Bugs and problems

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Bugs and problems

Post by fregate84 »

To help you On 3rd pb (locomotive don't work with cargo-wagon-accumulator) :
ScreenShot002.jpg
ScreenShot002.jpg (16.98 KiB) Viewed 9059 times
fregate84 wrote:
2/ An other bug : when a delete a gun-wagon, the gun is not delete on game.

Put the war-wagon back and try to take it again
workaround is working well. But still a bug somewere :-)

fregate84
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by fregate84 »

One other graphic bug. turret are not in the middle of the wagon :
ScreenShot004.jpg
ScreenShot004.jpg (25.2 KiB) Viewed 9053 times
ScreenShot003.jpg
ScreenShot003.jpg (30.28 KiB) Viewed 9053 times

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

fregate84 wrote:One other graphic bug. turret are not in the middle of the wagon :
ScreenShot004.jpg
ScreenShot003.jpg
Yes, and i dont know how to fix it, i can try to put it in center but its impossible

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Error when starting Factorio with the 5dim pack I downloaded from the website right now:

Code: Select all

1.811 Error Util.cpp:49: File __5dim_decoration__/graphics/icon/concrete2A.png not found
The letter in the filename in the mod zip is lowercase (concrete2a.png), the other concrete... files are fine. The error occurs only in the zip file, if you extract it it works, although it's still mislabeled in the folder (tried on windows 7).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Ringkeeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ringkeeper »

i downloaded the core and the trains module today, so latest version but i also get the same error (entity_prototype) as posted before in the moment i stop the train with the turret in reach of enemies.

Screenshot with the error:
http://imgur.com/gRieGCT

*edit* has nothing to do with the enemies. Loaded the game and drove a bit , stoped, drove, stoped and after 3. stop it crashed.

*edit2* laser worked now for some time until the waggon got destroyed by the aliens:
http://imgur.com/ghyqZXE

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Both problems will be fixed in next release ty for reports

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Creat »

I've first tried 5dims a few days ago and am loving it so far.

There is an issue with the "Extra speed [left|right] inserter": They are listed fine in the crafting menu and toolbar/inventory, but as soon as you picke them up or place them into the world, the tooltip turns into "Unknown key: entity-name.5d-...". There is a similar issue with the pollution module, which always shows this error though. I've put up an Imgur-Album of those two issues.

Then I have a question about the progression: It seems there's been an oversight with the side-inserters, as all technologies (Side inserters 1 - 3) require only 10 red science packs. With the other Inserter-technologies they additionally require green (level 2 and 3) and blue science (level 3 only). The fact that i's only 10 science packs also seems a bit low to be honest, especially for levels 2 and 3.
I was really confused there for a while why I had extra-speed side inserters, but not extra-speed "anything else" inserters :)

Otherwise thanks for a great mod!

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Creat wrote:I've first tried 5dims a few days ago and am loving it so far.

There is an issue with the "Extra speed [left|right] inserter": They are listed fine in the crafting menu and toolbar/inventory, but as soon as you picke them up or place them into the world, the tooltip turns into "Unknown key: entity-name.5d-...". There is a similar issue with the pollution module, which always shows this error though. I've put up an Imgur-Album of those two issues.

Then I have a question about the progression: It seems there's been an oversight with the side-inserters, as all technologies (Side inserters 1 - 3) require only 10 red science packs. With the other Inserter-technologies they additionally require green (level 2 and 3) and blue science (level 3 only). The fact that i's only 10 science packs also seems a bit low to be honest, especially for levels 2 and 3.
I was really confused there for a while why I had extra-speed side inserters, but not extra-speed "anything else" inserters :)

Otherwise thanks for a great mod!
I will fix it tomorrow (i expect it)

And thanks you for you feedback ^^
daniel34 wrote:Error when starting Factorio with the 5dim pack I downloaded from the website right now:

1.811 Error Util.cpp:49: File __5dim_decoration__/graphics/icon/concrete2A.png not found
The letter in the filename in the mod zip is lowercase (concrete2a.png), the other concrete... files are fine. The error occurs only in the zip file, if you extract it it works, although it's still mislabeled in the folder (tried on windows 7).
Ringkeeper wrote:i downloaded the core and the trains module today, so latest version but i also get the same error (entity_prototype) as posted before in the moment i stop the train with the turret in reach of enemies.

Screenshot with the error:
http://imgur.com/gRieGCT

*edit* has nothing to do with the enemies. Loaded the game and drove a bit , stoped, drove, stoped and after 3. stop it crashed.

