Technical Help FAQ

Anything that prevents you play the game properly. Do you have issues with paying for the game, downloading it or properly running it on your computer? Let us know here.
ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Technical Help FAQ

Post by ssilk » Wed Jun 18, 2014 3:20 am

Welcome! :P

About 90% of the problems are already solved by others, best use the Forum Search

general Information
Payment, Download, Activation
Update
Graphics
Performance Issues
Multiplayer issues
File locations
Account
If your problem is not above the mentioned and you want to open a new topic, then please read the How to... topic first.

If you think there are often asked questions missing here, then contact a moderator and send him Q and A.
Last edited by Koub on Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Multiplayer issues section and Determining own address has failed Q&A
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Jeffman12
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Technical Help FAQ - cause your problem might be known

Post by Jeffman12 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:10 pm

Should add info on how to relocate data dir.

Default Data locations are as follows for win8/10:

Code: Select all

Steam: c:\Users\*your name*\Appdata\Roaming\Factorio
ZIP: Your selected Factorio directory.
Installer: c:\Users\*your name*\Appdata\Roaming\Factorio
To change these directories, begin in your install directory and open config-path.cfg with the text editor of your choice.
You may either
A. Change the config-path= variable from "___PATH___system-write-data___/config" to the directory of your choice i.e. "C:/users/*your name*/Documents/My Games/Factorio/"
-OR-
B. Change the use-system-read-write-data-directories= variable to true or false. This will tell Factorio to store saves/mods in appdata/factorio or your override from step A. if true, or the game's install directory if false.

Upon completing this, you must have Factorio closed and delete or otherwise remove your config.ini located in C:\Users\*your name*\AppData\Roaming\Factorio\config.

You may now move your saves and mods to the designated directory of your choice. Upon starting Factorio a new config file will be generated (Mine went to the same config folder as before). This may manifest as a slight delay in the normally expected load-time of the game next time you start it.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Technical Help FAQ - cause your problem might be known

Post by Neemys » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:27 pm

Recently, Kaspesky antivirus shutdown the game during multiplayer autosave, it's a false positive but I think I'm not the one to get that, migth add the following to the OP FAQ :

Q: The game shutdown and my antivirus told factorio is PDM:Trojan.Win32.Generic.

It's a false positive from Kaspersky, you can add Factorio to the exclusion list to told your antivirus to ignore Factorio. To do so :
Click to display
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Technical Help FAQ - READ BEFORE POSTING because your problem might be known

Post by Loewchen » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:54 am

This topic is now locked, if you want to add a FAQ contact a moderator.

Return to “Technical Help”