Concepts + GFX related to Yuoki-Industries MOD

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Concepts + GFX related to Yuoki-Industries MOD

Post by YuokiTani »

first reworked Laser-Defence for later use ... this follows my newer graphics in quality. i will use this base for energy-weapons, the other two bases are for projectil-weapons and future-weapons. because many mods provides new weapons and ammunition i don't add/change to much.
if factorio 0.12 delays more i think i update YI to prepare some changes.

click for bigger view

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Concepts + GFX related to Yuoki-Industries MOD

Post by Degraine »

Nice graphic, very stubby. Is this intended to be lower or higher powered than the vanilla turret?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

it will replace the current Laser-Defense-(Towers) in YI-Mod. It consumes a little bit more power and has a different behavior.
The firerate is higher until the buffer is empty, then the firerate depends on reload. The effect is higher burst-damage.
nobody knows what changes to turrets (and their recipes) come with factorio 0.12 - so i break the bridges and remove the vanilla-turrets from the YI-recipes to keep the balance.

if the factorio 0.12 keep the wall-hitpoints at 350 - then YI-turrets have at least 4 tiles x 350 HP = 1400 HP (rather more) - no matter factorio 0.12 turrets HP's have.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

preparing and the look off the new storeage chests
click image for wp (ingame with colors)

FMRx
Inserter
Inserter

Post by FMRx »

nice )
Yuoki can you make more videos with Cinema4d, but in english/russian ?:) that german too hard to understand )

p.s. you make very usefull video with c4d settings for factorio - but better when understand explaining of your moves :)

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

YuokiTani wrote:preparing and the look off the new storeage chests
click image for wp (ingame with colors)
I'm always incredibly envious when i see people do graphics like this :( Looks amazing

miturion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by miturion »

those are some really cool models!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

slowly but steady i exchange old graphics/animations with improved

old:Image - new: Image
also animation and position fixed.

in other thread is Fatmice the farmer :) - but for next yi_engine version i want to prepare some stockbreeding and of course make steaks to sell for uc-a2/reputation (yes another laika-gate trade) - so maybe then known as Fatmice the rancher ;)
(the buyers don't know it's alien-meat and not beef steak ^^)
approximately looks like this ingame ... but i still need make some animations ... feeding, growing and slaugther ^^
ImageImage

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

Wow...!! o.O

Yuoki, can you please redo all original game content ?
I would like the original game, to match your designs. :)
Is that possible please ?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Cooolaid wrote:Wow...!! o.O
Yuoki, can you please redo all original game content ?
I would like the original game, to match your designs. :)
Is that possible please ?
^^ ... let this not hear the factorio-crew ;)

Next steps ... i have fixed and balanced some Stuff and got sucked up by locomotives and trains. i don't know that factorio has keys for connect a cargo-wagon and disconnect (V and G). So now i can play better with trains and transport my ressources by drive the locomotive myself. I think it's a cool and funny and relaxing addition to Yuoki-Industries.

size comparsion

train yard - not very beautiful but shows the trains in comparsion to vanilla

YI deliver only short wagons and switcher ... i suggest 5dims-trains and other Train-Mods for long-cargo-wagon

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MantisShrimp »

OOOOOoooOO I hope that second gun turret is some sort of rail gun. I would love a super high range ballistic turret. Would be cool if it was an ammo based turret that requires electricity as well. Like a rail gun. Using the magically power of magnets, rail guns fire metal slugs at super high speed with super long range.

Cooolaid
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Cooolaid »

OMG those trains look awesome. :D :D :D

Would be cool if each of those cargo trains pertains to its cargo.
So if your factory dumped Iron, the cargo transport train would show iron like in the picture. etc etc.

Anyways, they look beautiful..... Love them :D cant wait for what you have in store for us.. :D

BTW, Yuoki. Is it possible that you can make your chest be picked up and retain its content.
Sometimes, I need to move a few chests around, and always have to empty them first before moving them.
I would love to be able to pick up the chest, even if by Dolly and the content of the chest remains inside on all your chests and storage units.

Also, the large storage units need a bit more health. enemies kills it way too fast and I lost all the content.
Dont know if thats intended.
Anyways great job :)

AmbulatoryCortex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AmbulatoryCortex »

Normally I'd ask in a PM, but I haven't posted enough yet apparently. Do you mind if I use the graphics of a couple of your turrets in a mod of my own?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

AmbulatoryCortex wrote:Normally I'd ask in a PM, but I haven't posted enough yet apparently. Do you mind if I use the graphics of a couple of your turrets in a mod of my own?
no - because if someone also plays with YI he would expect a behavoir of these turrets and not a different.

it is easy to make unique-looking turrets for your mod (and the better solution), simple make a request in the texture-section of the forum with the needed/intended informations.

AmbulatoryCortex
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AmbulatoryCortex »

YuokiTani wrote:no - because if someone also plays with YI he would expect a behavoir of these turrets and not a different.

it is easy to make unique-looking turrets for your mod (and the better solution), simple make a request in the texture-section of the forum with the needed/intended informations.
Alright, I'll do that. Thanks!

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Hmm...

Do you think you could experiment with making the first tier boiler graphics one tile larger in both dimensions please? I could do it myself do it with the sprites themselves, of course, but if you could rerender in that size that would be excellent.

I just think they're a bit small. Yes, vanilla steam engines are huge, possibly too huge, but the YI basic steam generators are just... twee.

Oh, that would throw the pipe connection off grid, bleh.

5 by 4 would probably be too big... Hmm, guess it isn't actually that easy after all.

Oh well, but here's a post basically saying I think they're just a little too small for the power they give. I could reduce their fluid usage and drop their power output instead, that's probably a better solution...

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I disagree. Leave them alone. They're not broken and should not be fixed...They are your first upgrade to Yuoki boilers so it makes sense they are 1 tile in size.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

Darloth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darloth »

Doh. I meant GENERATORS...

Sorry, that's a terrible slip. It's late here but that's no excuse... I agree, the first tier BOILERS are fine as they are.

Regarding the generators, I like their slightly higher efficiency (although they aren't exactly more costly either), but I decided to reduce their fluid flow so you need more of them to generate the same power, thus making them cost a little more up front and take up about the same real estate as the big steam engines, and also be more useful for low flow environments, such as using the last bit of heated water from a geothermal spring or solar furnace or other hot water source.

MAxmuD
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MAxmuD »

Version 0.2.33 stable? Ok/
How whath it is?
Sprite outside of"__Yuoki__/graphics/gfx/bcd-idle-e.png"(at 7, 1, size 153x139 of 140x122).

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

MAxmuD wrote:Version 0.2.33 stable? Ok/
How whath it is?
Sprite outside of"__Yuoki__/graphics/gfx/bcd-idle-e.png"(at 7, 1, size 153x139 of 140x122).
please download the *.zip again, and if this not help try delete the crop-cache.dat in factorio main-directory

Return to “Yuoki Industries”