[0.12.4] [kovarex] Random sprite errors with Modpack.

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[0.12.4] [kovarex] Random sprite errors with Modpack.

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Hi there!

there seems to be a massive issue that over the past few versions developed.
Somewhere along the line of converting into 0.12 and 0.12.1, 0.12.2 etc etc.
It seems that big modpacks atleast mine at this point. Throw very unsolvable issues that do not lead to the mods and the issue being. the base game of Factorio.

Here are a few issues that developed.

elzock wrote:I have an error message during the loading screen. While sprites are loading.

Code: Select all

Error: 		Sprite outside of 
			"_base_/graphics/entity/rocket-shadow.png" (at 1, 0, size
			8x30 of 7x24)
Versions: Factorio V.0.12.4 ShaddowComboPack V4-0-0
darkshadow1809 wrote:
Sepp wrote:Cleaninstall of Factorio (0.12.3) and ShadowMegaPack (v3.0.2)

Image of the Error: http://i.imgur.com/qKZvl2J.png
Crashlog on startup: http://pastebin.com/XJbUn4JS (Only my Username is deleted)

I'm trying a bit to solve it alone. But hey. perhaps you can help too.
Something must be on my side 'cause no one post it there till yet.

Greetings

EDIT:
Fixed by changed the sprite sizes in "\Factorio\mods\Yuoki_0.2.33\prototypes\entity\e_electric.lua" to 140 and 122 (was 160/140).
Now trying how it will work in Game.
Nutloaf wrote:I keep getting the error message "/prototypes/equipment/AdvancedEquipment.lua:313:attempt to call global 'make_laser_sounds' (a nil value)" How do I fix it, I'm not great at lua coding so I can't do it myself or I would.

---EDIT---
Alright, so now I've realised after removing the Advanced Equipment it started happening with other mods to, I think some sounds aren't in the folders, what should I do now?

So here are just a few issues..

The funny thing is being. (Here is where the bug occurs basically) 4.0.0 Works perfectly for me and about 200 others who downloaded it. just a few people have this issue and it spreads. all have different issues with the same pack with the same config with the same mods... I noticed this familiarity with the issue in 0.11.20 or so when i had a bug with too many item assign ID's being a problem but this generated a few different issues. hence why I am writing this post :)

See if it gives an error when you run the modpack? Download it here! https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 60&t=13591
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.4] Random sprite errors with Modpack.

Post by orzelek »

Did any of those people try to delete the cropcache.dat when the error occurred and check again?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

orzelek wrote:Did any of those people try to delete the cropcache.dat when the error occurred and check again?
Yes I even had them remove everything factorio related.

Factorio folder in C:/
Factorio %appdata% folder

Reinstalling factorio afterwards and reputting the modpack in. All clean. provided same error.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

zakato wrote:hi, i have some problems with the modpack. I followed the istructions and i have copied the mods in the right folder, but when i start for the second time factorio i have this error message:
Cattura.PNG
Cattura.PNG (7.63 KiB) Viewed 8581 times

Heres another one guys.
I asked for his system specs if he could run the modpack and it turned out. Yes! Fully.

4GB Vram
16 GB Ram
and a 4,00 GH'z processor.

Windows < Ofcourse.

So.. i checked the mod. and no matter what. i got no error at all. But Zakato whilst on the same factorio version. same modpack version, same mod list etc etc. Just couldn't get this one to work. So I am very interested to why. if both mods equal in even Kb's of data do not work for someone. and for someone else they do! But... (that in a modpack though) if you only put advancedequipment in your mod folder it works!...

Weird huh? (Nope not a compatibility issue with other mods. I fully checked through every single mod. (A couple of times at least)!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

What modpack (and version) should we download to test it?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
zakato wrote:hi, i have some problems with the modpack. I followed the istructions and i have copied the mods in the right folder, but when i start for the second time factorio i have this error message:
Cattura.PNG

Heres another one guys.
I asked for his system specs if he could run the modpack and it turned out. Yes! Fully.

4GB Vram
16 GB Ram
and a 4,00 GH'z processor.

Windows < Ofcourse.

So.. i checked the mod. and no matter what. i got no error at all. But Zakato whilst on the same factorio version. same modpack version, same mod list etc etc. Just couldn't get this one to work. So I am very interested to why. if both mods equal in even Kb's of data do not work for someone. and for someone else they do! But... (that in a modpack though) if you only put advancedequipment in your mod folder it works!...

Weird huh? (Nope not a compatibility issue with other mods. I fully checked through every single mod. (A couple of times at least)!
This one is definitely a mod scripting bug.

Return to “Pending”