[1.1.25] Crash when starting (GraphicsInterfaceDX11::createPipelineStateObject)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
GLenPLonk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.25] Crash when starting (GraphicsInterfaceDX11::createPipelineStateObject)

Post by GLenPLonk »

Hi,

when I double click on my Factorio desktop icon, the game begin starting. When loading arrives at "cropping bitmap", the little window I've screenshot appears, with a little ta-da-ding (the usual Windows' error sound, I'd say). However, the game seems to continue loading for a bit, and stops at around 40% (its still the "cropping bitmap" step). When I ask the little error window to close, the game's loading screen also shuts off. In addition, the log file is (seemingly) properly generated, you can find it attached.

Thank you,
PLonk

EDIT : I forgot to add that it happens every time I try to start the game. Also, I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling the game, the issue keeps happening. I've also tried with other versions of the game (1.1.26, 1.0.0, 1.1.25demo), nothing changes (aka the game does not launch)
Attachments
factoriocrash.png
factoriocrash.png (171.93 KiB) Viewed 1299 times
factorio-current.log
(16.73 KiB) Downloaded 49 times
Last edited by GLenPLonk on Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.25] Crash when starting (GraphicsInterfaceDX11::createPipelineStateObject)

Post by Loewchen »

Update the driver for your nvidia card, its very old.

GLenPLonk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.25] Crash when starting (GraphicsInterfaceDX11::createPipelineStateObject)

Post by GLenPLonk »

Thank you for your answer. I've just updated my nVidia drivers. It does not help. I can provide the new crash logs, although they do not seem to be very different (except for the appearing nVidia drivers' version).
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(14.84 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

If you have not already, try restarting your system.
You can also check if there are windows updates for directx.
If this does not help, you can use opengl instead of directx, see 9300.

In general i think there is something wrong with your directx/drivers installation as the issue persists across so many versions but no one else reported it.

GLenPLonk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GLenPLonk »

Thank you for you help. I've just tried uninstalling/reinstalling all of my video drivers, directX (I'm currently at version 12). I've just tried the 0.14.23 version of the game and it can start and launch and it is playable. I've also tried installing the game through Steam (as opposed to downloading it from the game's website) : it does not help (I don't know why it would have helped, but at least, I've tried ...).

About the 9300 : I don't have any config.ini file (even after uninstalling/reinstalling the game completely). I have downloaded the ini file given there (and placed it in the config file), but it won't help.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

0.14 uses directx 9, so it working does not mean anything.
You either placed the config.ini in the wrong directory, did not edit it correctly or it crashes somewhere else now because you cannot get a crash in directx when you don't use directx. If you post the new log I can tell which one of those it is.

GLenPLonk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GLenPLonk »

After setting "force-opengl=true" in the config.ini file, the game launches. I must have made typo when I first did this, because then it didn't work, and now it does.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help !

Return to “Technical Help”