Spidertron roboport control

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Spidertron roboport control

Post by tk0421 »

Can we get a sidebar toggle to turn spidertron roboports on/off?

or maybe just make the existing one function for spidertron when we are holding the remote?

I keep getting low energy bots all over the place because they jump out for some random task that shouldnt be assigned to them while spidertron travels between destinations. would love to be able to stop this, as well as depleting its inventory resources before it arrives at a new destination for a build.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Spidertron roboport control

Post by Koub »

If - and until - this is implemented, maybe this feature exists / could be added to : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Shortcuts-ick ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

tk0421 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 pm
Koub wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:52 am
If - and until - this is implemented, maybe this feature exists / could be added to : https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Shortcuts-ick ?
It can and it has been. Check out the newest version. I had this on my todo list already and finally got around to implement it.

PS: sorry for the self promotion ;)
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:34 pm
It can and it has been. Check out the newest version. I had this on my todo list already and finally got around to implement it.
Good job :)
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

tk0421
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by tk0421 »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
tk0421 wrote:
Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:02 pm
Koub wrote:
Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:52 am

PS: sorry for the self promotion ;)
sweet, thanks!

guy smiley
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by guy smiley »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
To be clear, it hasn't. You implemented a setting to conveniently turn Spidertron Roboports off while moving. (I think. I don't actually use that mod, but that's what I get from reading the changelogs). The original request was for an option to toggle them on/off. As in, at all times, stationary or moving, like there already is for the player's own Roboports. Not blaming you, mind, it's probably hard to do. Just clarifying.

Now hopefully any devs skimming over this forum post won't assume it's been solved by modding when it largely hasn't.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

guy smiley wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:13 am
ickputzdirwech wrote:
To be clear, it hasn't. You implemented a setting to conveniently turn Spidertron Roboports off while moving. (I think. I don't actually use that mod, but that's what I get from reading the changelogs). The original request was for an option to toggle them on/off. As in, at all times, stationary or moving, like there already is for the player's own Roboports. Not blaming you, mind, it's probably hard to do. Just clarifying.

Now hopefully any devs skimming over this forum post won't assume it's been solved by modding when it largely hasn't.
Um, don’t you think you should have tested it first then before posting? Maybe the text in the change log is wrong. Unless you try it, you have no way of knowing.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Yes, there is disable logistics while moving which prevents their roboports from activating while they walk, this is what they added. Different yes, but works most of the time.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

MEOWMI wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:32 am
Yes, there is disable logistics while moving which prevents their roboports from activating while they walk, this is what they added. Different yes, but works most of the time.
Sorry, it works *when that's what you want*. If that is *not* want to want, when you want/need the actual "turn spidertron roboports OFF*, then it just completely 100% DOESN'T.

Not expecting this to be implemented anyway, mind…

1WheelDude
Inserter
Inserter

Post by 1WheelDude »

Check the mods discussion page, the dev is looking into it as of a couple of weeks ago.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”