*edit2* laser worked now for some time until the waggon got destroyed by the aliens:
http://imgur.com/ghyqZXE

All bug are fixed now, you can redownload trains and decoration modules ^^

naidis
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by naidis »

the 5dim_decoration_2.1.0.zip was updated but the mod pack is not.
people who download mod packs still have this error.
File __5dim_decoration__/graphics/icon/concrete2A.png not found

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

The problem has been solved. Thanks !!

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

naidis wrote:the 5dim_decoration_2.1.0.zip was updated but the mod pack is not.
people who download mod packs still have this error.
File __5dim_decoration__/graphics/icon/concrete2A.png not found
You need redownload pack (or just decoration mod)

mikestuart30
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikestuart30 »

Hi 5Dimm team

I have used your mod pack before and everything went great. Since the new Steam release I updated the mod pack but now when I try to launch it the 5Dimm trains keeps crashing the mod load on startup. Some of the errors are shown below. Everything works fine when I take that mod out.
2.839 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-large-rail' does not exist.
2.865 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-rail' does not exist.
*edit - I re-downloaded the latest pack today in case I had missed an update and I am still getting the same issues.**

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

mikestuart30 wrote:Hi 5Dimm team

I have used your mod pack before and everything went great. Since the new Steam release I updated the mod pack but now when I try to launch it the 5Dimm trains keeps crashing the mod load on startup. Some of the errors are shown below. Everything works fine when I take that mod out.
2.839 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-large-rail' does not exist.
2.865 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-rail' does not exist.
*edit - I re-downloaded the latest pack today in case I had missed an update and I am still getting the same issues.**
Can you send me save.zip and mod folder?

I can play without problems

mikestuart30
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikestuart30 »

McGuten wrote:

Can you send me save.zip and mod folder?

I can play without problems
I cant give a save game as I cant get in with the 5dimm trains mod in the mod folder. I have uploaded a copy of my mods to my onedrive - link below

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=9 ... lder%2czip

The following mods are disabled via Factorio Menu:
1) Blueprint flipper
2) Foreman
3) %dimm Decoration

Thanks for this, I appreciate the time and effort you are putting in :ugeek:

dafire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dafire »

Hi,

I was using the request wagon and had locked all slots to specific items but the bots continued to put items in the wagon... after I moved the train there is now an invisible request chest on the track.... and I can't delete it. .. the name is entity-name:logistic-chest.

How can I get rid of it?

And maybe a newb question.. but how do I connect power rails to my power grid ?

Thanks,
dafire

Fissure
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fissure »

Hi there, first of all thanks for a very nice mod!

It seems I have an issue with not seeing the standard extended transport belts and pipelines. I can see the faster ones and copper and upwards for the pipes with +30 and +50 markings.
But the like I said the standard ones are missing. Not sure what the issue is? :S

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

It seems to me that a lot of the modded modules have wrong description keys.
Most items there are called "missing key: ....", which is also true for the technologies.

Creat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Creat »

Hi again!

I'm honestly a bit confused as to how the mod is updated. The version numbers haven't changed, but at least the core was updated (size has changed), but the upload date is also still the original one. How do I tell which file was updated?
I did update to the most recent files of core and automation, but the inserter and pollution module names are still broken (as I mentioned in this post).

Updating the core mod did break the crafting menu slightly (see the icon for the "transport" category): http://imgur.com/K2RIg4N

Otherwise I'm having quite a lot of fun with this mod, thanks again for making it!

Fissure
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Fissure »

You can ignore my bug issue with the extended standard pipes and transports. Restarted a new game and they now appear. Must have been something wrong with my mod setup when I started my previous game!

axazol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axazol »

Looks like the problem is in FARL's data-final-fixes.lua file. I was got similar error.

Temporal solution
Replace:

for _, ent in pairs(data.raw["electric-pole"]) do
  if ent.maximum_wire_distance and ent.maximum_wire_distance > 0 and not vanilla[ent.name] then
    table.insert(metarecipe.ingredients, {ent.name, ent.maximum_wire_distance*10})
  end
end
With:

local dimpoles = {["electric-pole-trans"]=true, ["electric-pole-rail"]=true, ["electric-pole-large-rail"]=true}
for _, ent in pairs(data.raw["electric-pole"]) do
  if not dimpoles[ent.name] and ent.maximum_wire_distance and ent.maximum_wire_distance > 0 and not vanilla[ent.name] then
    table.insert(metarecipe.ingredients, {ent.name, ent.maximum_wire_distance*10})
  end
end

Return to “5dim's mod”