[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.7] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by aklesey1 »

Questions

1) Why u don't using frames and rotors or may be your analogs of these elements - for storage tanks - like in dytech now? its more logical, if we want things to be realistic
Personally I don't mind building up long chains for recipes
Idea with dytech cobalt is really unlucky, not as much as it might seem at first look
Now its offtop, but i sure cobalt plates and cobalt steel from dytech can be used for somewhere in another recipies if u solve to use that
After reading a bit about the cobalt I saw that this material is durable, now i can understand dysoch solution

2)
The reason why I don't use cobalt plates and DyTech does is that I'm using Realistic Cobalt, and he's using Mythical cobalt.

What did u mean when you said mythical? I don't want to argue with you, but I'm curious why you think so
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Rotors and Frames in Tanks are not a bit more real. Ever seen a Oiltank? it's a damn metalsheet cylinder with a circle that floats on the liquid as roof and conections for pipes.

Dytechs intermediats are mainly to raise the effort and price of the endproduct, and in my opinion not seldom unnecessary, like a frame with 15 circuts for a Steelfurnace that itself isn't really much more than a steelpipe under which burns a fire. Why? Can that thing suddenly communicate with earth?

The second thing is, Cobalt is mostly an alloy-element or used as sulfat, oxid and so on in paint, "Cobaltplates" or the Metal itself isn't really use in modern technic.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I do plan to add a few extra intermediates to the mining drills, but other than that, I have very few changes planned for building entities.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Takezu wrote:Rotors and Frames in Tanks are not a bit more real. Ever seen a Oiltank? it's a damn metalsheet cylinder with a circle that floats on the liquid as roof and conections for pipes.

Dytechs intermediats are mainly to raise the effort and price of the endproduct, and in my opinion not seldom unnecessary, like a frame with 15 circuts for a Steelfurnace that itself isn't really much more than a steelpipe under which burns a fire. Why? Can that thing suddenly communicate with earth?

The second thing is, Cobalt is mostly an alloy-element or used as sulfat, oxid and so on in paint, "Cobaltplates" or the Metal itself isn't really use in modern technic.
Okey thanks for the explanation about cobalt using )))
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I'm fairly sure I explained the cobalt recently, about how it is an alloy metal, and DyTech's use of it is along the lines of Mythical(Unrealistic) metals, like Mythril, Adamantite, and Unobtainium. it must have been in a different topic.
I also have a Patreon.

dark angel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dark angel »

uh hi i don't know why but some reason i'm getting bug the recipe id brass-pipe with if i have dytech active i have ur latest version you said witch should fix the problem but it didn't work for me.

Buggi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Buggi »

I had that same brass-pipe problem.

How I fixed it was thusly:

In migrations\boblogistics_0.1.1.lua:

Code: Select all

--  if force.technologies["zinc-processing"] then
--    if force.technologies["zinc-processing"].researched then
--      force.recipes["brass-pipe"].enabled = true
--      force.recipes["brass-pipe-to-ground"].enabled = true
--    end
--  end
Note the -- for code that is commented out!

And in prototypes\technology-updates.lua:

if data.raw.technology["lava-smelting-06"] then
  table.insert(data.raw.technology["lava-smelting-06"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "bronze-pipe"})
  table.insert(data.raw.technology["lava-smelting-06"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "bronze-pipe-to-ground"})

--  table.insert(data.raw.technology["lava-smelting-06"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "brass-pipe"})
--  table.insert(data.raw.technology["lava-smelting-06"].effects,{type = "unlock-recipe", recipe = "brass-pipe-to-ground"})
end
Note the -- commented out lines.

This fixed the issue, although you cannot build brass pipes, there are plenty of other options. :)
- Buggi -
Here's my Humble YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/FlexibleGames

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Problem with that is, brass pipe is in one of the MK2 Machines requierd, not being able to build them blocks not only the MK2 it blocks the whole line.

