[0.17.79] Rocket launch not triggering victory screen

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
LegitimateTeddy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.17.79] Rocket launch not triggering victory screen

Post by LegitimateTeddy »

During my most recent playthrough, I launched my first rocket with a fish as payload in multiplayer on LAN, and the victory screen was not triggered, though the achievement So Long and Thanks for All the Fish was triggered for the same launch.

I was playing by myself in multiplayer on LAN. The world was mistakenly opened and saved with mods active by accident, though this hasn't disabled achievements as the other achievements I obtained during the same session correctly registered on Steam. The world was generated with the rich resources preset, cliffs disabled, research queue enabled, and replay enabled. When attempting to load the replay, it won't initialize as level_init.dat is missing.

Multiple rockets have been launched since the first, one with a satellite as cargo and another empty.
I've included a world download from just before the third rocket launch, a link for my steam profile and videos of the first rocket launch and the entire session

I can provide further information on request, including video footage of the entire playthrough, though that is 36 hours of footage.

Thanks,
Teddy
Attachments
TheNewGroove - backup.zip
(13.72 MiB) Downloaded 84 times
factorio-current.log
(32.95 KiB) Downloaded 111 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.17.79] Rocket launch not triggering victory screen

Post by Loewchen »

The save does not contain control.lua, which would contain the script triggering the victory screen.
Do you know why it is missing that file? How did you create the original save?

LegitimateTeddy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

The original save was created using the Host new game function in the Multiplayer tab. After the initial session it was loaded onto a headless server, which occasionally got loaded with Infinity Mode active by accident. I have no idea why there are files missing, as I haven't tampered with the save directly.
Possibly relevant is that I ran the replay at some point before launching the rocket. The server may have been running at the time, but there were no players online.
Could I by chance splice in a copy of control.lua from elsewhere and get it to function?

LegitimateTeddy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Okay, so I've done a little bit of testing, and it turn out that it's at least sort of related to a different issue I've been having.
I create a world and try to load it onto a headless server. All the files are there. I try to connect to the server from the same machine and get this error:
Cannot join. The following mod script files are not identical between you and the server:

level
I save and reload a couple times trying to get it to connect, then give up and reinstall the game through steam. When I do that, the files disappear, but I can connect.
In the rare instance it does connect correctly without corrupting the save, it will corrupt the save whenever I leave the game.

Honktown
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Honktown »

Possibly relevant is that I ran the replay at some point before launching the rocket.
Cannot join. The following mod script files are not identical between you and the server:

level
...there's already a bug report with a replay, and another with a script-doesn't-match error. May want to make a bug report, they'll figure out if something's going on.
I have mods! I guess!
Link

Return to “Technical Help”