Mod Version: 0.3.1
Mod Stage: Beta
Factorio Version: 0.16.x
Tested With Version: 0.16.15
Dependencies: Base, FactorioExtended-Core
Contributors: bNarFProfCrazy
GitHub: NathGamer GitHub
Licence: CC BY-NC 4.0
Description: Adds more tiers of items and research to the game.
Factrio Extended 0.3.1 and is now more stable for survival use.

News/Announcements:
There is a FAQ section below, please look there before asking any questions.

Please Backup Your Game Before Updating To A New Version.

January 9, 2017 - I have read some of your bug reports and the biggest one I got was about the old items not updating to the new items. I am sorry about that I forgot to add the new migration files.
This link is for the transport migration and this link is for the equipment migration. To make these work just open the corisponding mod in your mods folder and drop these into the migrations folder. The Equipment module doesn't have a migrations folder so create one outside of the mod folder and place it in the same place as the one in the transport module. Sorry for this mistake, it was very late when I finished getting the mod updated. :( Please keep the bug reports coming so I can get everything fixed up soon.

January 6, 2017 - Hi Everyone, I have now done a major update of the mod for Factorio version 0.16.x. This version 0.3.1 is more stable and can now be safely used in survival saves. I will hopefully get a chance to add some more content and get to all of your bug reports soon. Have fun engineers. :)

January 3, 2017 - FE 0.3.0 ported version with a few small tweaks is now out for all to use. I am not sure how stable it is for it hasn't been tested. I am working on getting everything fully updated within the next few days so if you are thinking of starting a new game please wait for I will be adding new content and making changes to old content to make sure everything is still balanced with the vanilla game. As well I am working on HD textures it just will take some time they should be in the next update. :)

January 2, 2017 - Hi Everyone, I know I have been away for some time now. I have been very busy in my personal life. Things have started to slow down now and I am working on an update for 0.16.x.
It should be out within the next few days so stay tuned. Hope you all had a great holiday season and I wish you all a happy New Years!

Old News and Announcements

Contact Me:
Email Address: nathgamer.mail@gmail.com
Please use the following Subject lines in you email to allow proper attention to your issue/suggestion.

[Bug Report] = You found a bug and wish to report it so it can be fixed in a later patch.
[Mod Balance Request] = You feel something in the mod is over/under powered and wish for it to be changed.
[Feature Request] = You wish to ask for a feature to be added to the mod(This is my choice in the end).
[Mod Question] = You are confused about something in the mod and need an answer.

Or

Twitter
Long Description
Licence
Implemented Items
Implemented Technologies
COMING SOON
Change Log for 0.3.1
Known Bugs - NONE
FAQ
Version History
Last edited by NathGamer on Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:54 am, edited 241 times in total.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Basics 0.0.1

Post by NathGamer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:36 am

Factorio Basics

Factorio Version: 0.12.x
Mod Version: 0.0.1
Dependencies: None
Description: Just adds more tiers of items to the game.

Some Recipes May Change!
Change Log
Last edited by NathGamer on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Basics 0.0.3

Post by Lurkily » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:31 pm

Haven't tried this yet, but Mk I usually refers to the original - shouldn't it be Mk 2/Mk 3?

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Basics 0.0.3

Post by NathGamer » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Lurkily wrote:Haven't tried this yet, but Mk I usually refers to the original - shouldn't it be Mk 2/Mk 3?
Thanks for that haha. In the mod it is Mk II and Mk III I just messed it up on the forum. I will change that right away. Thank you.

oresKa2
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.0.5

Post by oresKa2 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:42 pm

Questions.
How much better are all tiers in comparison to the original?
Cause i use bob's and until these are better or good alternative's i might use it.
But looks like a nice concept.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.0.5

Post by NathGamer » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:17 am

oresKa2 wrote:Questions.
How much better are all tiers in comparison to the original?
Cause i use bob's and until these are better or good alternative's i might use it.
But looks like a nice concept.
Hi oresKa2, I have added the vanilla items to the Implemented Items tab so people can compare the difference right there. I am not sure if this is better than bobs mods but I have recently just started modding in Factorio and I have a lot to add to this mod before I will call it quits. I used to mod in Minecraft but my knowledge of Java was not as good as it should have been. I hope this helps you if you have any other questions/suggestions please let me know.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.0.9

Post by Xterminator » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:06 pm

Very nice mod. I have been wanting something like this for a long time that just expands upon the vanilla items rather than having to get like Bob's of Dytech just to get some upgrade belts/robots etc. The graphics also look quite nice. :D

I'm definitely gonna do a Mod Spotlight on this one as I think it needs more attention and will be really useful for a lot of people, especially once you expand upon it even further.

