Timer to pause game

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Timer to pause game

Post by ssilk »

While playing Factorio you forget the time. I belong to the working part of mankind, now it's short before 1am and I need to stand up at 6:30...

So some suggestions:
- I would like to have some kind of interrupt every 2 hours of play. Configurable: none, 1, 2, 3, 4...
- a (configurable) message, which pops up, when timer is over. "Time to get a coffee... or go to bed!"
- a second timer starts and let me not play for (configurable) 10 minutes.
- in the game the "game time", the "real game time" and the "real time" should be displayed.

So by default you should make a pause every two hours, which is needed, because non-smokers like me forget about the needs of their body. I mean also, there should be some text-hint, how to get around the pause (go to configuration, change...)

P. S.: Another type of timer is also this App "to bed" I found:
http://appadvice.com/review/to-bed-will ... t-the-sack
I mean it would be really cool if you will be asked before playing when you need to get up next day and the game will stop at the calculated time.... ;)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Timer to pause game

Post by kovarex »

I'm glad that the game is so addicting, but I think that this could(should) be done using some external application.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Indeed. This is clearly a personal problem, and putting it in would be a big step towards feature bloat.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

3LollipopZ
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 3LollipopZ »

Sleep is a very personal problem... I love realtime clocks rather than interruption.
Maybe play in a windowed mode so you can see your system clock :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Ok, understood, I thought it would be cool marketing: see we need that, because otherwise we kill our gamers. :)

... maybe I found a good candidate for my first mod. :) (if I find time to)
- in the game the "game time", the "real game time" and the "real time" should be displayed
But some of this shouldn't bloat the game too much?
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Nova
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Nova »

Some kind of "8 hours playing factorio? Wow, that's long..." would be something nice (like in Anno 1404).

But never force the player to stop the game. Maybe there are 8 players on the pc and every one plays only for one hour? ;)
Greetings, Nova.
Factorio is one of the greatest games I ever played, with one of the best developers I ever heard of.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”