[0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Iorek
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.14.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by Iorek »

Ah sorry..
first time with factorio mods, I just downloaded all your mods and I am loving it, seem so polished when I found the grid I just assumed It was functional and I was missing something.
lost a week to your Evil mod... still going.

never had an issue with trains getting killed because they are so fast and run things over, but I guess shields etc.. lasers... is all you can really add ??
The battlewagon!
Giant cannons shooting out of trains as they pass creep bases!

Putting a roboport on a train just seems like a sure way to make 1000s of drones try to follow a speeding train!

Great mod :)

AndrolGenhald
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrolGenhald »

An alternator would be cool to use the vehicle's fuel to power its batteries, don't know if it's possible though.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

The plastic recipe change got me last night. I had dragged a long line of coal down and laid out the chemical plants before I noticed it now takes Chlorine and LPG. :lol:

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ratzap wrote:The plastic recipe change got me last night. I had dragged a long line of coal down and laid out the chemical plants before I noticed it now takes Chlorine and LPG. :lol:
Yup. Plastic is now Poly-Vinyl Chloride, rather than Bakelite of whatever that coal-filled crap actually was.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Vandsaz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vandsaz »

All of my bob's mods are red it says they aren't compatible with the current version. Steam says that I am up to date so is it bob's mods or me?
I got rid of Revamp and it's the same problem

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

Vandsaz wrote:All of my bob's mods are red it says they aren't compatible with the current version. Steam says that I am up to date so is it bob's mods or me?
It means that you have to update your mods or you are running a .13 version of factorio on a .14 version of bobs mods

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Firestronk wrote:
Vandsaz wrote:All of my bob's mods are red it says they aren't compatible with the current version. Steam says that I am up to date so is it bob's mods or me?
It means that you have to update your mods or you are running a .13 version of factorio on a .14 version of bobs mods
or vica verca. 0.14 factorio with 0.13 mods.... the previous mentioned 0.13 factorio and 0.14 mods is most likely though, because for some reason the game doesn't check if the mods are compatible before downloading them.
I also have a Patreon.

Vandsaz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Vandsaz »

Firestronk wrote:
I had my factorio game opt out all experimental ones so I just had to change that

Pleschka
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pleschka »

Running Bob's Mods + RSO + Angels and i have a weird problem where my pollution cloud is stuck. It doesn't diminish or expand. It flickers constantly like it's trying to spread but never does. Anyone have any experiences like this? really want that natives attacking.

Timeslice
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Timeslice »

Can we get the "Water Bore" technology and the "Pump" item/building renamed? Maybe something like "Barrel Filler" or something. It doesn't have anything to do with pumping water out of the ground anymore, so the current name is quite misleading.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Timeslice wrote:Can we get the "Water Bore" technology and the "Pump" item/building renamed? Maybe something like "Barrel Filler" or something. It doesn't have anything to do with pumping water out of the ground anymore, so the current name is quite misleading.

I've requested this too :) (at least the pump part)

Also since .15 is gonna see 1x2 pumps when you resize your pumps any chance you can resize your barrel pumps to be 1x2 also.

Water Bore and barrel pumps could be renamed as "Barrel Pumps"

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I can try and do a renaming at some point.

I wasn't going to try and resize them away from 2x2 though, they were originally 1x1, but it was awkward to try and connect the inserters to them properly, which is why I went with 2x2, it gives you the space to put 2 inserters end on, one feeding in, one pulling out. Also, being an assembling machine under the surface, I'm not sure it would handle being non-equal dimensions very well.
I also have a Patreon.

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

bobingabout wrote:I can try and do a renaming at some point.

I wasn't going to try and resize them away from 2x2 though, they were originally 1x1, but it was awkward to try and connect the inserters to them properly, which is why I went with 2x2, it gives you the space to put 2 inserters end on, one feeding in, one pulling out. Also, being an assembling machine under the surface, I'm not sure it would handle being non-equal dimensions very well.
Maybe remodel it a little bit, because water bore pump looks like it is 1x2 entity, but in reality is 2x2. Maybe add second liquid output\input, next to the first one (there can be some pipes added on a side of where blank space now is), to make it symmetrical and better fitting to construction sites.
If its water bore, than there can be some "bore" instead of just blank space...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

There was originally going to be a "pipe to ground" aka, underground pipe coming out of the side of the pump going to ground in the blank space, but that would only fit the water bore, not the air pump, so they would need separate graphics. combine this with the fact that as I was sprite editing the graphics, I was already moving away from the idea of a water bore, and towards a barrelling pump, I decided not to add it. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything else to put in it's place.

I don't mind filling in the blank space to flesh out the entity, the issue is... with what?

If anyone has any suggestions, or even graphics I can edit in, or even someone willing to edit them for me, then, sure, I'll do it.
I also have a Patreon.

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

bobingabout wrote:There was originally going to be a "pipe to ground" aka, underground pipe coming out of the side of the pump going to ground in the blank space, but that would only fit the water bore, not the air pump, so they would need separate graphics. combine this with the fact that as I was sprite editing the graphics, I was already moving away from the idea of a water bore, and towards a barrelling pump, I decided not to add it. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything else to put in it's place.

I don't mind filling in the blank space to flesh out the entity, the issue is... with what?

If anyone has any suggestions, or even graphics I can edit in, or even someone willing to edit them for me, then, sure, I'll do it.
How about 2 pumps working in parallel? or just a 1, but bigger one then (same graphics as vanila, but just 2x size).
If its bareling pump, maybe just half of an assembling machine will fit there?

Its not the best solutions but that is better than what mod has nowdays imo.

I also thought of some kind of the "filter" that would fit both air compressor and water (filling the barrels with crude kinda out of tune there, but still is okay, it can be just a very rough filter, fending some rocks off), but its kind of hard to make graphic for it, because i cant even imagine how it should look like on 1x2 space. Maybe some1 knows how industrial-like filter looks.

doxsroxs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doxsroxs »

I agree any sort of boxy structure would fit. Look at compressors, they have cooling fins on exposed electric motors or air vents/intakes to cool the electric motors inside. Possibly some sort of belt drive in conjunction with it if you have exposed motors. (exposed might be more work though)
Should be generic enough to look good on both types. Or do you need to copy parts of existing ingame sprites?
If so maybe it could be as simple as adding half a titanium or tungsten storage box with altered colors. (it has some sort of vent like structure to it)
Send train to station ID using combinator signal is a long overdue feature!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74663

marcelgrilo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marcelgrilo »

what kind of item am i supposed to insert on a car/tank grid, none of my power armor works...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

marcelgrilo wrote:what kind of item am i supposed to insert on a car/tank grid, none of my power armor works...
The ones in a mod I'm working on but haven't released yet.
I also have a Patreon.

marcelgrilo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marcelgrilo »

bobingabout wrote:
marcelgrilo wrote:what kind of item am i supposed to insert on a car/tank grid, none of my power armor works...
The ones in a mod I'm working on but haven't released yet.
ohh thanks:)

aTeLe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by aTeLe »

I just saw that there is a mod that adds better Repair Packs to the game based on your materials. But that Mod is horrible - I think since you improve almost everything in your mods, I think better repair packs which you build with titanium or Tungsten would fit well, if you haven't done that already.

Return to “Bob's mods”