[1.1.76] crash when autosaving (ReplaySaver::saveToFile)

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
CPX16
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.76] crash when autosaving (ReplaySaver::saveToFile)

Post by CPX16 »

Hi,

What did I do?
- I have a game where I am constantly getting crashes from autosave. (last one after 4 autosaves). Game is unmodded but runs on linux.

What happened?
- When autosave starts it crashes and tells me it has crashed and asks if want to open location of the log files

What did I expect?
- Autosave not to crash. I have not encountered this when manually saving but that is far less common

Does it happen always:
- Happens quite often and because of it I decreased the autosave interval to 1 min

Reproducing:
Have attached save running for maybe 5-10 minutes and I have crashed about 9/10 times (with 1 min save interval)

Whenever I've tried to read the log files it seems to have something to do with:
/tmp/factorio-build-uF5Grl/libraries/zlib/deflate.c (1652): deflate_fast

and
/tmp/factorio-build-uF5Grl/src/Input/ReplaySaver.cpp (39): ReplaySaver::saveToFile(PackageWriterPath const&)

I'm attaching 2 cases of logs and game save + broken game save
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
latest autosave
(16.63 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
_autosave1.tmp.zip
broken autosave
(5.5 MiB) Downloaded 35 times
factorio-previous.log
(10.57 KiB) Downloaded 38 times
factorio-current.log
(8.6 KiB) Downloaded 43 times

CPX16
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.76] crash when autosaving (ReplaySaver::saveToFile)

Post by CPX16 »

Update:

It seems that after I stopped killing spawners / worms (when this started to be so frequent that I remember thinking about it I was in the middle of killing large amount of enemy bases) the crashes stopped / are much less common. Don't know if this is related but the change is significant. (or it's something else idk...)

CPX16
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.76] crash when autosaving (ReplaySaver::saveToFile)

Post by CPX16 »

I believe this might have something to do with my main system running on linux. I've been playing this on my windows pc for maybe 10-15 hours now without any crashes and as soon as I switch to linux I get regular (not as frequent as earlier) crashes (the logs still contain the same errors).

Return to “1 / 0 magic”