Buggi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Buggi »

Oh, yeah, I'm not using Dytech machines as Bob adds higher tiers already.
- Buggi -

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

If the brass-pipe item doesn't exist, my recipe will try to use something else instead, most likely iron pipe.

I'm going to have to look into this. add more safeguards, change some others...
I also have a Patreon.

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

I've noticed an oddity with your MK2 and 3 Trains.
Either that or my system is crappy as hell.

I've updatet round about 12 trains form standart vanilla to MK2
and my game update went down from 59 to 50. Checking the f5 debugging shows that the
Entityupdate is significant higher?

I didn't changed the cargos is that part of the problem?

ANd yes i've only changed the trains, thats why i'm wondering
i thought your MK's where only the standart train with more speed an a fuel slot
never thought it would have any kind of impact on the UPS.

Buggi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Buggi »

Quick question, why didn't you include "Smart" variations of the express inserters? There has been many times I needed them.
- Buggi -

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The Express inserters were originally going to be smart, before I realised you can't just place them and have them do their job without setting them up.

The inserters I've already added are enough of a flood that I didn't really want to add more than I already have, so I made it so you basically have the choice between Smarts, or dumb speed.
I also have a Patreon.

killwort
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by killwort »

Well, I've a use for express smart inserters too.
Imagine following layout (I use stuff like that as a template for drone construction):

-----   -----
|Ass|<R>|Ass|
|emb|>P<|emb|
|ler|<R>|ler|
-----   -----
<> are inserters, P is provider chest, R is requester chest. Provider chest is connected with local wire network to smart inserters putting into it, and smart inserters are limited to put no more than several stacks of product.

When your assemblers are normal (even MK6) smart inserters can keep up with production output, even if you producing, say, iron gears with base rate 1 item/0.5 sec.
However, when you use speed (MK8)/god (MK5) modules output chain becomes the main bottleneck. On input side I put express inserters, as they "know" what assebmler demands and provide good throughput (20 items/sec?), and on the output I'm stuck with smart inserters with 4 items/0.5 sec performance. Assembler MK6 fully fitted with MK5 god modules has speed somewhere around 40 and capable of making something like 100 gears/sec (actually slower, 20-50/sec, as game engine doesn't allow to produce that fast - there would be stoppages caused by input inserters reaction time and assembler production delays).

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

You could also space the assemblers and the chest one space more out and use smart longhandet and smart long in standart inserter in double row.
doubles your output.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah, you can use long, and long in short out inserters to use twice as many inserters on each side. You can also use more than one side of the machine.
I also have a Patreon.

snoopydude
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by snoopydude »

Bob,

I am brand new to your mods. I wanted to know how the robochests are supposed to be used. Is there a wiki for your mods? Thanks for your help. Your mods look really good, both content and graphics. Thanks for making them. :D

Takezu
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Takezu »

Robochest is like a roboport, but without a Supply an construction area. You can use logistic zone expander to set both areas.

factorio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.11.x][v0.1.5] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by factorio »

lysmy wrote:Hello,

this happens very often with all kind of materials, ores, plates etc.

sometimes it helps if items are picked manually from tunnel entrance but after a while it could jam again. however if it's first goes through blue tunnel, it normally works with faster tunnels without problems.

factorio 0.11.8
bob's logistics 0.1.5 (and all other bob's mods, latests versions)

thanks for awesome mods!

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

snoopydude wrote:Bob,

I am brand new to your mods. I wanted to know how the robochests are supposed to be used. Is there a wiki for your mods? Thanks for your help. Your mods look really good, both content and graphics. Thanks for making them. :D
Robochests, one of the few graphics I actually made myself :3
Place them inside an existing robo-logistics zone as defined by a roboport, or Logistic Zone Expander (LZE) and it will link in with the network. Then it basically acts as a robot storage area, with a single charging port. You can store lots more robots in one of these, and is much smaller in size than a full roboport.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”