AAI Progamable Structure - Issue with combinator

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
LazerNAME55
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

AAI Progamable Structure - Issue with combinator

Post by LazerNAME55 »

Hello all, i have an issue with the tile scanner.

i cant seem to get the decider combinator to output a signal when the tile scanner sends a signal for an ore tile.
im learning from nilaus's youtube tutorial, i have it set up like his, but i just dont get any signal out of the combinator whenever there is an ore signal from the tile scanner.

Any Help would be appreciated :)

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: AAI Progamable Structure - Issue with combinator

Post by mmmPI »

You can post blueprint string on the forum, or a savegame that would show the problematic situation at play, otherwise it's guessing what could be wrong . The particular nilau's video where the setup is shown could be useful to see too.

I have encountered problem of things not displaying because i had missconfigured ID of entity or because i had connected the wires in the wrong side of a AAI structure as some of them aren't are symetric as they look and i think it's also possible to "hide" some signals being displayed by those structures in settings.

Any of that could be the cause ?

LazerNAME55
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LazerNAME55 »

i have attacted a pic of nilaus's layout.

ATM im working with copper ore.
The setup that i have is as follows:
Constant Combinator - Distance signal = 100
Arithmetic combinator 1 - input = X Tile Position signal + 0, Output = X Tile Position signal
Arithmetic combinator 2 - input = Y Tile Position signal + 0, Output = Y Tile Position signal
Decider Combinator 1 - Condition = Copper Ore > 0, Output = Orange Cross
Decider Combinator 2 - Condition = Anything > 0, Output = Green Signal
Decider Combinator 3 - Condition = Green Signal > 0, Output = Evereything

Arithmetic combinators 1 and 2 takes signal from tile scanner and sends to decider combinator 3
decider combinator 1 takes signal from tile scanner, sends to decider combinator 2 which sends to decider combinatoer 3
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (719.43 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Screenshot_6.png
Screenshot_6.png (475.4 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Screenshot_5.png
Screenshot_5.png (254.85 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (217.95 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (564.57 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (623.7 KiB) Viewed 297 times
Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (516.87 KiB) Viewed 297 times

LazerNAME55
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LazerNAME55 »

This is a blueprint of my setup

Code: Select all

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

mmmPI
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mmmPI »

From what i have tested the blueprint should work if there are ressources tiles in a distance less than the number in the left most constant combinator. I went to editor mod and created a gigantic copper patch, and placed the blueprint inside with a distance of only 5 tiles, so that i would be sure the scan occur in a tile with ressources and it managed to find them.

Maybe the settings for things that are displayed are making it difficult to see or cause error, i hid most of them and slowed down the machine in editor mode to get a better chance at seeing what happened :
it works for me.jpg
it works for me.jpg (204.85 KiB) Viewed 235 times
I think it is part of another machine that would paint the zone in the different tiles that are detected ? it should let the X and Y coordinate of the tile through if there was copper detected on it ?

With the setting from the picture it will only scan 6 tile per second instead of 60, and will keep showing each result for the duration of 10 ticks, instead of just 1. With a small distance and the contraption right on the ore patch the result is immediate.

Otherwise it can take a lot of time if the distance is large for ore to be found.

LazerNAME55
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LazerNAME55 »

mmmPI wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:35 pm
From what i have tested the blueprint should work if there are ressources tiles in a distance less than the number in the left most constant combinator. I went to editor mod and created a gigantic copper patch, and placed the blueprint inside with a distance of only 5 tiles, so that i would be sure the scan occur in a tile with ressources and it managed to find them.

Maybe the settings for things that are displayed are making it difficult to see or cause error, i hid most of them and slowed down the machine in editor mode to get a better chance at seeing what happened :
it works for me.jpg

I think it is part of another machine that would paint the zone in the different tiles that are detected ? it should let the X and Y coordinate of the tile through if there was copper detected on it ?

With the setting from the picture it will only scan 6 tile per second instead of 60, and will keep showing each result for the duration of 10 ticks, instead of just 1. With a small distance and the contraption right on the ore patch the result is immediate.

Otherwise it can take a lot of time if the distance is large for ore to be found.
I just tried going into the filters and disabled all except tile and resources, works a treat now, with the zone controler it marks the zone on tiles with the ore. It must've been too many signals coming through that it was drowning out the resource signal.

Thankyou for your assistance :D

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”