[0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Keep merged Galena, or change to seperate Lead and Nickel ores?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:05 am

Galena gives Lead and Nickel
56%
Lead and Nickel as seperate ore fields.
11%
Keep Galena, and add another mod that adds Nickel ore fields. (turning Galena to Lead ore)
33%

Total votes: 9

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.7] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by Chibiabos »

bobingabout wrote:It may be possible to have the recipe disabled by default, and only enabled if you enable cobalt ore spawning, but, that makes it impossible for the config toggle system to work, since there's no way to detect if the option has changed or not, and therefore no option to turn enable the recipe if the ore was turned on after map creation. (Yes, map creation, not even the point when it would be available in research)

This is one reason why I changed the icon of the advanced copper plates recipe to include cobalt oxide in the picture, people were complaining there was no clear indication that it could be produced by other means, but this changed icon helps. on top of that, the copper plate and cobalt oxide recipe is available side by side with the cobalt oxide and cobalt plate recipe, as such I considered it a non-issue that the "useless" cobaltite to cobalt oxide recipe existed even when no cobalt ore did.
The icons aren't immediately adjacent in my play though I still haven't researched everything. The entire row of icons shows thus far as Gold Plate, 2 x Lead Plate, Cobalt Plate, Advanced copper processing with Cobalt oxide, 2 x Lithium cobalt oxide, Advanced lead processing with Silver ore, Alumina, 2 x Carbon, 2 x Cobalt Oxide, and Lithium Chloride

When I'm looking for ingredients to make something I need, as I think a lot of other players are, I look for the exact icon. The Cobalt oxide mini-icon on the Advanced copper icon is so small its easy to miss. Maybe just use the cobalt oxide icon itself for the Copper process, since there are other product icons duplicated for alternative recipes (Guncotton from Wood or Synthetic wood, for instance)?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Chibiabos wrote: (Guncotton from Wood or Synthetic wood, for instance)?
Although there may be more than 1 recipe to produce this item, or other items, the main reason why these both display the product item It is the only product, in the case of the copper and cobalt oxide recipe, there are 2 products.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Templeo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Templeo »

So, all in all your mods are fantastic, however. It's a really PAIN to find the different ores if you are somewhat colorblind like me, Just spend an hour looking for Tungsten ore, but i give up. Back to vanilla factorio until / if you decide to do something bout it

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Templeo wrote:So, all in all your mods are fantastic, however. It's a really PAIN to find the different ores if you are somewhat colorblind like me, Just spend an hour looking for Tungsten ore, but i give up. Back to vanilla factorio until / if you decide to do something bout it
I'd recommend map labels mod. There is one around and it will place a "fake" station with ore's name so you can read all of them on map.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It's hard enough finding unique colours for someone not colourblind to tell the difference, I have no idea how I'd improve the experience for someone who has more difficulty than the rest of us.
I also have a Patreon.

Templeo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Templeo »

orzelek wrote:
Templeo wrote:So, all in all your mods are fantastic, however. It's a really PAIN to find the different ores if you are somewhat colorblind like me, Just spend an hour looking for Tungsten ore, but i give up. Back to vanilla factorio until / if you decide to do something bout it
I'd recommend map labels mod. There is one around and it will place a "fake" station with ore's name so you can read all of them on map.

Ill give it a go thanks.

Bob, its not just color blinds that are having difficulty, just fyi. Its a shame though, cus your mods are what makes factorio that much better

Sabrewulf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.8] Bob's Ore Mod.

Post by Sabrewulf »

I had trouble getting basic minerals such as lead, in one of my maps the lead easier was protected by 1 enemy base with 6 nests in front, 2 laterals 6 and 1 in center 4. With this I realized that having many minerals different with the current form of map generation is very bad.
It would not be good to implement something to soften it as a tool like ore detector to make sure it can be slow progress?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The difficulty on getting everything you need in the starting area is one of the reasons why I only add 3 that can be found there (Lead, Tin and Quartz), the rest can only be found outside the area (but this is easilly enough to get you to advanced electronics phase, after the oil processing chain)
for advanced electronics 2, you need gold, so that is the first you NEED to leave the starting area to try and find.

With only 3 new ores in the starting area, it should improve the chances that all spawn inside the starting area. there is also a weight system along with specifying if they can be found in the starting area, says if they're more common there, I set it so they should be.

