[0.10.6][slpwnd] toolbar filter removed but image stays

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Post Reply
arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:08 am
Contact:

[0.10.6][slpwnd] toolbar filter removed but image stays

Post by arl85 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:38 pm

as already noted here when you remove a filter on toolbar image of (former) filtered item is retained.
I'm quite sure it's a recent bug, because I don't remember seeing it in last versions
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.10.6] toolbar filter removed but image not cleared

Post by slpwnd » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:02 pm

I couldn't reproduce this. Removing the filter clears the image as expected. However, it could be related to this though (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=5130). I use alt + left / alt + right click to set / clear the filter (because I have only two mouse buttons :)).

JLBShecky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:27 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.10.6] toolbar filter removed but image not cleared

Post by JLBShecky » Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:08 pm

I have seen this happen once, but only once on 10.3 with a modded item, but it has never happened again, and come to think of it I have never tried to set a modded item filter on the toolbar and clear it since then.

[Edit]

Ok I think I figured out what caused it in my case. It seems that if you have a filter set and you flip the top and bottom rows of the toobelt then the filter icons will not update till you flip them again. You are able to put the new item into the slot but they will display the old item and not the new one. Also as depicted below, if you clear a slot filter in it's bugged state, it will retain the filter icon until you flip the rows again and then it will return to working normally.

Image

arl85
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter
Posts: 162
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:08 am
Contact:

Re: [0.10.6] toolbar filter removed but image not cleared

Post by arl85 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:35 pm

slpwnd wrote:I couldn't reproduce this. Removing the filter clears the image as expected. However, it could be related to this though (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=7&t=5130). I use alt + left / alt + right click to set / clear the filter (because I have only two mouse buttons :)).
Yes, I think it's related; I'm using mouse wheel to remove filter
Do you need help taking screenshots in-game? have a look to my guide to calculate screenshot dimensions

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff
Posts: 1836
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:51 pm
Contact:

Re: [0.10.6][slpwnd] toolbar filter removed but image stays

Post by slpwnd » Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:32 am

JLBShecky wrote: Ok I think I figured out what caused it in my case. It seems that if you have a filter set and you flip the top and bottom rows of the toobelt then the filter icons will not update till you flip them again. You are able to put the new item into the slot but they will display the old item and not the new one. Also as depicted below, if you clear a slot filter in it's bugged state, it will retain the filter icon until you flip the rows again and then it will return to working normally.
Thanks for the precise description. This was indeed the cause of an error. It will be fixed in the 0.10.7.
arl85 wrote:Yes, I think it's related; I'm using mouse wheel to remove filter
Interesting coincidence :) Anyway this will be fixed as well in the 0.10.7.

Post Reply

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users