Controlling robot distribution

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

CERN_Fan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Controlling robot distribution

Post by CERN_Fan »

I'd like to have a way to manually controll the distribution of robots across my facility/roboports. Currently robots that finished their task just go to the closest Roboport, which can result in a lot of unnecessary additional travel time once they get thier next task. You could improve the speed at which things are transported trough and build within your logistic network once your factory becomes very spead out by having them automaticly move back to where their next task will probably be.

To realise this I'd suggest adding a new building based on the roboport that allows players to do this at a central point. it would be really nice if this building would also show you the amount of robots that are currently in the system.

You could also realise my suggestion by giving each roboport a "minimal amount of x robots" setting, but I'd prefer the seperate building, because it's more elegant and less chaotic to organize.

I know that problems regaring big logistic networks are not relevant for all players and are therefore probably not a high priority, but I'd still like to see something like this at some point, especially if factroys become more complex in the future.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Controlling robot distribution

Post by DaveMcW »

In the future this will be possible by having a smart inserter remove construction bots from the roboport.

I like the idea of a limit on roboport slots.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Controlling robot distribution

Post by ssilk »

There is another very similar suggestion: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... tion+robot* Distribution of Robots

In short: I don't see much game-value in controlling the distribution of the bots by hand/the player. I think a computer can do this job much better. I want a very simple, but automatic distribution control. The roboports "pre-request" some free bots, if in their area are more transport outside, instead to inside.

Besides that:I don't know if a special building is needed, but what I (also) see are those needs:
- Overview over an logistic network (currently the map view is too small)
- Statistics over the usage, workload of the bots, that can be used to
- A very simple automatic distribution system (Said above)
- calculate the optimal number of bots in a network and request it or remove it
- Number of maximum items per item-type for each network. This is the most special: Currently we need to adjust eventually a number of green inserters to raise the number of green crircuits in a network. This number can also be used to know, how much items should be put into this network from outside.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”