Having said all that, it is still possible that you don't have everything you need in the starting area, some maps just don't work... having said that, it's not always my ores that are missing, some maps lack one or more of the basic 4 ores too.
I also have a Patreon.

cartmen180
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cartmen180 »

bobingabout wrote:some maps lack one or more of the basic 4 ores too.
No access to stone is an instant restart!
Check out my mods

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

cartmen180 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:some maps lack one or more of the basic 4 ores too.
No access to stone is an instant restart!
exactly... so if one of the main 4 resources being missing is a possibility anyway, well, I just increase that to 7.
which, makes it more likely that at least 1 is missing, but it's something that could happen even in base game.
I also have a Patreon.

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

cartmen180 wrote: No access to stone is an instant restart!
I personally use Angles Ores and Angels Refining. They perfectly complement bobs mod and, together with RSO, overhaul the ore system so one could obtain literally every ore in the game from just starting area deposits, through technology and clever design. No longer does every ore require its own on-map deposit, but rather 4 new on-map deposits replace the vanilla and bobs mod deposits(and a few other ones) from which one could, though refining, sorting, and processing, obtain all of the respective ores. For example, basic processing of every ore type gives some stone as well, and iron, copper, lead, tin come from the respective four raw ore's basic processed form. One can combine all four of their highest tier processed forms to get tungsten (it is pretty damn difficult, but still available from the starting zone ore deposits.) Coal is the only untouched vanilla deposit.

Anywho, Angels pretty much fixes all my qualms with bob's ores.

Just some shameless advertising for a mod I find ingeniously useful. :D

Vitriks
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Vitriks »

I don't have cobalt ore at my map. I have bobores_0.13.1 installed. In order to spawn ore I open console command and type /c game.regenerate_entity("cobalt-ore") but I'm getting string error. How to add cobalt ore to existing game?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

/c game.regenerate_entity("cobalt-ore") is correct.
However, by default, cobalt ore is turned off, because you don't need it.
You can turn it on if you really want it by using the config mod.

However, the regenerate_entity command is broken in version 0.13 of factorio, and using it will result in covering the entire map in the specified ore. The alternative is not generating it, and looking further out on your map.

If you are simply playing my mods... then you don't need cobalt ore at all, nothing in any of my mods requires cobalt ORE, there are a few things however that require cobalt OXIDE (Lithium ion batteries, and cobalt steel in bobplates/MCI), which can be obtained using the advanced copper refining recipe, AKA "Cobalt ore from copper", as unlocked via cobalt research.

Does that help?
I also have a Patreon.

Razielxv
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Razielxv »

Im sorry im sure this is has been answered before. But i just seem unable to find it. But i just installed ores. Is there a away to have your ores gen in the world im already playing?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Razielxv wrote:Im sorry im sure this is has been answered before. But i just seem unable to find it. But i just installed ores. Is there a away to have your ores gen in the world im already playing?
First post in this topic gives a command to tell the game to regenerate (spawn) my new ores... HOWEVER, in 0.13 it is broken! if you use it, you get an entire map covered in ores! This is a bug in the base game, not a problem with my mod.
(if you do /c game.regenerate_entity("iron-ore"), then the entire map gets covered in iron ore, a base game resource... so, broken command!)

Alternatively... when a new area of the map is generated due to you exploring, the new areas of map will generate with a chance to contain my ores, just like any other resource.

I hope that helps.
I also have a Patreon.

Atria
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Atria »

I'm using bobores_0.13.1. When using UnsortedGemOre recipe gives one of each ore per recipe because recipe is loaded before setting of probabilities.

In bobores_0.13.1/data.lua call

Code: Select all

require("prototypes.gems")
should be after setting of gem probabilities (ratios).

BAndrisHuN
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BAndrisHuN »

bobingabout wrote:First post in this topic gives a command to tell the game to regenerate (spawn) my new ores... HOWEVER, in 0.13 it is broken! if you use it, you get an entire map covered in ores! This is a bug in the base game, not a problem with my mod.
(if you do /c game.regenerate_entity("iron-ore"), then the entire map gets covered in iron ore, a base game resource... so, broken command!)

Alternatively... when a new area of the map is generated due to you exploring, the new areas of map will generate with a chance to contain my ores, just like any other resource.

I hope that helps.
Is there any way to fix the command? Or do the developers know about it?
Also i found an other way of adding some if you really need them, use this command:

Code: Select all

/c local surface = game.player.surface;
for y=-5,4 do
 for x=-5,4 do
  surface.create_entity({name="cobalt-ore", amount=1234, position={game.player.position.x+x, game.player.position.y+y}})
 end
end
I have no idea how to not make a square tho.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The developers do know about it. It's just a little low priority compared to things that actually crash the game, and stuff.
I also have a Patreon.

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

Is there a way to make it compatible with 5dims mods? I have both and I get 2 versions of tin and so on.

Maja153
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Maja153 »

How do i pump out the ground water and Lithia water?

Return to “Bob's mods”