[0.17.52] Many active chunks far outside my base

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.17.52] Many active chunks far outside my base

Post by YunoAloe »

active-chunks.png
active-chunks.png (833.27 KiB) Viewed 1117 times
I have many active chunks outside my base (purple squares). There is no pollution there. They're eating my UPS. Uninstalling Rampant and Natural Evolution does not help, nor changing any of their options either. Deleting the chunks with lua commands helps as well as deleting all biter forces with nests, entity update drops from 8ms+ to 3ms. This may (not necessarily though, as I installed Rampant and Natural evolution just around that same time) have started after one of the most recent updates where their AI got changed. I didn't have this problem for 350 hours on this map before this.
So my question is, is there a way to force those chunks off without deleting or visiting and manually clearing them?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.17.52] Many active chunks far outside my base

Post by Rseding91 »

They're active because they have things to do (biters to build bases, attack, spawn). If you want to "turn them off" you either have to kill them or turn biters to peaceful.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Rseding91 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:55 pm
They're active because they have things to do (biters to build bases, attack, spawn). If you want to "turn them off" you either have to kill them or turn biters to peaceful.
If I asking the game for https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/Lua ... _pollution , makes it need for forced chunk update?

YunoAloe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by YunoAloe »

Upon further investigation, I found out what happened. Turned out I wasn't accurate enough in my tests. Rampant has an option to shrink collision boxes of biters and nests, so it did. After I returned it to normal, a lot of biters got stuck inside rocks, cliffs and nests. Where they got stuck, they wouldn't deactivate, would keep the chunks permanently loaded, and those would seem to spam countless biters in some places like on the screenshot below. And they all had to move. So I executed /ac game.forces["enemy"].kill_all_units() once again, and discovered that I didn't wait long enough on the previous tries: chunks need time to unload. It completely solved this situation in the end.
stuck.png
stuck.png (4.36 MiB) Viewed 1048 times
swarm.png
swarm.png (3.95 MiB) Viewed 1048 times

Return to “Technical Help”