing it. Maybe an internal timer that can be set a little higher? Avast Deep Scan can take a while..

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

This is great! Been a long time since we have seen a mid-week release. :D Been having a lot of instability issues in MP lately, hopefully this update helps fox that.
Image Image Image

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

Also getting the 404 error on the autoupdater. See attached log.
Error Log

happymoep
Inserter
Inserter

Post by happymoep »

jeroon wrote:I'm using Avast as well, might be what's causing it. Maybe an internal timer that can be set a little higher? Avast Deep Scan can take a while..
I think they shouldn't put up with a workaround for a special case. DeepScreen does something Factorio is not intended for so it is not the Factorio-devs' responsibility.
Unless it is not due to the way DeepScreen works but a sideeffect which just uncovered an unnoticed bug :P
However, it is a one-time-crash caused by a 3rd party program -> not the highest of priorities.

As for 12.6 itself:
Todays update led me to a new suggestion regarding the changelog.
I think even more players would read it when it'd be used as a time-filler during the update process.
>Here's the thread<
Leave a post if you like the idea.

1ronbank
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by 1ronbank »

Been streaming recently with a group and we had several occasions where DS caused the game to crash for all players.

Fingers crossed this resolves the issue and will feedback.

GJ ;)

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Update failed:
Download failed (HTTP status code 404)
Windows x64 zip version.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

Download page 404s for all versions of windows except 32bit zip as well. I assume that's why the autoupdater isn't working.

knightrath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by knightrath »

Peter34 wrote:
Youtuber Kage (Kage484 or 848 or something like that) has also recently started his first YT Let's Play of Factorio. I know he's popular for doing LP's of another of my favourite games, 7 Days to Die, and there's also some discussion on his first LP post, with several of us trying to persuade him to upgrade from 11.22 to 12.5, and presumably successfully.

Yeah, please help me convince him!!! Its Kage848 on youtube and Kage_848 on twitch. From our discussion he wanted the stable version and was concerned with the term of 'experimental branch'. I know...I told him they were all really stable other than when MP first came out and the most recent 12.5 (now patched) version.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

knightrath wrote:
Peter34 wrote:
Youtuber Kage (Kage484 or 848 or something like that) has also recently started his first YT Let's Play of Factorio. I know he's popular for doing LP's of another of my favourite games, 7 Days to Die, and there's also some discussion on his first LP post, with several of us trying to persuade him to upgrade from 11.22 to 12.5, and presumably successfully.

Yeah, please help me convince him!!! Its Kage848 on youtube and Kage_848 on twitch. From our discussion he wanted the stable version and was concerned with the term of 'experimental branch'. I know...I told him they were all really stable other than when MP first came out and the most recent 12.5 (now patched) version.
I've spent several posts, under his 1st video, trying to convince him to update to 12.5 (then 12.6) and explaining to him that it's perfectly doable and that the devs are ultra-obsessed about backwards compatibility.

Marconos
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Marconos »

There is something strange with the download page and embeded updating.

the following links are broken on the download page: Win 64 zip and Exe, WIN 32 exe
Auto update from inside the program is not working.

Tried on my home network and work network.

Then I decided to try on my tablet over my cellular network. Now those links are valid and work but they still do not work on my home/work network connections.

Return to “Releases”