sudden lag, stutter and RAM usage

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Noobier
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

sudden lag, stutter and RAM usage

Post by Noobier »

Hi,

I have been playing factorio for a while now. These days factorio began to grab massive amounts of ram when more and more of the map is generadet. It even slows down my pc in a way I did not even know possible. The music running in the background (firefox youtube or spotify) gets slower and slower and stutters.

When I checked my resources the monitor said factorio used up to 8 GB RAM and even tries to grab more and uses the harddrive space (massive number of page faults suggest it)

A few days ago I had no problem even with my superfactory with 113 h of gametime. Then I explored the map a good bit to the east and ste stutter began.
Loading this save now takes ages and saving it, too. Even when i generate a new map and zoom out it stutters like hell and slows everything down.

Can somebody tell me why?

abudabid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: sudden lag, stutter and RAM usage

Post by abudabid »

i know it have been 2 years... but i also have this exact issue... how do you solve this issue ?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

The more you explore the more RAM it takes to play the save file. Explored terrain is saved in the save file and loaded runtime. Unless you've run out of RAM that doesn't impact UPS in any measurable way.

If you can post a log file and the save file you're having problems with I can try to tell you what might be causing any issue(s) you're having.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

abudabid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by abudabid »

So i've been searching for awhile now and found very similar thread viewtopic.php?t=33495read . And apperantly factorio becoming very laggy when the battery is on battery saving mode. I tried to stop this battery saving mode... and suddenly the lag is gone !. Thanks for the thought btw :)

Return to “Technical Help”