lay repeating underground pipes like power lines

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: lay repeating underground pipes like power lines

Post by Ojelle »

I toughd this behaviour of pipes would be nice at first. Then I realized you only need this in places where you come a lot wich isnt that much. The other places you can just build standard pipe with every 100 pieces an opening or so. You wont come there that much anyway. (not on my maps.) So I dont think its that neccesairy. Just give it a try to use standard pipes! They look nicer too then these hopping things.
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

A Kovarex-solution would be to implement the promised underground-layer. ;) I think, this is indeed, what's behind this relatively "simple" suggestion.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

knunkel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Underground pipe placement

Post by knunkel »

It would be a great thing if the underground pipe had a simular feature like the electric poles have that automaticly spaces the next pipe ending at the maximum underground pipe distance.
The only difference beeing that for the pipe it needs to toggle instead of have a constant gap size.

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Underground pipe placement

Post by quinor »

Already suggested multiple times, also ready for implementation.

https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =68&t=2388

knunkel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Underground pipe placement

Post by knunkel »

awsome :)

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Topics merged because obviously related :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

sabriath
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sabriath »

I would like a special case addition to this idea....holding shift should ignore special case expansions and rotations. For example, pipes and underground belts currently flip when you place it down, if we do the "hold" special case, then you end up drawing out the lines at maximum distance, which is perfectly fine for me....but, If I were to hold down shift, I'd like the pipes and undergrounds belts to be laid down directly without altering direction at all, so that I can place them in parallel strips.

EstebanLB
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by EstebanLB »

sabriath wrote:I would like a special case addition to this idea....holding shift should ignore special case expansions and rotations. For example, pipes and underground belts currently flip when you place it down, if we do the "hold" special case, then you end up drawing out the lines at maximum distance, which is perfectly fine for me....but, If I were to hold down shift, I'd like the pipes and undergrounds belts to be laid down directly without altering direction at all, so that I can place them in parallel strips.
This behaviour is the best one IMO, just a click and hold mechanic so we can set parallel pipes

AntiElitz
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Underground belt placing like poles

Post by AntiElitz »

Merged with existing topic
-- daniel34

Placing long underground pipelines can be a pain. It would be helpful if underground pipes would behave the same way as poles. Just hold click down and drag and they extend at max range automatically.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Can be moved to implemented, cause it was in http://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-131

Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”