0.15 - plans?

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 0.15 - plans?

Post by ukezi »

there is an auto barreling mod that just gets fluid input and creates the barrels or inverse.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

dauphin wrote:I'll just randomly chime in here and say I'd really like to see support re-added for a small barrelling entity. I'm an unapologetic logistics-bot-abuser, and my 0.14 saves had massive oil processing facilities that relied on inline barreling and unbarrelling in the 2x1 pumps with a bare minimum of pipes, so that all liquid transport beyond about 4 tiles went through the logistics network. It made for virtually unlimited throughput, as well as being virtually infinitely tileable. And everything fit in between two rows of beacons. I'm very happy that vanilla rectifies the issue of not being able to barrel other fluids, but having to put them through a (relatively huge) assembler leaves me cold.

I'd even like to suggest that perhaps the smaller barreling entities (i.e. not-vanilla-assemblers) could be somewhat later-game (call them 'micro pumps'!), so that the super compact designs would have to wait until later in the game anyway. But that's a minor request.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
I am already considering bringing back a barrelling entity.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi Bobingabout, have u plans for changing science packs in 0.15?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi Bobingabout, have u plans for changing science packs in 0.15?
there is a topic dedicated to it, the issue is... change to what?

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=46637
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

dauphin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dauphin »

bobingabout wrote:
dauphin wrote:I'll just randomly chime in here and say I'd really like to see support re-added for a small barrelling entity. I'm an unapologetic logistics-bot-abuser, and my 0.14 saves had massive oil processing facilities that relied on inline barreling and unbarrelling in the 2x1 pumps with a bare minimum of pipes, so that all liquid transport beyond about 4 tiles went through the logistics network. It made for virtually unlimited throughput, as well as being virtually infinitely tileable. And everything fit in between two rows of beacons. I'm very happy that vanilla rectifies the issue of not being able to barrel other fluids, but having to put them through a (relatively huge) assembler leaves me cold.

I'd even like to suggest that perhaps the smaller barreling entities (i.e. not-vanilla-assemblers) could be somewhat later-game (call them 'micro pumps'!), so that the super compact designs would have to wait until later in the game anyway. But that's a minor request.

Anyway, keep up the good work!
I am already considering bringing back a barrelling entity.
yeah, I saw that - just wanted to cast my lot for 'yea', as it were. :)

Return to “Bob's mods”