Clean or Dirty?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

What type of industry do you run?

Clean: Solar and Effectivity
37%
Dirty: Steam and Productivity
37%
Other
27%

Total votes: 93

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Clean or Dirty?

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Dirty all the way :D, although solar is nice to curb coal requirements and keep those laser turrents in check.

I am rebuilding my mass harvesting assembly line since the last time I built it this game was in version 0.1. Rows of 10-20 smelters being fed by a near endless wave of iron, copper, and coal. I am looking forward to mass producing some of the new stuff that has been added. Last time I played resource deposits didn't last as long so I was depleting an infinite map pretty quickly. Could barely keep up with all the expiring mines.

logarithm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by logarithm »

kovarex wrote:I like the idea of destroying the nature and being the bad guy :)
It would be great if we had time to let the pollution to damage the enviroment somehow.
So maybe simply transmute "alive trees" into "dead trees" after exposition to heavy pollution over some time?
Also pollution damage a bit bitters, so they have reason to attack :)

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

Steam engine/ Accumulator with Effectivity module 1 (x2) in all and my map a msp "The Island" you can have fun :)

Shin
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shin »

I wish I could run an even more dirty factory. More smoking chimneys, chemical wastes and looking how it would change the enviroment. I hope this will get added some day. :D

xattus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by xattus »

Pollution? what is that? :D

I get rid of all the bug bases that could be in range so I can build and pollute as much as I want. Until then I use defense lines where it's necessary.

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AutoMcD »

Somewhere in the middle, but I always eventually go 100% solar.
My main motivation for solar is actually conservation of resources, and in that respect it's often cheaper to drop efficiency modules into things than to build massive solar arrays. But yes it's more convenient that feeding coal into boilers and furnaces. I deal with boilers until the transition makes sense.

In later game when pollution+biters is more of an issue, I take the aggressive approach of squashing any spawners within the pollution zone, and leaving strings of electric out to littler radar outposts. It keeps biters to a minimum if spawners mostly appear outsize the red zone. The smaller the red zone it, the easier of a task this becomes.. but again conserving resources means production modules, which means pollution even when the power is solar.

themapinspector
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by themapinspector »

steam and speed, i don't see any use for productivity

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

very dirty :twisted:

thick layer of wall/turrets .. modules , express belts everywhere..
some mods, like plasma shotgun shells help in late game to clean up anything.. even your own defenses (carefull where you shoot :o :lol: )
i like to use terraforming mod, building my bridges, and aircraft mod.. it become extremely usefull when you start on an island, ..or when you want to make one
i always end building a super large solar and accu field... mostly because i have plenty of iron/steel waiting in warehouses, ..and to cost less coal (25-30 row of 10 steam engines required some coal to run :twisted: )
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

tha_snoetje
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tha_snoetje »

Is dirty green an option ? :) (Playing on a mp server)

In the beginning we used some steam engines, till we had arround 30.
Then build some solar pannels... And some more, and some more....... Now we have 20k+ Solarpannels.
And in most of the buildinga we use productivity modules to save some recources.
We have 2k+ Furnace, and prob 1,5k are filled with productivity lvl 3 modules :)
But we are running out of power again :(

Coffee Daemon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Coffee Daemon »

Dirty, but also running a no-laser run also. Ammo production isnt so bad cause of the damn minefields XD

I LOVE auto minefields

omnipact
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by omnipact »

Dirty to start with, getting up to around 100-150 steam engines.

After the fourth or fifth coal patch is empty it starts getting tedious, and I switch to solar.

Return to “General discussion”