Concepts + GFX related to Yuoki-Industries MOD

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

MAxmuD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Concepts + GFX related to Yuoki-Industries MOD

Post by MAxmuD »

It worked. Helped remove crop-cache.dat.
Thanks for the quick reply.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i like this wallpaper because it's clean & simple ^^ without distractions, and let you see the icons at the desktop ...
(was designed as robo-charger for bob-logistics but came/finished to late)

2560x1440

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Very nice look.
When I'm playing factorio with YI mod, it feels like I'm starting in steampunk, next going throe cyberpunk and end up in SciFi. I would like to have more futuristic endgame structures.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Neotix wrote:Very nice look.
When I'm playing factorio with YI mod, it feels like I'm starting in steampunk, next going throe cyberpunk and end up in SciFi. I would like to have more futuristic endgame structures.
Then you maybe like the new Modul-Icons too.

i moved away from the flat-style slot-in design ... to make it different. the other reason is to use these as parts ... like you want build a advanced machine -> you need build-in some advanced moduls ... and not add simply more copper or iron ^^

oh and more futuristic-gfx will come, but atm is yi and yi_engines in work.
still some things todo, but piece after piece it looks better for me.
(if you take a real close look - you can see that the center of the assembly nearly the same gfx as the moduls. so it can really plug-in at this point to boost the assembly)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

my train-yard ...
shows all aviable locomotives & cargo-wagons today/atm. (i had mix them more to ask you, how many different wagons and locomotives you can see ;) )
so its up to you to find a new gameplay style to bring all this into action, or just enjoy a locomotive ride.

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

Are those liquid tanks? :D

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

All of your cargoes look the same length, but some of your train engines look longer than others. That's gonna be a problem when making train stations. And are the tank one for liquids? As in actual liquid getting pumped into them or just for show?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I think the liquids ones are for show since you would need lua code to pump liquids into them.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Vin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Vin »

Fatmice wrote:I think the liquids ones are for show since you would need lua code to pump liquids into them.
That's what I figured. I just didn't know if it was in support of the Rail Tanker Mod.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Now that I think about it, I could probably make it a reality for Yuoki tankers to store liquids if Yuoki would like such features. ;)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MantisShrimp wrote:All of your cargoes look the same length, but some of your train engines look longer than others. That's gonna be a problem when making train stations. And are the tank one for liquids? As in actual liquid getting pumped into them or just for show?
it's only a problem if you want highest efficency ... if not you can live that only 1 or 2 inserter reach the first cargo-wagon (worst case).
the difference is shorter as you think. if i remember correct, i got 4 inserter per shot-wagon working.
green steam, white diesel = vanilla length, all other shorter atm.

its only visual for show - vanilla don't support liquid-wagons. but maybe the next factorio-version will change this.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I'm working on a little thing for you to make this happen early. ;)

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Fatmice I assume that you're doing something similar to Rail Tanker Mod so may I have little request? Could it be possible to improve pump detection for wagons? In Rail Tanker Mod sometimes we can put 1 pump, sometime 2 (on one side). All because that broken alignment wagons to the grid. I would like to be able to place pumps like inserters (4-5 for Youoki wagons).

And I have question. Will it be compatible with logic station from SmartTrains Mod.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Neotix wrote:Fatmice I assume that you're doing something similar to Rail Tanker Mod so may I have little request? Could it be possible to improve pump detection for wagons? In Rail Tanker Mod sometimes we can put 1 pump, sometime 2 (on one side). All because that broken alignment wagons to the grid. I would like to be able to place pumps like inserters (4-5 for Youoki wagons).
You won't need more than 1 per wagon. The liquid handler will self-fill or empties due to the base_level that I've set for the entity. There are two of them, one for filling and one for emptying the wagon. There is no modification to the rail-wagon, they are indeed cargo-wagon types. There is no spawning of "proxy" storage tanks on top of them.
Neotix wrote: And I have question. Will it be compatible with logic station from SmartTrains Mod.
One step at a time, I don't play with SmartTrains mod so I don't know how it would interface nor have I ever written an interface. I only glanced at that mod's code and saw virtual signals are tabulated from the wagons and being sent to the train station. It will probably be quickest if Choumiko can tell me how to expose my tables for the SmartTrains mod to read.

The code is now complete for what it is suppose to do, enable one to move liquids via rail-wagons. :)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Why I removed YI-Mod dependency from YI-Railways ?
it's simple ... first, i want a stable future - factorio in development changes things for modders from time to time and i'am not always happy about it. So a future change can make it impossible for me to update Yuoki-Industries. Removeing this point can make it easier to adjust YI-Railways to future factorio versions, as long as factorio itself contains trains.
second, it reduces the entrence concerns because it has no dependency and don't change any ressource, vanilla-recipe etc.

Why I splitting Railways ?
- it allows me to add/provide more locomotives and cargo-wagon - modells and also recolors/reskins - separate without uploading the whole mod (current 129 MB).
- you don't need to wait for a new version, because i can upload a modell then it's done. no more reason to collect 3 or 5 new things and make a new version.
- you can choose your favorite locomotive and cargo-wagon to play with, and remove no longer wanted locomotives easier.
- it gives you the chance to take some locomotive and recolor + rebalance it and provide it or make your own custom version.

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

Hello, may I ask you for a favor? :oops: I've made some extensions of my mod and I don't have any way how to make a proper graphics for it. So I've split my mod into public version that I can publish without using someone else's work and private that I'm using (right now) your (two) entity images. (+ icons).
ImageImage

(first one is represented as "Transmitter of wireless electricity" and the second one is just a big lamp (as a "reflector"))
I'd be really glad if I could publish even this part of my mod but before that I need your permission to use these images :oops: Is there any way I could get that perm. for my mod? (Credits in forum thread is sure thing) Image

(By the way sorry if I put it in a wrong section, actually this one looks most accurate for my question)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

the lamps yes, but for the substation no - it's better i make for you a different/new gfx. this will avoid confuseing players.
write me a pm what you want, with a little explain to the entity and a link to your mod, also if you prefer a different color on the lamp i can change this too.

jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jouki »

wowie, that would be great, I'll pm you next day (actually today in CET time). about the lamp, I've already edited by adding a shadow in off-mode and if you don't have any plans with that it's enough for my use

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Tokens, Signs - What ? - i dont understand.

its a new concept to make the game a little more interesting for me. i can't really explain it, you should play and try the options. to make this concept successful i need to work a little on the current mods/addons. i have also encountered the first setback, because if a entity-recipe has more than 1 result it fails to show the stats. not a real problem but good to know and i need to change some recipes again.

now to the whole token-system here a example for for what tech-signs used in future (beside the reputation-trade, production-boost and special-builds)

here the mastercrafted MS-1.8 Steam-Turbine - so i plan for the most "iconic" and best YI-graphics - mastercrafted versions. it's not this big mod-change with the next update in game-play but a pleasant update for the eyes. of course all mastercrafted-stuff comes in higher resolution.

i would not post this if it's not ready for next version ^^ (if factorio 0.13 not break) - also notice steam-turbine is changed from 4x4 to 3x4

and i have changed some of the pipes (a very long open task) - i personal like the look.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Is there anything like an eyegasm :)

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Return to “Yuoki Industries”