[0.12.4] [kovarex] virtual double click on placing underground pipes

Bugs that are actually features.
boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.12.4] [kovarex] virtual double click on placing underground pipes

Post by boro »

Instead of just posting in minor issues I'll let you guys decide what's minor ;)
Sometimes when placing underground pipes it will place it and immediately replace it by a pipe in the opposite direction as if you double clicked or something. I'm pretty sure it's because I move the mouse while clicking MB1.
You can reproduce this by placing an underground pipe while keeping MB1 pressed and then making the smallest movements with the mouse.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.4] virtual double click on placing underground pipes

Post by Boogieman14 »

I guess I can confirm this happening. I was chalking all of these up to either a too sensitive mouse or too many hours of Factorio and too few hours of sleep, but since you're reporting I'll chime in.

In fact, I've seen some more instances were items (belts and inserters) were inexplicably rotated. These are probably more likely sleep dep rather than UI failures though :lol:
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

I have had the same experience with underground pipes. I thought it was the mouse as well, since Razer products do the double click thing after a while.

codewarrior
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by codewarrior »

You can reproduce this by placing an underground pipe while keeping MB1 pressed and then making the smallest movements with the mouse.
I can't seem to reproduce this in 0.12.4. No matter what I do, I can't fast-replace an underground pipe with an underground pipe.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

Try placing one that's facing the other direction. When I want to do it, it works without fail. So basically click once, then the pipe on the cursor switches direction, then click in the same spot and the new direction replaces the old. And it appears that somehow occasionally the game registers two clicks in quick succession when you only clicked once.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

codewarrior wrote:
I can't seem to reproduce this in 0.12.4. No matter what I do, I can't fast-replace an underground pipe with an underground pipe.
Hey you are right, this is probably a dytech feature, so this doesn't happen in the base game.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

I don't use dytech though and it happens to me as well (although I do use Bob's mods)

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

boro wrote:
codewarrior wrote:
Hey you are right, this is probably a dytech feature, so this doesn't happen in the base game.
It happened to me while playing Bob's Mods, with no other mods. Perhaps it's an issue with modded pipes?

boro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boro »

Well I don't play bob's mods but I guess this will occur with any mod that allows pipe replacement.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I did have this one also I think.
It indeed looks like you misclicked - what you described looks like what is happening.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.4] [kovarex] virtual double click on placing underground pipes

Post by kovarex »

It is not Factorio bug.
In vanilla factorio, the pipe doesn't have fast-replacable group, so it works properly.
But once some mod adds fast replacable group to the pipe-to-ground, this starts to happen, as the mod failed to add the flag to prevent this problem.

The flag is called "fast-replaceable-no-build-while-moving", and is used in underground belt for example:

Code: Select all

flags = {"placeable-neutral", "player-creation", "fast-replaceable-no-build-while-moving"},
So it is up to the modders to fix it (someone should tell them probably).

Return to “Not a bug”