Inserters REQUIRE Synthetic Wood

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

DharokTitan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Inserters REQUIRE Synthetic Wood

Post by DharokTitan »

Hello,
I recently downloaded this modpack, and think that it is really fun. However, I noticed that once I finished researching plastics, inserters REQUIRE synthetic wood to be made (Basic circuit and electronic boards no longer accept regular wood in the recipe). This has temporarily halted my ore processing expansion until I set up synthetic wood, which won't take long, but this bug should still be fixed.
Here is a screenshot of the problem http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.c ... B4BA34663/ , I have all of the necessary ingredients in my inventory, except the synthetic wood, which I have regular wood.
EDIT = It appears that wooden boards can still be crafted manually to be able to craft the basic circuit boards, but this is a slight annoyance as I can't simply click on something that requires a circuit anymore without manually crafting the wooden boards for the basic circuits.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Inserters REQUIRE Synthetic Wood

Post by bobingabout »

Yes, a known bug. It's a bug I can't fix unfortunately.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

effreem
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by effreem »

Could you create two separate recipes for that thing? One with real wood and one with synthetic?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

The Problem is in setting up mutiple recipes to get the same item as output. So you only solve it by setting up all the items and recipes in the chain twice, which isnt really what you want. It's basically the lack of an option to set up a specific recipes to be the main way of making an item.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

effreem wrote:Could you create two separate recipes for that thing? One with real wood and one with synthetic?
Already are, but for some dumb reason I can't figure out, Synthetic wood becomes the default. So when you try and build it in your inventory, it looks at this default, sees that it is a possible solution, but you have insufficiant resources to build it, then doesn't look elsewhere even though there is another route that it can use where you have all the parts in your inventory.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

DjTeo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DjTeo »

I found a command that fix it, you should try it.
Write this command in console:

Code: Select all

/c game.player.force.recipes["wooden-board-synthetic"].enabled=false
in multiplayer:
replace player. with players[index]. , where index = player index starting with 1

Code: Select all

/c game.players[1].force.recipes["wooden-board-synthetic"].enabled=false
The recipe of synthentic wooden board disappear from craftin but in the chemical plant didnt disappear, so it can craft it.
I test it in my savegame that I have already researched plastics with the mods.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

And you are still able to select the recipe in chemical plant after this command?

If yes then it's a bug and should go to bug reports ;)

DjTeo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DjTeo »

After the command I cant choose an assembly machine to craft a wooden board from synthetic wood, but if I choose the assembly machine to craft it when the recipe is enabled and then I disable it the assembly machine keep the recipe and it can craft it. So before disable the recipe keep an assembly machine with it so you can copy paste it in other machines if needed. Yeah you can copy paste even if it is disable.
I dont know if in pvp you can copy paste a recipe you havent unlocked yet and if you can then it is a bug, someone need to test it.

Return to “Bob's mods”