hi, i tried your mod, and found lots of ice ore patches in my game
(about 75 million ores)
i was wondering if it is only used for making water, or if there is anything else that can be done with it while in ore form?
(my map that i have in my game, already has lots of water, so was trying to see if maybe some kind of extra recipe could be added if you get some time, even just to maybe be able to heat and filter it, even to get a chance of getting some small stones?
that way i can use it for water, and also for making stone to use in building, and tar in pycoal mod
Here are some recipe ideas that could be fun to use, if possible like the ability to turn:
0) Ice Ore > water x100 (already in the game)
+ new basic recipes for your Ice Smelter:
1) Ice Ore > water x100 + 1 vanilla Stone (hopefully easy to do) it could be 99 water and 1 stone but probably easier to use with multiples of 100 water.
(this will add extra stone for any buildings or mods using stone)
+ new recipe chain and ideas for extra mod fun:
2) Ice Ore > water x70 + Ice Residuals x30 (new item)
3) Ice Residuals (in Ice Smelter or Assembler to sift the residuals into) > Stone Pebbles (new item) x25 + Residual Organic Matter (new item) x2
4) Residual Organic Matter x10 (in Ice Smelter, or a new Ice Furnace) > 1 Oil (vanilla)
5) Stone Pebbles x25 (in Assembler) > Stone x5 (vanilla)
Plus some specific Angel mods items (but i am not sure if angel would need to also add code to make these work, but maybe there is a way to add it in a generic way?)
4b) Residual Organic Matter x10 (in Ice Smelter, or a new Ice Furnace) > 1 Natural Gas (angels Petrochem)
(this would also provide an extra use for players with angel mods, in addition to the Ice Ore being useful as water, it would also be a very small source of gasses for the petrochem chain, but with lots of Ice Ore and some base building skills, it would all help to get more gasses
6) Ice Ore > Water x50 + Murky Water x30 (new item) + Stone Pebbles x20
Murky Water x30 (in Ice Smelter or Ice Furnace) > Residual Organic Matter (new item) x2 + Viscous Mud Water x28 (angels item)
i think all these could be catered for, if recipes 4b and 6 are added to the game (assuming they can be added without problems etc), and this would mean that your Ice Ore mod would allow the following things to be obtained:
Vanilla Items, like Water, Stone and Oil (allowing anything that uses stone, such as existing recipe chains and bricks, and any mod like angels or pycoal, which can turn it into tar and slag slurry with their own existing recipe chains, but also, some new items mentioned above, which can also allow for "Natural Gas" (which can be used in pretty much all of the petrochem chains), and the "Viscous Mud Water" can be simply piped back into the angels Washer chain, for all the filtering into sands, clays and mud that already exists)
EDIT: just adding https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kerogen
as a link about the Residual Organic Matter above