Keep up the good work mate!
Image Image Image

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:38 am

Xterminator wrote:Very nice mod. I have been wanting something like this for a long time that just expands upon the vanilla items rather than having to get like Bob's of Dytech just to get some upgrade belts/robots etc. The graphics also look quite nice. :D

I'm definitely gonna do a Mod Spotlight on this one as I think it needs more attention and will be really useful for a lot of people, especially once you expand upon it even further.

Keep up the good work mate!
Thank you I that's exactly why I decided to make this mod. Thanks for saying this it really makes me want to keep working on it. As well I would totally appreciate a mod spotlight bit maybe after I release the next version I am changing just a few things to make it more balanced so a few recipes and what not will be changing.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:09 am

I can't see the screenshots from gallery, fix it please

fredcop
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.1

Post by fredcop » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:39 am

How do you make titanium ore? Can't find anything that produces it, and can't be hand-made. The recipe says "Made in:" and then blank.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer » Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:01 pm

fredcop wrote:How do you make titanium ore? Can't find anything that produces it, and can't be hand-made. The recipe says "Made in:" and then blank.
Hi fredcop,

Thank you for pointing this out I didn't notice. Here is a fix download this file and replace the recipes.lua file in the FactorioBasics-Core_0.1.1.zip/prototypes/recipes folder.

If the recipe doesn't change from that let me know I will also fix the main file so anyone else who downloads it doesn't have this problem.

EDIT: If the recipe doesn't change press the ~ key to open the console and use this command. All it does is reload the recipes not a cheat.

Code: Select all

/c for i, player in ipairs(game.players) do player.force.reset_recipes() end
Attachments
recipes.lua
(599 Bytes) Downloaded 149 times
Last edited by NathGamer on Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:30 am

You may have to do a console command to reload the recipes to Show Ingame.

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:29 am

This looks great. I been wanting a mod that extends the gameplay. Though I also want one that can only be used pretty much after the main gameplay is sort of finished. Like one big ass research to finish unlocking a while set of new tools to keep going. Maybe like send a rocket into space 10 times and then unlock new tech because of lets say idk some sort of research mission in space.

I hope you also don't end up modify the base game like the other 10 messy mods out there.

NathGamer
Inserter
Inserter

Post by NathGamer » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:42 am

Kane wrote:This looks great. I been wanting a mod that extends the gameplay. Though I also want one that can only be used pretty much after the main gameplay is sort of finished. Like one big ass research to finish unlocking a while set of new tools to keep going. Maybe like send a rocket into space 10 times and then unlock new tech because of lets say idk some sort of research mission in space.

I hope you also don't end up modify the base game like the other 10 messy mods out there.
I may do something like a hardcore mode. As well I don't modify any core game features it is just adding to the game.

Marsbar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Marsbar » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:14 am

This mod is awesome! Especially the power distribution and logistics. Talk about a difference.

One thing that I've noticed is that recovering a Medium Electric Pole Mk3 seems to gives a basic Medium Electric Pole. Is this an intended mechanic?

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tetkris » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:22 am

very good mod , but i miss for better tanks :(

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x]Factorio Extended 0.1.3

Post by tetkris » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:42 pm

thank you for new version , but medium elctric pole mk 3 and substation mk 2 have the same suply area , hm ? medium electric pole mk 3 is cheaper and have longer wire reach :D One advantage substation mk2 is 2 times more hp :D

Mythbrion
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mythbrion » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:39 am

This mod is amazing and exactly what I was looking for.
Couple of notes, the research costs of some things are actually lower than the costs of the previous tiers.
I feel they are a bit low in general given how much improved they are.
The crafting time for the mk2/mk3 items is very very fast, which while handy, feels a bit off.
Love this mod, looking forward to the additions!

Thank you!

hooligan960
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hooligan960 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:03 pm

so i'm enjoying the mod I am wanting to know where I download the rest of the mod, to enjoy the hole experience of the mod.

libajto
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by libajto » Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:49 am

The prerequisite of mechanical engineer 2 is itself.
I have tried to change the code with the one provided but alas.

prerequisites = {"mechanical-engineer-2"},

type = "technology",
name = "mechanical-engineer-2",
icon = "__FactorioBasics-Core__/graphics/technology/mechanical-engineer-1.png",
icon_size = 64,
prerequisites = {"mechanical-engineer-2"},

I have tried to replace "mechanical-engineer-2" with "mechanical-engineer-1" but that did not work.

Return to “Mods”